The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

This suggested that they were going to play Davies at left back given that they have brought in a left-sided defender as his replacement (with Chapman and Fraser as the replacement for Arfield & Johnson).

I would say it suggests he would have been an option. Without Davies there's nobody else to back up Adekugbe, hence the Miller call.

Edited by Obinna

21 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

He could have picked up a knock, but even if not, If it helps him solidify a spot at Bayern I am not too worried. We are playing French Guiana at home after all, and should get a result.

Again, when you play so few games and stuff like this happens (injuries, club situations), you will literally never get to see some players. Playing more (any) friendlies would give more chances to get the team together, and mitigate when a player can't make it for whatever reason.

Bolded b/c I feel strongly about this sh!t.

I'd argue that for that exact reason it hurts us even more.  We haven't announced anything for the windows to come so that means that when Davies joins the team for our continental championship he'll have gone over 7 months without playing with the national team.  That's a big deal.  Players dropping out or missing games is a big deal to our program because we don't play enough games as it is.

Wouldn't Bayern want Davies to get a start in competitive football?  Something he hasn't done since November?

Davies doesn't have a chance to start with Bayern anytime soon... why do I get the feeling that the CSA somehow pissed off Davies?  I can imagine a scenario where they hand him some PR itinerary for when he's supposed to be in Vancouver and he would rather spend time reacquainting with people.  That's probably just paranoia but we've heard crazier stories.

I hope we can get an answer either way.

Edited by Keegan

Without Davies it's a big chance for Millar and/or Tabla.

----------------------Borjan-------------------------

Godinho--Henry--Cornelius--Adekugbe

------------Hutchinson--Piette------------------

Millar--------------David-----------Hoilett

---------------------Cavallini-----------------

Still a strong side, with Larin, Osorio, Tabla providing good options from the bench.

Now the anger and disappointment has settled a little I am seeing the bright side with opportunities, as wise sage Obinna points out. It is a big one for Tabla to get some minutes and impress his club with a good performance, if not boost his morale. 

We have *touch wood* decent depth to be strong even on the bench without 3 solid players and arguable losing two of our best. 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Speculate sure, but let's leave the conspiracy side of this out of it and have a default good will position until proven otherwise.

It's likely he simply picked up a knock.   Every other indicator we have seen has been positive. 

Imagine it was the knee slide that did him in?