11- F- Audrey Chelsie François | CAN / CS Monteuil Laval
12- F- Alexie Bellerose | CAN / FC Challenger Mirabel
13- FB- Taliyah Walker | CAN / Unionville-Milliken SC
14- M- Isabella Muzzolini | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Girls Elite
15- M- Maya Rogers | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Girls Elite
16- M- Nikayla Small | CAN / United FA
17- M- Thaea Mouratidis | CAN / Unionville-Milliken SC
18- GK- Sierra Giorgio | CAN / Vaughan SC

https://canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-announces-squad-for-concacaf-girls-under-15-championship-p161702

SCHEDULE :

Tuesday August 7, 2018        Canada vs Costa Rica    8 am PT/ 11 am ET

Wednesday August 8, 2018   Dominican Republic vs Canada   8 am PT/ 11 am ET

Friday   August 10, 2018        Panama  vs Canada    8 am PT/ 11 am ET

http://www.concacaf.com/en/under-15-girls/schedule-results#tab_team=all-matches

-looks like  CONCACAF  is streaming  the matches on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVE8RHTEI_o

Ugh!  That was hard to watch, mostly because of the refs falling for all of the Costa Rican time wasting.  As usual, we looked pretty good everywhere except in the final third of the pitch, where we were toothless.  If the wingers had passed on some of their chances instead of banging the ball right at the goalkeeper every time, we might have put a few more in.  Even on the goal we scored, our player shot right into the goalkeeper's chest, and then was lucky to get it by on her second attempt after it rebounded back to her.  Our UXX women need to work on their composure in front of the opponent's goal, because it's the one place where they don't have any.

I have to say, the second Costa Rican goal was a beauty.  A soft curling shot that went around our goalkeeper and squeaked in by the post.

14 hours ago, rkomar said:

Ugh!  That was hard to watch, mostly because of the refs falling for all of the Costa Rican time wasting.  As usual, we looked pretty good everywhere except in the final third of the pitch, where we were toothless.  If the wingers had passed on some of their chances instead of banging the ball right at the goalkeeper every time, we might have put a few more in.  Even on the goal we scored, our player shot right into the goalkeeper's chest, and then was lucky to get it by on her second attempt after it rebounded back to her.  Our UXX women need to work on their composure in front of the opponent's goal, because it's the one place where they don't have any.

I have to say, the second Costa Rican goal was a beauty.  A soft curling shot that went around our goalkeeper and squeaked in by the post.

Canada 1-0 Dominican Rep. 

The same situation against the Dominican Rep. The most of the shots right into the goalkeeper's chest. 

now is very difficult to qualify to the next round even as the best second , After the Costa Rica - Panamá draw 

To be fair, the wingers made many passes towards players near the 6 yard box this game, so I have to give them credit for fixing that.  However, it just moved the problem to the next step: connecting with the other forwards, and then getting a decent shot from the latter.  It seemed like our players did a better job of clearing the ball out of danger than the defenders did.  Our attack is really disappointing.  We would be a pretty decent team if we could make it even moderately more effective.

On the positive side, I think our players are going to benefit a lot from this international experience.  I get the feeling that they are used to much more space and time in their league/school play, and this is a real eye-opener for them.  It's exactly what this tournament was created for.

On 8/8/2018 at 2:57 PM, xabuep2 said:

Canada 1-0 Dominican Rep. 

The same situation against the Dominican Rep. The most of the shots right into the goalkeeper's chest. 

now is very difficult to qualify to the next round even as the best second , After the Costa Rica - Panamá draw 

Do you know what the tournament format is? I looked at the Concacaf website and couldn't find it anywhere. I would hazard to guess coming in 2nd place in one of the Group 1 divisions would qualify you for playoffs?

20 minutes ago, BreadBoy said:

Do you know what the tournament format is? I looked at the Concacaf website and couldn't find it anywhere. I would hazard to guess coming in 2nd place in one of the Group 1 divisions would qualify you for playoffs?

Three group winners from top division and best 2nd place advance to playoffs. The website coverage is horrendous. Costa Rica needs to lose for us to advance but no result yet from that CR - DR game is posted.

3 hours ago, Ed_S said:

Three group winners from top division and best 2nd place advance to playoffs. The website coverage is horrendous. Costa Rica needs to lose for us to advance but no result yet from that CR - DR game is posted.

Costa Rica won 1-0 over DR, so they won the group, and the US is through as the best 2nd place team (Canada was equal on points with the US but they had a better goal differential, and the result from the third group game that decided 2nd place there isn't up on the CONCACAF site yet, but the US twitter account has tweeted that they are through and playing Portugal in one of the semis tomorrow). 

Looks like the four semi-finalists  are Portugal vs USA and Mexico vs Costa Rica with the final being  played on Monday, August 13, 2018.

It looks like Canada is in a placement match against Haiti  tomorrow ( Saturday,  August 11, 2018 ) at  9: 00 am ET / 6: 00 am  PT

https://soccerstl.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2018-CONCACAF-U15-Girls-Tournament.pdf

The little scoreboard at concacaf.com shows that we beat Haiti 2-0 today.  There's no video up as of yet, so I'm wondering if the game was played without a TV crew recording it.

Overall, I thought we were the best team in our group.  We dominated all three group games, and it was just finishing that let us down.  I'm not going to feel too disappointed about the result, because it's clear that we aren't slipping relative to everyone else.  We do need more cold-blooded finishers, though.

10 hours ago, rkomar said:

The little scoreboard at concacaf.com shows that we beat Haiti 2-0 today.  There's no video up as of yet, so I'm wondering if the game was played without a TV crew recording it.

Overall, I thought we were the best team in our group.  We dominated all three group games, and it was just finishing that let us down.  I'm not going to feel too disappointed about the result, because it's clear that we aren't slipping relative to everyone else.  We do need more cold-blooded finishers, though.

I'm not sure if it was supposed to be filmed in the first place or not but it was played with like a 7 hour lightning delay so that may have had some impact on the streaming. 

USA beat Mexico 3-0, scoring all of their goals in extra time.  I felt a bit sorry for the Mexican team, because they had a couple of golden chances to score near the end of regulation time.  I guess poor finishing under pressure isn't just a Canadian affliction.

Archived