The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

46 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Each generation that comes along keeps thinking that putting highlights to music makes them more meaningful eh? I thought this fad would die out with the net's early adopters getting older, but apparently it never gets old.

I want someone to edit that video by putting in the fart solo from that "Uncle F***er" song from the South Park movie on loop for 2 minutes. I think it could be amazing.

58 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Each generation that comes along keeps thinking that putting highlights to music makes them more meaningful eh? I thought this fad would die out with the net's early adopters getting older, but apparently it never gets old.

I think if you choose the music right, you can pick a beat that sort of matches the player's rhythm. In most cases though, yeah, they'll pick something loud and distracting.

7 hours ago, gigi riva said:

I didnt see the game but from the sounds of it looks like he had a bad start but according to FOTMOB he  was POM  and had a rating of 8.4

I read a full report in one of the Spanish sport dailies and they gave POM to the rival keeper. Full pick of Phonzie to head up the article. 

Ps: why is it Phonzie and not Phonsie? 

10 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

It’s also a way of circumventing rights-holders from finding the clips.

Davies starts at LB against Dortmund in the Super Cup today at 3:30 ADT (2:30 ET) on SN1.

Interesting note: Sane replaced by Coman from Friday's squad. Same formation 4-2-3-1 so bound to be plenty of offensive opportunities especially considering Hummels not in lineup for Dortmund, but at the same time for Bayern with Sule starting I expect Haaland to punish them through the middle given the limited time this new back 4 have had together to build chemistry. 

49 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Davies starts at LB against Dortmund in the Super Cup today at 3:30 ADT (2:30 ET) on SN1.

Interesting note: Sane replaced by Coman from Friday's squad. Same formation 4-2-3-1 so bound to be plenty of offensive opportunities especially considering Hummels not in lineup for Dortmund, but at the same time for Bayern with Sule starting I expect Haaland to punish them through the middle given the limited time this new back 4 have had together to build chemistry. 

Thanks for this.  Had no idea it was on.  

Much appreciated 

5 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Davies just set up Muller to make it 2-0 50th minute

Great run to set up the goal   

So far this game he has controlled Bellingham and Moukoko when he has come up against them and has made a couple of crazy sprints to close down a threatening play.  

He hasn’t been perfect (a few misplayed balls going forward) but Dortmund are an extremely good team so they are going to pressure you and get chances.  Overall Davies has played well.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

Watched it all. He was sloppy but so was the entire team. They just slapped their way through. Then got a gift for the 3rd.He even missed obvious stuff like sending throw ins directly to rivals. Then electric going forward. 

I prefer him as far from our goal as need be, let him attack. And keep him far from our back line, unless coming to help. 

35 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Watched it all. He was sloppy but so was the entire team. They just slapped their way through. Then got a gift for the 3rd.He even missed obvious stuff like sending throw ins directly to rivals. Then electric going forward. 

I prefer him as far from our goal as need be, let him attack. And keep him far from our back line, unless coming to help. 

Agree - a sloppy game from both sides, but in the end Bayern was less sloppy.  And also agree that Davies on the front foot is a world class weapon - even Bayern, who have resisted putting him up front because they covet his recovery speed so much, are considering moving him forward because Sane, Gnabry and Coman (who are world class wingers in their own right) have just not been good enough so far this year.