The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

31 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Looks like Davies might be in midfield judging by the personnel. 

Definitely not. I'll assume that they play with Gnarby, Sane, Coman, Lewandowski as the front four. Kimmich and Alaba "the utilitiy man" will play the holding mids. The back four will consist of Pavard and Davies as the fullbacks, and Sule and Hernandez as the CBs.

I've seen Hernandez deployed as the LCB several times. Although Alaba has played there, he's played everywhere and Im sure he'll play in the midfield.

Edited by Shway

1 minute ago, Nate3322 said:

Blocking the goal keepers field of view maybe? or maybe he touched it? definitely weird though. 

He def didn’t touch it (at least from what I saw) and wasn’t blocking the field of view (again based on replays). The only thing I can think of is that his presence may have forced the keeper to account for him but that can almost always be the case yet those goals are usually allowed to stand.  

It’s like they are using the old interpretation of offsides...

28 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

He def didn’t touch it (at least from what I saw) and wasn’t blocking the field of view (again based on replays). The only thing I can think of is that his presence may have forced the keeper to account for him but that can almost always be the case yet those goals are usually allowed to stand.  

It’s like they are using the old interpretation of offsides...

That's 100% offside. The keeper doesn't know if he's onside and going to take a touch. 

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That's 100% offside. The keeper doesn't know if he's onside and going to take a touch. 

There are 3 reason you can be called for offside:

1. Being involved in active play (usually touching the ball)  NO

2. Interfering with an opponent (e.g. blocking the keepers view) YES

3. Taking advantage of your position (very specific definition) NO

9 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

There are 3 reason you can be called for offside:

1. Being involved in active play (usually touching the ball)  NO

2. Interfering with an opponent (e.g. blocking the keepers view) YES

3. Taking advantage of your position (very specific definition) NO

He 100% was not blocking the keeper’s view.  

52 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Why in the world is this not on the main TSN networks.

There is no "main" TSN network any more. 

It was on 4 and 5, which are the default TSN channels for everyone in Ontario and eastward. I suspect most people get TSN 1,3,4 & 5 these days, with TSN 2 the only true national channel.

A "full" network broadcast nowadays is when the same thing is being shown on 1,3,4 & 5. Anything else is a regional broadcast.

Another trophy for Davies, got to love it!

lol and Kimmich, Gignac and Lewandoski all took off their masks when it came time to getting pictures with their individual awards. Thought that was pretty interesting/funny.

And the whole bayern team for their celebration hahhaha

Edited by Obinna