Admin

1 hour ago, mpg_29 said:

ehhhh....so basically you have to pay for this at after the free trial....

Pretty decent quality given the circumstances of sub-par stadiums. Having a look in on Guyana Barbados right now. Limited angles really (on this stream at least) but if it's my only option I'll subscribe.

7 minutes ago, tyler453 said:

Pretty decent quality given the circumstances of sub-par stadiums. Having a look in on Guyana Barbados right now. Limited angles really (on this stream at least) but if it's my only option I'll subscribe.

Looks like it's using the OZ streaming platform. If you go on oz.com you can see streams of various events...the concacaf stuff is showing free with me logged in but other events are there to purchase for either pay per view or monthly sub.

17 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

ehhhh....so basically you have to pay for this at after the free trial....

No you don't have to pay after the free trial. It's opt-in not opt-out. They have no way to take money from you, as all you have to give them is an email address.

You could choose to subscribe after the free trial. Though hopefully CSA has made some kind of media deal themselves by March 2019.

The streaming quality of the games I saw yesterday looked excellent BTW. And using opt-in instead of opt-out seems far more ethical than most streaming sites (like DAZN and CBS) where you have to provide some kind of payment method, but then cancel before your 30-day free-trial ends.

5 minutes ago, nfitz said:

No you don't have to pay after the free trial. It's opt-in not opt-out. They have no way to take money from you, as all you have to give them is an email address.

You could choose to subscribe after the free trial. Though hopefully CSA has made some kind of media deal themselves by March 2019.

The streaming quality of the games I saw yesterday looked excellent BTW. And using opt-in instead of opt-out seems far more ethical than most streaming sites (like DAZN and CBS) where you have to provide some kind of payment method, but then cancel before your 30-day free-trial ends.

If Canada Soccer signed with DAZN I'd be ok with it.  For $150 per year you get more Football than you can watch.  All non-Canadian MLS, all NFL, US College sports and more.

Of course, I'd rather have our publicly funded network show all the games that TSN and Sportsnet don't pick up since they are supposed to promote Canadian culture but that is a pipe dream.

But this competition is CONCACAF, and they may or may not be willing to play nice with others in that respect.

Either way, DAZN, or this site or pay per use....we have to change the economy of the game if we want to change the future and that means paying.

People complaining on FB that they have to sign up for this site is laughable beyond comprehension.  I get people are sick of doing it.....this site experiences the same problem.   But handing all of the Internet over to 8 services driven by ads is lunacy. 

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I'm not sure what the $50 annually means. I think the $10 seems reasonable, but I'm guessing the $50 would cover up until the next round. So I'm guessing later rounds of CNL would probably be cost something around that.

Not sure what you are seeing.

It's free through December, so no need to worry about the September, October, and November rounds. No point then signing up for anything, until we find out about March. Who knows what is happening by then.

Clearly the entire situation is massively in flux and unstable, when you can't even legally get UEFA Nations League in ANY manner in Canada. Because who wants to watch England vs Spain or Germany vs France?

Archived