The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Bayern signed Perisic From Inter. Generally plays on the left wing so assume would slot ahead of Davies.

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Bayern signed Perisic From Inter. Generally plays on the left wing so assume would slot ahead of Davies.

I guess a positive is that he is 30 already. Which means that may open the door for Davies again once he is 20-21. Which is better then all the rumoured young stars they were after. 

46 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

That’s a giant ****, loan him out for ***** sake.

They are not going to loan out a player they need. Loans are for players like Larin who are surplus to requirements. Davies is required, though unfortunately he is not a starter yet, but he is 18 so I can live with that. All it takes is an injury to hit Alaba or Coman and his minutes will go up drastically.

13 hours ago, Kent said:

That clip was just on SportsCentre as "Must see SC", leading to the top 10 things you must see this past week.

This kid is the best thing to happen to Canada football in just about every way possible.  What a beauty to be in front of that many world class players at 18 as a Canadian and just think "F it, I'm singing Whitney Houston for initiation".  

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

They are not going to loan out a player they need. Loans are for players like Larin who are surplus to requirements. Davies is required, though unfortunately he is not a starter yet, but he is 18 so I can live with that. All it takes is an injury to hit Alaba or Coman and his minutes will go up drastically.

I get that, but I’m more like let him play, he’s going to grow during the season, does into matter if he’s not better than perisic now ? It’s fucking Bayern lol they’ve got 10 other options.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I get that, but I’m more like let him play, he’s going to grow during the season, does into matter if he’s not better than perisic now ? It’s ******* Bayern lol they’ve got 10 other options.

Haha I am sure he will play. He had a lot of minutes in pre-season, so I don't know why you seem so irrate about his playing time.

Davies is a good player. They'll let him play because they'll need him to play.

Perisic will be a loan with an option to buy. Bayern need some veteran wing depth for this season. I don't see an issue here.

Edited by Obinna

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Haha I am sure he will play. He had a lot of minutes in pre-season, so I don't know why you seem so irrate about his playing time.

Davies is a good player. They'll let him play because they'll need him to play.

Perisic will be a loan with an option to buy. Bayern need some veteran wing depth for this season. I don't see an issue here.

I want to see him play lol, forgot they lost Robben and Ribery.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I want to see him play lol, forgot they lost Robben and Ribery.

and while Coman is a gem, he is brittle and injury prone. There was talk last year that he was depressed with his recurring injuries and was considering packing it in

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I was a little worried how a young CDN kid would fit in with the Bavarian giants, but it seems like he is doing just fine.  

yup, despite having to learn German (no easy task), and the culture he sure appears to be handling it in Phonzie style... becoming well liked by his mates. That is a major plus in his future with Bayern. He is going to soar like an eagle.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, Stryker911 said:

Fudge.....I am curious to know why Inter let their best player go. Good for Bayern though, he'll have a greater impact in the immediate term than either Sane or Bailey. 

12 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Fudge.....I am curious to know why Inter let their best player go. Good for Bayern though, he'll have a greater impact in the immediate term than either Sane or Bailey. 

He's had a major drop off in performance and was part of the whole locker room fiasco last year. He needs a change of scenery

1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

Davies on the bench for the DFB Pokal, playing FC Energie Cottbus.

Gotta love Germany, a 4th tier team with a stadium like this

Image result for Stadion der Freundschaft

Look at this crowd

Energie Cottbus were in the 1. Bundesliga not that long ago so their infrastructure should be pretty good.  Our own Kevin McKenna played there I think.  A lot of the East German sides fell on hard times after the wall came down and are still only represented in the first division today because of Red Bull (Leipzig) and newly promoted Union Berlin.

Got his first minutes of league play this year. Bayern didn't use any subs until VERY late but he was brought into a semi-attacking role (not LB) 

Or at least that's how it appears, I just missed catching him actually play.

Promising he's getting minutes this early into the season though!