The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Hehehehehe!!

Who the hell are these idiots. Basically his comment was I would never have guessed because I'm about to admit that I had previously paid no attention to him. And basically Hercules Gomez says he doesn't rate him because he cant roll any Rs in his name

Edited by SpursFlu

With all due respect to Pulisic, Davies is the hotter commodity. The Americans all know it. We know it. The neutrals know it. It’s undeniable.

In the comments you can also see that most people rate Davies ahead of Pulisic, and the arguments against Davies are silly, like saying he wouldn’t get into Liverpool over Robertson or TAA, as if that is relevant. What a dumb argument. That is like saying Pulisic wouldn’t get into Liverpool over Mane or Salah. It’s completely irrelevant. The other foolish comments are saying you can not compare because Davies is a defender. Nice try butt hurt Americans...

Pulisic is arguably a top 20 player from the 1998 generation (if I am being generous), but Davies is comfortably a top 10 player from the 2000 generation, and arguably a top 5 player. Nobody would argue Pulisic is a top 5 player for his generation, unlike Davies.

Davies is also closing the gap on total pro appearances, despite being 2 years younger. 

And he’s in better form.

Winner Davies.

Can’t wait for the Pulisic versus David debate lol

Edited by Obinna

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

With all due respect to Pulisic, Davies is the hotter commodity. The Americans all know it. We know it. The neutrals know it. It’s undeniable.

In the comments you can also see that most people rate Davies ahead of Pulisic, and the arguments against Davies are silly, like saying he wouldn’t get into Liverpool over Robertson or TAA, as if that is relevant. What a dumb argument. That is like saying Pulisic wouldn’t get into Liverpool over Mane or Salah. It’s completely irrelevant. The other foolish comments are saying you can not compare because Davies is a defender. Nice try butt hurt Americans...

Pulisic is arguably a top 20 player from the 1998 generation (if I am being generous), but Davies is comfortably a top 10 player from the 2000 generation, and arguably a top 5 player. Nobody would argue Pulisic is a top 5 player for his generation, unlike Davies.

Davies is also closing the gap on total pro appearances, despite being 2 years younger. 

And he’s in better form.

Winner Davies.

Can’t wait for the Pulisic versus David debate lol

Ironically a lot of Scotish fans don’t rate Robertson. Think he is overrated. I forget the reason exactly

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Who the hell are these idiots. Basically his comment was I would never have guessed because I'm about to admit that I had previously paid no attention to him. And basically Hercules Gomez says he doesn't rate him because he cant roll any Rs in his name

I still hate these guys from their comments after Canada beat USA last year. Even the guy that was saying Davies is better than Pulisic was annoying with his comment about Vancouver.

3 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

The comments are a complete shitshow, Jesus Christ. The Americans definitely didn’t like hearing that Pulisic might not be the best player in Concacaf. 

Only Americans would say that.  Almost everyone else in the world would say Keylor Navas.  12 titles including 3x Champions League titles for Real Madrid.  UEFA keeper of the year.  Navas is the most accomplished player from CONCACAF ever to the best of my knowledge.

edit- UEFA not EUFA lol.

Edited by baulderdash77

1 hour ago, Kent said:

I still hate these guys from their comments after Canada beat USA last year. Even the guy that was saying Davies is better than Pulisic was annoying with his comment about Vancouver.

At 17 he led the league in balls won. 2nd in complete dribbles. All you have to do is go on youtube and see he was a human highlite reel. But he did nothing? Are people on crack?

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

At 17 he led the league in balls won. 2nd in complete dribbles. All you have to do is go on youtube and see he was a human highlite reel. But he did nothing? Are people on crack?

He was also bought by Bayern for the highest transfer fee ever from the MLS.  If these two who make a living commenting on MLS didn’t really know who he was then, they should be embarrassed about their ignorance rather than screaming about it on TV. 

I think they were slamming Vancouver for being irrelevant, ie nobody at ESPN football cares what goes on there eh??  MLS was already promoting Davies by the end (Davies was in the all star game before he signed with Bayern)...they were pushing the "MLS product" and glossing over  the "CDN international" in his description. 

4 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I watched most of his games with Vancouver, his numbers would have been way better if he had better teammates around him. It's a bit hard to remember details from 2 years ago but I think he had to create a lot of his chances himself and had teammates who couldn't score. Even then, 8 goals and 11 assists are still decent for 27 starts which included time at LB, where I remember him being pretty solid defensively for a 17 year old.

People look at goals wayyyyy too much sometimes, it reminds me of Nylander being criticized for being only a 20 goal scorer even though he put up an average of 40 assists in his first two seasons.

7 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Only Americans would say that.  Almost everyone else in the world would say Keylor Navas.  12 titles including 3x Champions League titles for Real Madrid.  UEFA keeper of the year.  Navas is the most accomplished player from CONCACAF ever to the best of my knowledge.

edit- UEFA not EUFA lol.

Rafa Marquez?

14 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

edit- UEFA not EUFA lol.

Hugo Sanchez?

I remember 2 years ago when we thought we were overhyping Davies and he was not near Pulisic at that moment. Albeit that was when phonsie still didn’t score his first MLS goal

7 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Not me

Sorry, I should have been more accurate because I do was hoping for him to stay with the first team.

Perhaps. "Remember 15 months ago when we all thought a reasonable outcome was for Davies to go on loan" haha

I really hope the Bundesliga is back in May. 

On front page of Guardian sports section, interview with Lineker:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/24/bayern-munich-alphonso-davies-meets-gary-lineker-i-want-to-be-an-actor

More of the great stuff we are used to from Alphonso. The first clip is short, the longer which seems to have been done for ACNUR, longer.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist