The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

17 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

Full credit to the ref as I just now noticed that she was a female!

She is considered one of the best refs in Germany. However, she announced her retirement before the game:

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2020/9/30/21495372/female-referee-bibiana-steinhaus-announces-retirement-dfl-supercup-bayern-munich-borussia-dortmund

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

He already proved how efficient he is for Canada at that position when he terrorized, exhausted and made a mockery of the USMNT defense when he played there. They were terrified of his speed and being caught by the counter while just not being able to keep up with him.

I was streaming the return game on Fox and even the announcers said that Canada gave a MASSIVE gift to the US by playing him LB. Their mid and forwards pressed us much harder and we caved early. We have enough talented fullbacks to play him there and overload any CONCACAF midfield (save Mexico) with skills and speed.

I was being cynical...guess that went over your head. 

The annoying thing for me is to see him promoted as the best LB, and then OneSoccer shows highlights from they BmO game against the US where he was playing RW.