The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Another thing: in a home and away that does not happen, it was the worst result in the history of the club in Europe. We have screwed up notoriously in knockout rounds, and really stupidly, and with Messi on the pitch, but not with that kind of result.

I'd be surprised if Bayern got a result at Camp Nou this fall.

As a Barca socio, which did you find more humiliating: Roma, Anfield, or Bayern 8-2?

6 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

As a Barca socio, which did you find more humiliating: Roma, Anfield, or Bayern 8-2?

Is that all the choices? 

Even Guardiola, with CL wins and sextuples, couldn't win away in Europe. 

The Bayern result is not as important because we were in a mess. Even Liverpool, I was at the 1st leg and all the older socios we were all saying we'd played badly, terribly. Salah was the best on the pitch. 

Still, Barça - Ajax would've been a more quality final. 

So Roma, think it was that long-distance Florenzi bomb. 

But there's more. Barça has to play well in all competitions to win any of them. 

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Is that all the choices? 

Even Guardiola, with CL wins and sextuples, couldn't win away in Europe. 

The Bayern result is not as important because we were in a mess. Even Liverpool, I was at the 1st leg and all the older socios we were all saying we'd played badly, terribly. Salah was the best on the pitch. 

Still, Barça - Ajax would've been a more quality final. 

So Roma, think it was that long-distance Florenzi bomb. 

But there's more. Barça has to play well in all competitions to win any of them. 

The 3-nil result at the Nou Camp was one of the stranger games of football I've seen. We played well, and were probably the better side over 90 minutes, yet lost by a big score line. Messi and Suarez were undoubtedly good on the night, though. 

My heart skipped a beat when I tuned in part way through the first half. I heard the commentator say "Davies" as there was a #19 in red on the substitution board.

Luckily (for us) it was a Hertha player that was injured.

Hopefully on  a plane to Toronto right now. 

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Good news? I know a Bayern account said he had an MRI but not sure how accurate that is.

watching him walk to the tunnel last night he was moving slow but didn’t have a noticeable limp or anything.

That's old. He's had an MRI and we will likely know in the morning.

10 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Good news? I know a Bayern account said he had an MRI but not sure how accurate that is.

watching him walk to the tunnel last night he was moving slow but didn’t have a noticeable limp or anything.

That is great news as he was slow coming off the field in Nashville Sunday night. These 3 game breaks will present challenges likes this, so hopefully by Wednesday he will be good to go in some form. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Is there a source for that aside from the Bayern fan account? 

Not that I’ve seen, but on the Bayern sub they all seem to be planning going forward without Davies so it must be a decent source. Now that you mention it though, I wonder where they got that from…