Radzinski joins Hall of Fame

Soju

On 10/4/2018 at 1:35 PM, Soju said:

I remember this very differently than you, then. Because I remember us not getting to Germany, because the team and coach sucked at soccer and made me throw my beer at the wall screaming in frustration as Carlos Ruiz castrated us in Vancouver in front of a pro Guatemalan crowd. Would Radz have helped? I dunno, maybe a little. But I'd argue that team was never going to Germany anyway, because aside from being abysmal in all of their home matches in a very winnable group, Jack Warner was making damned sure T&T were going instead. The less said about the Yallop era, the better.

September 23, 2036 at 17.35 PM

I like Larin, but his fake injury in September 2020 when he played for Betsikas (claiming injury, and then going on 4 days later scoring 6 goals in a pivotal match) cost us going to Qatar WC in 2022. 

Posted Thursday, 2036 at 04:35 PM

I remember this very differently than you, then. Because I remember us not getting to Qatar, because the team and coach sucked at soccer and made me throw my beer at the wall screaming in frustration as Jamie Redondo castrated us in Vancouver in front of a pro Guatemalan crowd. Would Larin have helped? I dunno, maybe a little. But I'd argue that team was never going to Qatar anyway, because aside from being abysmal in all of their home matches in a very winnable group, usurping CONCACAF President  Will Ferrell was making damned sure the USA were going instead. The less said about the Herdman era, the better.

Edited by beachesl
bmmm

Okay, he certainly was not injured, he played 90 minutes the weekend after for Fulham. There was nothing less obvious. Coleman the coach clearly admitted it after, saying Fulham need him and he had to play some games as a coach. Of course, you need a compliant player to go along with the ruse.

It is upsetting, as Australia at the time had the opposite attitude. If your club says you are injured, you fly to the other side of the world (4-5 tmes further than Canada) and prove it. Before this Australia was complete crap at soccer. With this change in attitude, look how much they rpogressed while we floundered.

The crap from Canadians backing up this type of bs is why we have had problems, and continue to have problems. We deserve what we get.

My favourite Radz story comes from 2000 when I had just moved to Japan for the first time. A new friend of mine from Quebec was introducing her visitng boyfriend from the GTA, a tennis guy who looked very Polish to me. After a couple of beers I got up the courage to tell him he looked just like this Canadian footballer I followed. He says, "Oh, my girlfriend already mentioned it, did she?" Turned out the guy was best friends with Tomascz's brother and grew up in the same neighbourhood as the Radzinskis. He said they were very hardworking guys, would give you the shirts off their backs. For what it's worth.

On Sun Oct 07 2018 at 5:11 AM, beachesl said:

September 23, 2036 at 17.35 PM

I like Larin, but his fake injury in September 2020 when he played for Betsikas (claiming injury, and then going on 4 days later scoring 6 goals in a pivotal match) cost us going to Qatar WC in 2022. 

Posted Thursday, 2036 at 04:35 PM

I remember this very differently than you, then. Because I remember us not getting to Qatar, because the team and coach sucked at soccer and made me throw my beer at the wall screaming in frustration as Jamie Redondo castrated us in Vancouver in front of a pro Guatemalan crowd. Would Larin have helped? I dunno, maybe a little. But I'd argue that team was never going to Qatar anyway, because aside from being abysmal in all of their home matches in a very winnable group, usurping CONCACAF President  Will Ferrell was making damned sure the USA were going instead. The less said about the Herdman era, the better.

Did you just build a hypothetical time machine to travel through time and space, blame Cyle Larin for our future failings, then reply to yourself with a sarcastic rebuttal, copy the text and return to this thread to paste it?

This is my new favourite post.

6 minutes ago, Soju said:

Did you just build a hypothetical time machine to travel through time and space, blame Cyle Larin for our future failings, then reply to yourself with a sarcastic rebuttal, copy the text and return to this thread to paste it?

This is my new favourite post.

I hope Radz isnt reading this thread.  

• 2 months later...

Australia's calling out lying from Premier League other clubs (and the clubs' forcing the players to the deception) consistently over the past 20 years has been a key to their huge success relative to CSA'S head-up-its-#ss attitude.

from: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/20/graham-arnold-names-injured-aaron-mooy-in-socceroos-asian-cup-squad

"Graham Arnold has named a largely as-expected Socceroos squad for the forthcoming Asian Cup in UAE in January, with the inclusion of injured Premier League star, Aaron Mooy the major talking point.

Mooy had previously ruled out any involvement in Australia’s Asian Cup defence after his club Huddersfield reported the midfielder had suffered a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee during a 1-0 loss to Arsenal earlier this month.

“I’m also sad that this injury will rule me out of the Asian Cup,” Mooy had previously told the club’s official website. “I’d like to wish the Socceroos all the best as they head to the UAE. I’ll be supporting them from afar.”

FFA delayed the announcement of the squad by 24 hours and it’s understood they commissioned an independent medical assessment on Mooy by a third-party expert, with further medical assessments to be made on Friday.  ”

Edited by beachesl
quohhht

• 1 year later...

Gonna put some Radzinski goals here. Some big ones against big names.

The ballyhooed winner against Saints:

Showing his wicked pace vs Southampton again: 

Vs. Barthez and Beckham's Man Utd:

And again:

Vs Liverpool:

Vs. Lazio:

Vs Middlesbrough (cameo by Rooney):

Vs Arsenal: 

And an another beauty vs Arsenal:

Vs. Switzerland:

And again: 

A beauty vs Panathinaikos while in his twilight years at Xanthi: 

Not against a giant (Bolton) but perhaps one of his prettiest, not even looking human here: 

First league goal for Anderlecht, vs Genk: 

Vs. Spurs: 

Edited by nolando