Ferdi Kadioglu

Just a general update:

1)
He is still getting regular playing time, with Fenerbahçe, often as a sub.

2)
The Turkish manager Senol Günes indeed spoke with him late last summer:
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/1030474633/ferdi-kadioglu-oranje-gaat-het-lastig-krijgen-tegen-turkije
Kadıoğlu declined to file his switch then.

3)
Still with The Netherlands U21.
They had 3 matches in March:

Did not play in the 1st match.
https://www.uefa.com/under21/match/2030673--romania-vs-netherlands/
Came on for the injured Noa Lang at the 22nd minute in the 2nd match.
https://www.uefa.com/under21/match/2030675--germany-vs-netherlands/
Played 82 minutes in the third match.
https://www.uefa.com/under21/match/2030680--netherlands-vs-hungary/

The Netherlands U21 did qualify for the final 4 of the UEFA-U21 in late May / early June. This is great news.
This makes it very likely that he will be with the Dutch U21 squad then; he therefore won't get capped for the senior Dutch squad ( or file a one-time-switch for the Turkish squad ) for the senior EUROs.

The EUROs start June 11. Squads are due 10 days before that (June 1st); unless Kadıoğlu lights the Turkish League on fire in the next 8 matches at club level, this buys us (and him) a few more months before he has to make a senior team choice.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course! I love everyone on this board and would gladly buy them a beer even if we don't agree on everything. We all love the game and we all love the Canadian game.

Check out My latest coomment on his Ig Page, lmfao... Doing My part! 

Did you really need that many words to say he is eligible for 3 countries and Canadas probably his 3rd option????

Posted Images

My take on him is that he will most likely play for Turkey where his club side is and his family roots are as he is likely not good enough for the Dutch side.  That being said, he may not be good enough to be a regular for the Turkish national side either at the moment.  If he’s smart, he focuses on his club side for the next year and establishes himself as a regular starter which likely will get him into the Turkish national team picture. O/w he risks switching and not playing, and then he is screwed.

I don’t think we really see him in a Canadian shirt unless (1) he doesn’t really develop enough to be a regular with Turkey in the next year and/or (2) we qualify and they don’t for next years World Cup.  And at that point, it’s possible that he won’t be good enough for us with the players we have (or are emerging) on the wing. 

38 minutes ago, An Observer said:

My take on him is that he will most likely play for Turkey where his club side is and his family roots are as he is likely not good enough for the Dutch side.  That being said, he may not be good enough to be a regular for the Turkish national side either at the moment.  If he’s smart, he focuses on his club side for the next year and establishes himself as a regular starter which likely will get him into the Turkish national team picture. O/w he risks switching and not playing, and then he is screwed.

I don’t think we really see him in a Canadian shirt unless (1) he doesn’t really develop enough to be a regular with Turkey in the next year and/or (2) we qualify and they don’t for next years World Cup.  And at that point, it’s possible that he won’t be good enough for us with the players we have (or are emerging) on the wing. 

Good Observation, of all of the duals I think he is the least likely to play for Canada.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM