The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

A little mad they put on Boateng (I think they pretty much ensured the win), but Phonsie probably would have only gotten one touch anyways

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Kent said:

I'm glad I checked here before watching the recorded game to try to see him. If he gets subbed on I'll have to stop checking this thread though before his inevitable wonder goal.

About 68min in the British commentators talk for a minute about how awesome Davies is based on the MLS play they have seen. That is the highlight of the broadcast from a Davies point of view, though I didn't see the first half.

I’m sure he would have came in if Bayern had locked up the win earlier. They were shaky at 2-1 and no way Kovac brings in Davies in a situation like that. 

The only opportunity was at the very end for the last couple minutes and he decided to throw in Boateng which could be for plenty of different reasons (ie. keeping Boateng happy to get a run in). 

We’ll see him soon enough. 

Edited by cronaldo7

Disappointing but probably the right decision by Kovac. Bayern dominated the first half but were on the ropes a bit after Hoffenheim scored and were unable to control the game until they scored the 3rd goal. Would have been a difficult situation for Davies to come on as Bayern needed the win away.

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Bayern have serious problems this year. They look so vulnerable and have problems dominating.  They could turn it around but frankly I hope they don't. And none of this is related to Davies.

They totally dominated the first half but looked very porous in the 2nd half especially their 2 CBs

You mean one really cool nutmeg won’t get you an appearance in Bayern’s first game back from he break? Bayern Hates Canada!

Also... I guess Davies never should have gone to Germany. Obviously it is too high a level and should have gone to Belgium.

Also... MLS Obviously stunted his development and now he is paying for it!

Also... Davies must have a bad attitude and is doing really poorly in training.

Ok, I ran out. I am happy the kid got on the bench to be honest. First real game back and he already has a place on the bench. That is an achievement in itself. Would have been nice for him to have a run about, but that will come sometime. 

45 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

They totally dominated the first half but looked very porous in the 2nd half especially their 2 CBs

That game could have ended up tied. It went end to end, Hoffenheim was also porous but they had chances in attack, slicing through the midfield fairly easily when they started to push. You can see that this Bayern seriously needs to be remade, they are going to have to sign at centre striker, mids, wing, CBs.

46 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

You mean one really cool nutmeg won’t get you an appearance in Bayern’s first game back from he break? Bayern Hates Canada!

Also... I guess Davies never should have gone to Germany. Obviously it is too high a level and should have gone to Belgium.

Also... MLS Obviously stunted his development and now he is paying for it!

Also... Davies must have a bad attitude and is doing really poorly in training.

Ok, I ran out. I am happy the kid got on the bench to be honest. First real game back and he already has a place on the bench. That is an achievement in itself. Would have been nice for him to have a run about, but that will come sometime. 

They are saving the debut for home for marketing purposes, I thought everyone knew that!!