The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

6 minutes ago, fookisan said:

Alaba is not starting either 

strange 

Apparently Alaba out due to “muscular problems”. Still questioning the Davies bench. Bayern twitter responses are a mix of jokes about making to many videos with his girlfriend, while other suggesting he’s playing back up to Sane with Coman out. 

3 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Apparently Alaba out due to “muscular problems”. Still questioning the Davies bench. Bayern twitter responses are a mix of jokes about making to many videos with his girlfriend, while other suggesting he’s playing back up to Sane with Coman out. 

Why not just start him and shift him up if Sane needs to be subbed out?

12 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Maybe Hernandez was killing it in training. Plus, it's not like he's a scrub lol. Competition at a club like Bayern is always going to be tough.

I’m thinking they are just getting him going early and resting Davies for the more important match next week against Sevilla. If Hernandez starts that Super Cup match then you may be on to something. I am expecting Davies to start though.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I’m thinking they are just getting him going early and resting Davies for the more important match next week against Sevilla. If Hernandez starts that Super Cup match then you may be on to something. I am expecting Davies to start though.

Same. I'm just saying they are probably comfortable with either Davies or Hernandez, as both are capable!

Here was the reason

According to Flick, Davies “had problems in the last two training sessions” and thus wasn’t deemed fit to play. Since Bayern went into the half-time break with a comfortable 4-0 lead, the Canadian sat on the bench throughout the match and was given extra time to regain full fitness for the Supercup. “He got the green light from the medical department for 45 minutes. We didn’t want to take any risk, however, and now have a little time for Thursday,” Flick said in his post-game interview.

12 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Bit off topic, but what happened when Jason De Vos came on here. I've seen it mentioned so many times but never seen an explanation.

I remember giving him crap for pumping Hagglund's and Mark Bloom's tires while being over-critical of Henry while commentating for TFC.  Not sure if that factored in to things.

8 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

No Davies in the photo, short mention in the article, name mispelled.  Just in case you were wondering on the sort of uphill battle he's still facing for the Lou Marsh award this year.

That rag has no relevance and never will. It'll 100% be Davies unless the Nuggets win in game 7 of the final off a Finals MVP performance by Murray capped off by him hitting a Kawhi-esque 3 at the buzzer.

Edited by sebdeserio