Goderich CPL

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 8:25 PM, jpg75 said:

Look at the pic on his twitter. Replacing town hall in the middle of town.

I'm originally from Goderich, that's not town hall, that's the county courthouse.  I think the courthouse and/or the entire downtown Square has historical designation which would make building anything like a stadium difficult.

I've attached a photo of the actual towh hall.  Which, like much of the downtown area, has a historical designation.

HDP---57-West.png

16 minutes ago, devioustrevor said:

I'm originally from Goderich, that's not town hall, that's the county courthouse.  I think the courthouse and/or the entire downtown Square has historical designation which would make building anything like a stadium difficult.

I've attached a photo of the actual towh hall.  Which, like much of the downtown area, has a historical designation.

HDP---57-West.png

Jokes on you Trevor, they're going to bulldoze most of the town and build a 100,000 seat Azteca-like stadium. Tigres de Goderich, 5-time defending CPL Champs will attract ManU fanboy type fans from all over North America.

11 hours ago, nolando said:

My brother-in-law is from Goderich. Says they have the best donuts in the country. Can it be a donut shaped stadium at least - The Big Dough perhaps?

I don't know about donuts, but the bakery, actually just a few doors up from the town hall I posted a picture of, has amazing cookies.

When downtown Goderich was smashed by a tornado in 2011, I remember that one of the reporters from Winnipeg was a Goderich native and mentioned he had been all across Canada and Goderich still had the best cookies.  He preferred the lemon cookies, I'm a chocolate chip man myself.

2 hours ago, devioustrevor said:

I don't know about donuts, but the bakery, actually just a few doors up from the town hall I posted a picture of, has amazing cookies.

When downtown Goderich was smashed by a tornado in 2011, I remember that one of the reporters from Winnipeg was a Goderich native and mentioned he had been all across Canada and Goderich still had the best cookies.  He preferred the lemon cookies, I'm a chocolate chip man myself.

I don't believe I've had cookies from Goderich before. They may very well be the best, but I just can't trust the opinion of someone who says lemon cookies are their favourite.