Sign in to follow this  
bwilly11

MARTÍN AMUZ

Looking at youtube highlights isn't a good indication, I get that. But if I'm being honest, when looking at the highlights a short while back, he looked poor. The standard in play looked surprisingly poor than I thought it would. But like I said, it's still a bad way to judge.

I do agree that Canada fans fall in love with where these players play and not their actual talent at times.

Edited by Colliedor

I cannot recall if it was on the forum, on twitter (or both) that somebody posted about Martín Amuz not getting called to the Uruguay U23 team. In fact, seemed to be very far from a call-up.

http://www.auf.org.uy/gustavo-ferreyra-definio-el-plantel-para-el-torneo-preolimpico-2020/

Obviously, there is no more possibility of youth football for him with Uruguay. Uruguay is also such a strong team at senior level that the chances that he will improve enough to get a look with them over the next 5 years are slim to none. Will he be a better centre-back at U23 level than Scott Kennedy? Has anybody actually watched the two of them play to compare?

Do you think he will join our U23 squad?

On 1/1/2020 at 3:24 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I cannot recall if it was on the forum, on twitter (or both) that somebody posted about Martín Amuz not getting called to the Uruguay U23 team. In fact, seemed to be very far from a call-up.

http://www.auf.org.uy/gustavo-ferreyra-definio-el-plantel-para-el-torneo-preolimpico-2020/

Obviously, there is no more possibility of youth football for him with Uruguay. Uruguay is also such a strong team at senior level that the chances that he will improve enough to get a look with them over the next 5 years are slim to none. Will he be a better centre-back at U23 level than Scott Kennedy? Has anybody actually watched the two of them play to compare?

Do you think he will join our U23 squad?

Really hope both he and Scott get called at least into an initial squad. Miller and Cornelius pick themselves but who knows where we go after those two. Dunn, TMG, N'Sa, Romeo or Montgomery?