The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

31 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You can't just make things up on the basis of no data at all, Davies probably has a higher upside than Tabla, but as we sit, he still has yet to play a single match in Europe. How about waiting for something to actually happen before getting excited.

First, Tabla was signed less than a year ago, try to be a bit serious. 

Davies has trained with Bayern's first team, but has played no games with them, not even with the reserves. So that is objectively not as good as training AND playing.

Tabla has trained with the first team, and has played with the B when it was in Spanish 2nd division, against some teams that are powerhouses. He was called up for a Cup match last spring, did not get minutes. His teammates have been brought into the first team and have played, so he is in the group with possibilities. He may even get a bite next week in the Cup.

You have also conveniently ignored the fact that the players in front of him at Barça, as attackers playing from the side, are Messi and Dembele.

I mean, get excited about Davies (I've likely seen him more than most here) but being right in hypothetical and on paper terms is not very reliable.

I guess we agree to disagree. I know better than wasting my time arguing with you. I have better things to do with my life. 

In life you totally can make things up with no data. For instance if i look outside in the middle of the summer and i see people sweating, taking their shirts off, wearing hats and sunglasses, putting on sun lotion and i declare its fukn hot without knowing the temperature. I might be correct without knowing any data. I think a soccer forum for fun is a perfectly acceptable place to say things without data. If its not maybe i should just get off this spinning soccer ball called earth 

Edited by SpursFlu

2 hours ago, KW519 said:

https://en.onefootball.com/bayern-sporting-director-urges-caution-over-alphonso-davies/

Never had a Bayern kit before. Excited to rock the #19 this summer!

Oh right now it's like they get to urge caution and I get shit on for saying the same thing! Like if you don't throw caution to the wind you're basically a jerk. Not fair.

I'm not sure which is preferable on regards to development. However, I have no doubt when Montreal saw that Vancouver got 22 million for Davies that they wish they had held onto him for another year. It makes the rumoured 1 million they received for Tabla seem like peanuts.

There is the difference between the 2 kids (or maybe their managment) right there.  Davies kept his head down, kept playing etc, made himself more valuable and VWC got a nice fee.  Tabla was trying to force a move to europe and the impact benched him.   It probably cost the impact a couple million in transfer fees.  As far as who took the right path and who will be better in the long run, there are lots of ways to skin a cat and we wont know for sure for years to come.  

16 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Bayern's first Bundesliga match coming out of the winter break has been moved to Friday(18/01) night for TV. Might have to make a trip to the pub to watch that one.

He has plenty of time to integrate into that team.

One bad thing about Bundesliga for Phonzie is that they play less games, so less rotation. I honestly believe this is a better way overall as it allows for more players to rest and not get overworked

3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Lets hope Ribery does not become a big influence on him. The dangers of playing in a big club at an early age include a lot of potential bad influences that can sidetrack players.

https://www.rt.com/sport/448141-franck-ribery-twitter-rant-steak/?fbclid=IwAR1n2LzsRuvUwJRVqjV_9OIKJj9l7cbXjq18cAir1WzJj0kckSKdPu65NgU

Saw that story earlier today. 

Yes Ribery's actions are not very becoming, but I do sympathize with him to be honest. And he has a good point, these faux-journos want to depict him as a villain, only focusing on the "negative" and never the positive. I put negative in quotation because, is it really that bad if Ribery wants to treat himself to a $1,000 dollar steak? Live and let live, right?

I'm sure there's two sides to the story and, of course, I am taking Frank at face value with it all, but either way, Phonzy has a special character about him, so I am not concerned he'll ever stoop to that level. I can never imagine him verbally belittling someone online, regardless of whether they are in the wrong or not. He was not raised to do that, by all accounts. 

Report: Bayern Munich taking special measures to integrate Alphonso Davies ASAP
The club is hell-bent on preventing the Renato Sanches fiasco from repeating itself.
https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...-davies-transfer-david-alaba-champions-league

Special measures:
  • The youngster was allowed to join the team when they flew to Amsterdam for the Champions League in mid-December. At the Munich airport, club President Uli Hoeness took him aside and spoke to him personally in front of the gate.
  • He has regular German lessons built into his weekly schedule by team manager Kathleen Kruger.
  • After home games, Davies is always allowed into the team’s dressing room to interact with the rest of the team.
  • On his first day in Munich, the Canadian wanted to watch the club’s basketball players at the Audi Dome. He was taken to the the EuroLeague game against Olympiakos Piraeus by his agent Nick Househ and club-appointed personal assistant Johannes Mösmang.
  • After visiting Bayern’s US tour in July, Davies made contact with Mats Hummels. The defender was also the one who took him to the Christmas party at the Palais Lenbach.
  • The youngster is said to get along really well with Bayern left back David Alaba.
  • Franck Ribery, whom Davies is touted to succeed someday, greeted him warmly in the dressing room and put his arm around the youngster.
Edited by Ansem