US Virgin Islands-Canada match thread (R)

Blackdude

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that wasn’t a bad half at all.  I don’t hear any ducks and I don’t see any either.  The pitch is noticeably very dry.

Theres one old boy (a USVI supporter) who is about the most entertaining thing in the stands.  He’s having a go at the defenders.  Not sure what he expects.

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I've seen those called penalties.

Would have given Borjan something to do at least

Why did we make him come to this game at all?

Cap tie BUSTI already. Even if he goes bust in Italy, he's gonna end up in the MLS or CSL. We can't risk a guy who's on Italy's radar.

This game's way too easy for our players. If anything, I'll take that as a big plus. We need to prove to everyone that we're in the top tier in CONCACAF, and destroying teams at this level is what it will take to show that.

What I really like is how the young players are still being professional in their performance. Herdman playing Davies and Millar in deeper wide roles will help them in their discipline and approach in matches against tougher opponents. Getting professional caps for Millar and David is a big plus, too. I'm just glad that they have the love for this country and enthusiasm to play for them (unlike Ballou Tabla).

I'm expecting to see a couple of half-time substitutions in order to try out different combinations and more playing time for some of our other players. Regardless, this is going to be a fun 45 minutes (if I can ignore the commentator).

I think this is a good situation to give Busti a half. Game's in control.  

ZBG needs to be captied too, and I can see wanting to give Larin the chance to shake his Canmnt scoring demons.  

Problem is not saving a sub for an injury. Maybe Busti and Larin at the half and use ZBG late. 

Just in case anyone cares..here some potential records that could fall today.

Team

Biggest win
7–0 vs 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Lucia.svg.png Saint Lucia October 7, 2011

Most goals scored in one game
7 – vs 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Lucia.svg.png Saint Lucia on October 7, 2011

Individual

Most goals in one game
3 – John Catliff vs 23px-Flag_of_Jamaica.svg.png Jamaica in 1988, Alex Bunbury vs 23px-Flag_of_Bermuda.svg.png Bermuda in 1992 and Simeon Jackson vs 23px-Flag_of_Saint_Lucia.svg.png Saint Lucia in 2011

Most goals in a debut
2 – Art Hughes, Dale Mitchell, Nick Papadakis, Tom Kouzmanis

1 minute ago, SthMelbRed said:

This is probably the best live stream of a football match I've ever had.

Yeah, I'm in Argentina and the internet is terrible but it's still pretty good. Aside from the occasional bad camera angles it's pretty good. 

Any idea on the cost come December? 

Archived