The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

5 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Everyone knew there time at Bayern was coming to a close. I just want Davies to be better than this Gnabry chap

Interesting article about succession planning for Ribery and Robben at Bayern with Gnabry but it can to AD as well.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2018/8/8/17659478/serge-gnabry-bayern-munich-most-important-player-ribery-coman-thomas-muller-niko-kovac-robben

OK, a non-trolling question:

Is Davies an anomaly/generational talent or is he the expected norm for future crops of Canadian players? I'm just wondering if Davies is more like Salah of Egypt or Mkhitaryan of Armenia (once in a lifetime standouts for otherwise mediocre NT's) or is he one of many future prospects for the next generation?

14 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

OK, a non-trolling question:

Is Davies an anomaly/generational talent or is he the expected norm for future crops of Canadian players? I'm just wondering if Davies is more like Salah of Egypt or Mkhitaryan of Armenia (once in a lifetime standouts for otherwise mediocre NT's) or is he one of many future prospects for the next generation?

xc7xv.jpg

But in all seriousness, it is still way too early to tell. Ideally, the likes of Tabla, Millar, Busti, David, ZBJ, etc. go on to play at strong levels, but there is no way of accurately predicting where they will be in their prime. And we also must note that if we "expect" players to become stars who play for world-class teams like Bayern, we will only be weighing them down. 

22 hours ago, SirBobsaget said:

Jonathan David has a good intellect. Not sure if the video is edited in a certain way but this 18 yo has more logical sense than the head coach. Which is at the same time promising for the future of the CMNT and scary for the present.

John Herdman being able to figure out logic problems has no bearing on how good of a coach he is or will be for us. Being a good soccer player or manager does not necessarily require you to be insanely book smart it requires a good intelligence of the game.

There's always a winter break in Bundesliga, they wont be playing from end of December till end of January. Davies will get some extra time to prepare and get used to his teammates. I'd expect to see him subbed in for the first few games when they're back, maybe even a start in the Pokal cup come February, if things go well.

46 minutes ago, Shakmur said:

There's always a winter break in Bundesliga, they wont be playing from end of December till end of January. Davies will get some extra time to prepare and get used to his teammates. I'd expect to see him subbed in for the first few games when they're back, maybe even a start in the Pokal cup come February, if things go well.

I was looking at fixtures and they are back in a league game Jan 18th, so it's really just a two week break after Xmas. 

I think they winter train in Doha as they have the Qatar sponsorship deal.

6 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Imagine you're an 18-year-old footballing phenom and you're looking forward to your first Champions League experience, and you find out it's going to be at Anfield...living the f**king dream!

Imagine the 1% chance Millar goes absolutely off in the youth leagues, he gets called up to their squad and both get subbed on to face each other......I'd go off if this happened