The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

12 hours ago, An Observer said:

I think the days of trying to require athletes to focus 100% on the job 24/7 are done. 

There may never have been those days. Soccer players used to spend more of their time drinking and also smoke a lot in the past. Currently is probably when their time and health are managed the most, but I agree they can not spend 100% of their time on soccer.

I have admitted I stand corrected and have thanked those who were kind enough to explain. 

I still think you have to be fully focused on the task at hand before an important match. I'm old fashioned, but why should it matter? Plenty of teams isolate before major matches, and enforce rules of silence as well in the lead up. 

BTW, there are more posts here proving what a total fool I am than on the game thread for the gold medal match. So I am old fashioned and a boomer, and 90% of Voyageurs are totally sexist and indifferent to any details regarding the women's game. Agreed. 

(I was a coach in the first women's soccer leagues in Vancouver, in 1978. The person who asked me in is the person those leagues are still named after: http://www.millarsleague.com/league_info.asp

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I have admitted I stand corrected and have thanked those who were kind enough to explain. 

I still think you have to be fully focused on the task at hand before an important match. I'm old fashioned, but why should it matter? Plenty of teams isolate before major matches, and enforce rules of silence as well in the lead up. 

BTW, there are more posts here proving what a total fool I am than on the game thread for the gold medal match. So I am old fashioned and a boomer, and 90% of Voyageurs are totally sexist and indifferent to any details regarding the women's game. Agreed. 

(I was a coach in the first women's soccer leagues in Vancouver, in 1978. The person who asked me in is the person those leagues are still named after: http://www.millarsleague.com/league_info.asp

Actually, I think the only conclusion that can be drawn given the number of off-topic posts is that Alphonso Davies is no longer important. 

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well you are not the manager, so unless Bev says no social media, then whatever.

There are a bunch of posts here because what you said was really silly, and completely misinformed. It was an illogical take and you did zero research. Frankly, you're becoming an easy target at this point, but I get the feeling you like the attention so everyone is winning here.

Ah I see you pulling the sexism card, just like John Herdman. Or is this some subtle irony that I missed, which is my problem? In any case, since your experience is in coaching women's soccer I guess I can disregard your comments on our men's team.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I still think you have to be fully focused on the task at hand before an important match.

I can never understand what this means. What does "focusing" mean? They do that during training and when they're in the locker room during game day, no?

Soccer players train on average about 4-5 hours a day. That's a lot of free time. What should they be "focusing" on during their free time to the point that they can't even make a 1 sentence comment to a loved ones Instagram post days before a match?...

Just now, Colliedor said:

I can never understand what this means. What does "focusing" mean? They do that during training and when they're in the locker room during game day, no?

Soccer players train on average about 4-5 hours a day. That's a lot of free time. What should they be "focusing" on during their free time to the point that they can't even make a 1 sentence comment to a loved ones Instagram post days before a match?...

Keep it up guys (because it is all guys), do everything possible to not think about the women's gold medal match tomorrow. Avoid it like the plague, don't think about it. Minimise it. Reduce it to what is reallly is for you

This stupid conversation is all because I say Jordyn Huitema should be 100% focussed on the task at hand, and a bunch of totally machista MNT fans, far worse than the Mexicans with their puto chant, just keep hitting away at how dumb my remarks were. Because you are never going to support the women, you won't think twice about it, it reallly does not matter at all to you. After all, women, women's soccer, that is not serious as you all know.

27 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Keep it up guys (because it is all guys), do everything possible to not think about the women's gold medal match tomorrow. Avoid it like the plague, don't think about it. Minimise it. Reduce it to what is reallly is for you

This stupid conversation is all because I say Jordyn Huitema should be 100% focussed on the task at hand, and a bunch of totally machista MNT fans, far worse than the Mexicans with their puto chant, just keep hitting away at how dumb my remarks were. Because you are never going to support the women, you won't think twice about it, it reallly does not matter at all to you. After all, women, women's soccer, that is not serious as you all know.

Dude, give it a rest.

25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Couldn't answer what she's supposed to "focus" on because you clearly don't know, then throws random sexist card around. Eh, not gonna bother with this anymore.

Forum defends a girls actions = sexist. Huh...

30 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You don’t take being wrong well, do you?

HAHA, and I thought the CPL attendance thread was bad.  So UT is going to turn it around and say the rest of us are "machista MNT fans, this is worse than the puto chant", when we are saying leave her alone she can take 15min and check her social media and not lose focus on the game.  CLASSIC SWITCHERO!!  Gaslighting at its finest.  

Hell, didnt the Redsox catch shit for drinking beer, eating fried chicken and playing video games in the locker room during games a few years ago??  

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You and I have had some debates, and I have learned to turn the page afterwords because you do still make good contributions.  

But this is a seriously dumb post.  First you think most here place little value on the Gold Cup.  Now (again speaking on behalf of everyone) you are claiming that we don’t care about the CWNT playing for gold.  

At some point, you need to learn to accept the fact that you are not going to be correct 100% of the time.  It has taken my 15 year old quite a while but he is slowly figuring it out.  I hope you do as well.  

5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

HAHA, and I thought the CPL attendance thread was bad.  So UT is going to turn it around and say the rest of us are "machista MNT fans, this is worse than the puto chant", when we are saying leave her alone she can take 15min and check her social media and not lose focus on the game.  CLASSIC SWITCHERO!!  Gaslighting at its finest.  

Hell, didnt the Redsox catch shit for drinking beer, eating fried chicken and playing video games in the locker room during games a few years ago??  

1AA1A1FF-F023-4D7E-89F7-77963AED9BB5.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Been posting on this forum for a while, was creeping under a different alias for a little longer then that. I’ve always seen you as a good, knowledgeable poster who’s high on the “seniority” list as you’ve been posting here for probably decades. But lately, your posts have been off the rocker. You got something going on in life man? It seems as though every topic you’ve got some outlandish comments to make and it leads to you getting dunked on by the entire user base. Maybe it’s time to take a step away man, clear the brain. It’s not that deep