jpg75

The Importance of Alphonso Davies

I was hoping Davies would make more impact on the wing today.  With that said, Hernandez wasn’t helping matters going forward and I really think should be playing CB.  I much prefer Davies at LB combining with Coman, Gnabry or Sane (when any/all are healthy).

14 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Davies makes this Guardian columnists “World XI”

https://t.co/5s73E7jgHW

Interesting pick for World Xl manager in Bielsa.  I starting following Lille the year they hired him and he was an unmitigated disaster.  He pretty well turned over the team completely and blew the transfer budget on three Brazilians.  Mendes turned out pretty good, albeit after Bielsa left.  Arujo showed and is showing flashes and the less said about Maia, who probably was expected to have the most upside, the better.  

Just now, Snowcrash said:

Interesting pick for World Xl manager in Bielsa.  I starting following Lille the year they hired him and he was an unmitigated disaster.  He pretty well turned over the team completely and blew the transfer budget on three Brazilians.  Mendes turned out pretty good, albeit after Bielsa left.  Arujo showed and is showing flashes and the less said about Maia, who probably was expected to have the most upside, the better.  

Somewhat in Bielsa's defense, the back 4 was a shambles and Maignan, who's in the French pool now, was giving up whoppers every other game.  

Bayern vs some very low level club in the DFB Cup is live on youtube. Just youtube search 'DFB Cup'. Link provided in Canadians Abroad thread (sorry for the dup).

Edited by Ed_S

On 9/23/2020 at 9:24 PM, Watchmen said:

When it comes to the Lou Marsh award, nothing is 100%.

Which is true.  Right now, Chase Claypool is having an outstanding start to his rookie NFL season in Pittsburgh.  If he keeps this up, he's in the running big time, perhaps more so if he was a GTA guy instead of a Fraser Valley one,  but still a serious contender.