The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

Found it on TSN: https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-davies-picks-up-beautiful-assist-on-lewandowski-goal~1858090

Pretty much everything I'd dreamed of when he moved to a mega club.

How can you not love that slow-mo of Coutinho & Lewandowski coming over to point at Davies for his great play......

Edited by Yoginess

10 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Found it on TSN: https://www.tsn.ca/must-see/video/must-see-davies-picks-up-beautiful-assist-on-lewandowski-goal~1858090

Pretty much everything I'd dreamed of when he moved to a mega club.

How can you not love that slow-mo of Coutinho & Lewandowski coming over to point at Davies for his great play......

I admit it, I watched that replay at least 10 times :lol:

I'm getting addicted to looking up his stats! Whoscored gave him a rating of 7.79 against Freiburg. That was second best on the team. It was one thing that he was getting a top rating when the team was not playing well but he's still ranking as one of the top players even when they are winning.

His season average is now 7.42 which ties him for 8th best in the Bundesliga this season. That however falls short of his 8.22 rating in the Champions league where he is the fourth highest rated player behind Lewandowski, Messi and Neymar! I think I've come across those names before somewhere.

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Huge jump in his value on transfermarkt this week. Increased by 10 million Euros to 25 million. 

Currently rated as 318th most expensive player in the world and the 9th most expensive born in 2000.

That kind of tells you everything you need to know about transfermarkt doesn't it?   It's basically just some guy (or guys?) on the internet taking a guess and should always be taken with a very large grain of salt.    

53 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

I'm getting addicted to looking up his stats! Whoscored gave him a rating of 7.79 against Freiburg. That was second best on the team. It was one thing that he was getting a top rating when the team was not playing well but he's still ranking as one of the top players even when they are winning.

His season average is now 7.42 which ties him for 8th best in the Bundesliga this season. That however falls short of his 8.22 rating in the Champions league where he is the fourth highest rated player behind Lewandowski, Messi and Neymar! I think I've come across those names before somewhere.

If you are interested in his ratings I will provide the his goal rating as I have recently done after his matches.

Yesterday he finished with a 6.8, good for 6th best on the team and 5th best out of the starters.

Joshua Zirkzee came off the bench to score the winner and as a result he was given an 8.9 (highest). Neuer, Muller, Lewandowski and Gnabry were the ones given higher ratings, with Courtinho the lowest at 3.5.

This has been the trend for the last few weeks: Davies rating 3rd, 4th or 5th best in the team. Often a sub will come in and have an impact and rank at or near the top. Last few games it was Muller.

Anyways, no matter who is doing the ranking, to be among the highest ranked players for 6 or 7 games in a row for Bayern is very impressive for any 19 year old, especially for a Canadian international.

By the way, after following these for a while, I think all players start at 6, with the winning teams skewing up and the losing team skewing down.

9 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Huge jump in his value on transfermarkt this week. Increased by 10 million Euros to 25 million. 

Currently rated as 318th most expensive player in the world and the 9th most expensive born in 2000.

Can you list their top ten players born in 2000, by chance? I'm curious to see, but have never visited transfermarkt's website.

Jadon Sancho Jadon Sancho
Right Winger

19EnglandBorussia Dortmund€120.00m 2

Vinícius Júnior Vinícius Júnior
Left Winger

19BrazilReal Madrid€70.00m 3

Erling Haaland Erling Haaland
Centre-Forward

19NorwayRed Bull Salzburg€45.00m 4

Ryan Sessegnon Ryan Sessegnon
Left Midfield

19EnglandTottenham Hotspur€35.00m 5

Callum Hudson-Odoi Callum Hudson-Odoi
Left Winger

19England
GhanaChelsea FC€35.00m 6

Moise Kean Moise Kean
Centre-Forward

19Italy
Cote d'IvoireEverton FC€32.00m 7

Phil Foden Phil Foden
Central Midfield

19EnglandManchester City€30.00m 8

Sandro Tonali Sandro Tonali
Defensive Midfield

19ItalyBrescia Calcio€30.00m 9

Dejan Kulusevski Dejan Kulusevski
Right Winger

19Sweden
North MacedoniaParma Calcio 1913€25.00m 10

Alphonso Davies Alphonso Davies
Left Winger

19Canada
LiberiaBayern Munich€25.00m 11

Ozan Kabak Ozan Kabak
Centre-Back

19TurkeyFC Schalke 04€22.00m 12

Antony Antony
Right Winger

19BrazilSão Paulo Futebol Clube€20.00m 13

Jonathan David Jonathan David
Attacking Midfield

19Canada
United StatesKAA Gent€20.00m 14

Ferran Torres Ferran Torres
Right Winger

19SpainValencia CF€20.00m 15

Max Aarons Max Aarons
Right-Back

19EnglandNorwich City€15.00m 16

Dominik Szoboszlai Dominik Szoboszlai
Left Midfield

19HungaryRed Bull Salzburg€15.00m 17

Paulinho Paulinho
Left Winger

19BrazilBayer 04 Leverkusen€15.00m 18

Hamed Junior Traorè Hamed Junior Traorè
Attacking Midfield

19Cote d'IvoireUS Sassuolo€15.00m 19

Tetê Tetê
Right Winger

19BrazilShakhtar Donetsk€15.00m 20

Aurélien Tchouaméni Aurélien Tchouaméni
Defensive Midfield

19France
CameroonFC Girondins Bordeaux€14.00m 21

Diego Lainez Diego Lainez
Left Winger

19MexicoReal Betis Balompié€14.00m 22

Agustín Almendra Agustín Almendra
Central Midfield

19ArgentinaClub Atlético Boca Juniors€12.00m 23

Sergiño Dest Sergiño Dest
Right-Back

19United States
NetherlandsAjax Amsterdam€12.00m 24

Agustín Urzi Agustín Urzi
Left Winger

19Argentina
ItalyClub Atlético Banfield€10.00m 25

Julián Álvarez Julián Álvarez
Centre-Forward

19ArgentinaClub Atlético River Plate€10.00m 

I wonder who the next gem will be?

The kid from the TFC system seems promising but not Davies/David promising.

Then again, David was virtually unknown at that stage. Perhaps the next guy will be also.

By the way, was thinking of a nickname for this dynamic duo...

D squared?

52 minutes ago, Floortom said:

^wow -2 Canadians in the top 15. That’s absolutely wild. Doubtful anyone saw this coming two years ago. 

In terms of valuation, English players' numbers are inflated based on factors other than ability/potential. I doubt that many professional scouts would rate Ryan Sessegnon ahead of the Phonz today, with both players left-sided wingers who can also play LB. However, having English nationality is a major multiplier when more than half of the 20 highest revenue clubs in the world need English homegrown players.

24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I wonder who the next gem will be?

The kid from the TFC system seems promising but not Davies/David promising.

Then again, David was virtually unknown at that stage. Perhaps the next guy will be also.

By the way, was thinking of a nickname for this dynamic duo...

D squared?

1. My money is on Kamron Habibullah as the next Canadian kid to break out on a worldwide scale.

2. I refer to them as the Two Daves, myself. For example, "We're lining up in a 4-2-3-1, with Junior and the Daves supporting Cav as the lone striker."