The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

5 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Davies will likely get some "first team minutes" once the real season is over but I'm glad he's comfortable at Bayern II in the meantime.

Phonzie needs to take his Bayern chances, as his level is clearly much higher than that of Bayern II

Bayern II needs 1 points in their final two games to enter the promotion playoffs. So, I imagine with the Bundesliga basically locked up (and him being unlikely to play), Bayern will leave him down there, as they definitely want Bayern II promoted to the 3. Bundesliga. 

That would also be very helpful for next year, and lessen the necessity to possibly send him out on loan. If Bayern II is promoted, I would have no problem with him still splitting time next year, as long as he gets consistent minutes. 

21 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Davies will likely get some "first team minutes" once the real season is over but I'm glad he's comfortable at Bayern II in the meantime.

How did that clip at about the 1 minute mark make it in that highlight reel? He awkwardly tries to kick the ball with his left when he should use his right, and he falls out of bounds and doesn't even keep the ball in play. I don't know German, so I don't know what the caption said on that part, maybe it makes sense with the caption.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

How did that clip at about the 1 minute mark make it in that highlight reel? He awkwardly tries to kick the ball with his left when he should use his right, and he falls out of bounds and doesn't even keep the ball in play. I don't know German, so I don't know what the caption said on that part, maybe it makes sense with the caption.

I think the point of the clip was the two handed shove in the back from the opponent that caused him to fall. It seems like they were constantly fouling him as they couldn't deal with him any other way.

1 hour ago, Norrin Radd said:

I think the point of the clip was the two handed shove in the back from the opponent that caused him to fall. It seems like they were constantly fouling him as they couldn't deal with him any other way.

I somehow managed to miss the shove. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Based on what exactly? He hasn't played LB once for the first or second team as far as I know.

It was a tweet that was converted from German? 

I think he played left back for part of the game he scored in. 

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Right. He came on for Alaba but then Rafina came on and pushed Davies up. At least I believe that's how it went. Someone please feel free to correct me.

Either way, I don't think it was an indication he's being groomed to play back there, so you dont have to worry :)

On 5/22/2019 at 9:08 PM, Mikmacdo said:

Yeah some German dude named Fritz tweeted it with a soccer ball emoji and no link... must be legit.

😜 

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

The tweet from on Canucks Abroad. 

What would be so bad about him being a left back? 

Look at the impact of T.A.A and Robertson for Liverpool. 

Playing Davies at LB for Canada is like playing Mane at RB for Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Interesting comparison considering the strengths of each player and team. I can't say I follow 

Like Mane, Davies is one the top offensive weapons for his team. He has blistering pace and enormous skill and uses this combination to get past defenders, primarily on the outside. Another trait both players share is that they tend to be vertical, but the main reason I made the comparison was to illustrate that you play your top attackers close to goal, not away from it. Imagine if Liverpool played Mane as a right back and Trent Alexander-Arnold as a wide attacker! 

Edited by Obinna

9 minutes ago, kohanz said:

This rumor has been going around for a while now. I think they should go for it. Yes, it will make it more difficult for Davies to get into the team, but you want him to be at a resurgent Bayern, not a regressing Bayern. Sane would instantly make the club better and help them retain their elite status in a world where the rich keep getting richer.

Sane, Gnabry, Coman, Davies

I am okay with him being fourth on the depth chart. If they only bring in Sane and that's it on the wing, that's fine by me. Alphonso will get his minutes.