MARTÍN AMUZ

bwilly11

Havent seen him mentioned much, but 1st team minutes in Uruguay at a position we need is something to keep an eye on.

Martín Federico Amuz Balari

Centre Back

Born in 1997 in Toronto. Playing for in Danubio FC of the Primera Division in Uruguay.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/martin-amuz/leistungsdaten/spieler/402076

8140.JPG

6 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

Havent seen him mentioned much, but 1st team minutes in Uruguay at a position we need is something to keep an eye on.

Centre Back

Born in 1997 in Toronto. Playing for in Danubio FC of the Primera Division in Uruguay.

8140.JPG

Definitely one to watch, although he hasn't had much playing time for Danubio; he's only been in the 18 seven times so far this season out of 29 matches. Certainly worth calling up for the next Olympic qualifying campaign though, assuming he's interested in playing for us.

On 8/21/2018 at 2:03 AM, bwilly11 said:

Centre Back

Football Manager aficionados will know this lad was included the last few versions - but I could never get him to commit to my program. Hope the real guys have better luck.

Edited by BCM

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

A 22 year old that is starting to to get some starts in top flight Uruguay seems like a decent dual national to pursue, especially given the fact he is a center back.  At least an attempt to bring him in to a U23 camp.

Danubio is not a powerhouse but has had some recent Uruguayan great players play for them such as Recoba, Forlan, Chevanton, Gargano, Stuani, Cavani & Giminez. 

4 hours ago, Corazon said:

A 22 year old that is starting to to get some starts in top flight Uruguay seems like a decent dual national to pursue, especially given the fact he is a center back.  At least an attempt to bring him in to a U23 camp.

Danubio is not a powerhouse but has had some recent Uruguayan great players play for them such as Recoba, Forlan, Chevanton, Gargano, Stuani, Cavani & Giminez. 

I thought there was an injury at first but he’s starting almost all games now

Seems exactly like the type of guy we should be inviting to a camp.  Young, CB, and playing at what seems like a solid level (though I admit this is based purely on assumption).  In the buildup to 2026 and possibly 2022, deepening the pool of quality young CB’s has to be seen as a priority for the program. 

On 10/19/2019 at 4:46 PM, Corazon said:

looks like Biello is already following him, so he has good chances to make it in olympic qualifiers

2 hours ago, Dicdan said:

looks like Biello is already following him, so he has good chances to make it in olympic qualifiers

Canucks abroad has been following and posting his results for 3 years. Though hard to think he would have a call accepted while starting for the first team

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

He has only started once in the league hasnt he? 

Either way exciting if we can persuade him to join the cause for Olympic qualifiers. 

What hes done since august.

Aug 19th, 90 against Boston River

Aug 25th, 90 against Defensor

Sept 1, 90 against River Plate

Sept 15 Bench

Sept 19 Bench

Sept 23, 90 for Reserve team

Oct 9th, 90 against Nacional

Oct 16th, 90 against Defensor

Oct 19, 90 against Progreso. 

Nice! Transfermarkt wasn't updated when I looked for the most recent two games and they have kind of updated it now, kinda! https://www.transfermarkt.us/martin-amuz/leistungsdaten/spieler/402076

I am not familiar with what the Torneo Intermedio is in comparison to league games? A cup tournament I think? So still first team.

If he keeps getting minutes there is certainly an argument for him to be ahead of Didic in the full mens team. 

32 minutes ago, toontownman said:

If he keeps getting minutes there is certainly an argument for him to be ahead of Didic in the full mens team. 

How Amer is on the depth is still to be argued, especially over some CBs in the CPL, without even mentioning  Manjrekar.... But that's a different convo. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Has anyone actually seen him play??  

I laughed, because I've been advocating to see him in the program... But I haven't seen him play or any recent highlights - everything is from 2015. 

Its more so he plays a position in need, and is playing in Uruguay. 

Well this sort of reminds me of Cordova.  Not trying to slag him, but he got talked up alot  playing in Chile and in a position we are weak in  but since he has been in the program and been in camps etc...ehhhh!/?/???!  Is he any better than guys we had languishing in USL, ie Lareya?? Or ZBG or Godinho??  The grass is always greener..and especially when its south american grass.  Dont get me wrong, come on down, come to camps lets see what you can do...but I've never seen the kid play, never seen an interview or quote saying he would like to rep canada etc.  I am just a little wary...but I would be happy to be proved wrong.  

15 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well this sort of reminds me of Cordova.  Not trying to slag him, but he got talked up alot  playing in Chile and in a position we are weak in  but since he has been in the program and been in camps etc...ehhhh!/?/???!  Is he any better than guys we had languishing in USL, ie Lareya?? Or ZBG or Godinho??  The grass is always greener..and especially when its south american grass.  Dont get me wrong, come on down, come to camps lets see what you can do...but I've never seen the kid play, never seen an interview or quote saying he would like to rep canada etc.  I am just a little wary...but I would be happy to be proved wrong.  

Like Cordova though, this guy is young - still only 22.  Great age to build depth (will be 29 in 2026).  As a CB, he also plays our thinnest position.  For those reasons alone it would be great to get this guy into a camp and see how he looks.  

This is the sort of thing we may even be able to do on our low-road route to 2022 against some Caribbean minnows.