Jump to content

The Importance of Alphonso Davies


jpg75
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I get what you’re saying, but this isn’t 2007 anymore. Social Media and what you post is apart of the job description of being a World Class athlete. There’s no way you can chalk this up to fans being irrational, it’s just not something you post before a big game, no matter the context. He’s young, and I’m glad he will take it as a learning point. 
 

game time in 2 hours, just a little event to take our minds off it a bit haha

Totally get what you're saying brother. I wasn't just being sarcastic when I said it's a lesson learned for him, I really meant that part.

I guess in the context of what is going on with the USMNT, it's harsh to say the fear was irrational. At the same time, it didn't take long to prove it was much ado about nothing, so hopefully that was a lesson for all of us not to jump to conclusions.

Yah, game time approaching quickly. Really got to get some more work done so the day wasn't a total write off. 

Enjoy the match everyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Totally get what you're saying brother. I wasn't just being sarcastic when I said it's a lesson learned for him, I really meant that part.

I guess in the context of what is going on with the USMNT, it's harsh to say the fear was irrational. At the same time, it didn't take long to prove it was much ado about nothing, so hopefully that was a lesson for all of us not to jump to conclusions.

Yah, game time approaching quickly. Really got to get some more work done so the day wasn't a total write off. 

Enjoy the match everyone!

100% agree mate!!

20ish minutes and we can speculate over the formation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, damaaster said:

Seems odd that Herdman would send him back to Bayern and not let him stay with the team and watch/support

 

Seems way more likely Bayern wanted him back ...but who knows

I’m sure Bayern wanted him back ASAP. It just sounds like the CSA put up no fight and went along with Bayern

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

I guess we can classify Davies’ injury as “minor”

 

Translation of first post now: Bayern insisted I came back early, I wanted to stay and was disappointed that the National team complied with their demands. 
 

Translation of second post: don’t translate the first post please. 
 

😏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I know we can't take any teams lightly but I am semi okay will Davies going back with the squad we have at this point.  We just need to call more people.

If it gives people a rest, maintains decent relations with clubs and does not put players between club and country.

Easy to say after a win!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Easy to say after a win!

In my lineup for the last game had him and other players sitting before he was confirmed out.  Ie. Before the win. 

We have to be good enough to win some games with players out, for a myriad of reasons. We showed we can compete in those situations at the Gold Cup. 

We are in this for the long haul.  We are only (a relatively easy) 21% of the way there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

FWIW, the whole OneSoccer crew interpreted it exactly the same way most of us did and discussed it at length during the pregame (and that it was a bad idea and bad timing). 

It was an opportunity for them to create a story. They are in the entertainment business. They were always going to jump all over it.

Drama sells.

At the same time, we all acknowledge it was not a bright idea to post something cryptic before a big match (because people have a tendancy to overreact). Lesson learned for Davies.

Edit: Lesson learned for Davies, and massive exposure for him and Canadian Soccer in the meantime, right? 

Edited by Obinna
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2021 at 4:11 PM, VanMetropole said:

😬

So at the risk of beating a dead horse (is it fully dead though...?), here's my take: A former (mutual?) teammate of said group of inside jokers, voiced (or by any other means of communication) something along these lines as some sort of farewell and Phonzy lossed his shit one way or another. Now, though I'm sure there's a sleuth out there sleuthy enough to dig this up,  I'm in no way suggesting such sleuthing be carried out...nor am I suggesting I would be opposed to such sleuthery. south park beat a dead horse GIF 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

So at the risk of beating a dead horse (is it fully dead though...?), here's my take: A former (mutual?) teammate of said group of inside jokers, voiced (or by any other means of communication) something along these lines as some sort of farewell and Phonzy lossed his shit one way or another. Now, though I'm sure there's a sleuth out there sleuthy enough to dig this up,  I'm in no way suggesting such sleuthing be carried out...nor am I suggesting I would be opposed to such sleuthery. south park beat a dead horse GIF 

Cmon guys we are better than this!....let's get behind our team and our best player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Cmon guys we are better than this!....let's get behind our team and our best player.

Absolutely behind him 💯. Simply a take...perhaps a result of my mild obsession with the guy and not-so-veiled desire to know everything about him🤪 Oh, and by "lost his shit" I'm implying he may have found it extremely funny (or not)...hence the inside joking. And for him to take it down and full-on apologize shows maturity way beyond his years/stardom. This kid is a gem in the purest sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to Bild he's playing this Saturday, starting in fact. 

We did a little favour to Bayern, we still killed it, he recovered properly from whatever it was, and everyone's happy. Extraordinary that we are on 5 points with arguably our best player having played less than 2 of 3 games.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...