The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

It seems to be pretty popular in London, based on my impression from living there for a few years.

Its one of the more successful fashion chains on the high street globally. Unless you are going high end, I am curious to understand what is significantly better. 

4 hours ago, An Observer said:

Its one of the more successful fashion chains on the high street globally. Unless you are going high end, I am curious to understand what is significantly better. 

It's cut badly, and low quality. Especially for men. I can understand it for young women as the cost is low and then throw out the garmet after a few months.

Look, I have worked with companies designing externally for Zara brands, providing patterning proposals that Zara then chooses from (they outsource a lot of their design), I have seen how it works. For me, the process is very sophisticated, but the results are low end.

If you're dressing like Alphonso, which is basically urban streetwear, then go to one of the many great small streetwear designers in Paris, amongst the highest quality anywhere, and you find unique pieces at reasonable prices and are taken care of by the creators themselves. 

But what do we expect: Alphonso is a great player, he plays social media brilliantly, but some assinine video of them shopping is more important than making a statement about quality fashion.

Edit: have to add this. Why give this totally unnecessary promotion to Zara, whose owner is one of the top 10 wealthiest men in the world, what is that worth to them? And his divorced wife one of the wealthiest women. And his daughter is in there too. It's pathetic, think of it, when you can use your name to help someone who really needs it and can make a difference.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's cut badly, and low quality. Especially for men. I can understand it for young women as the cost is low and then throw out the garmet after a few months.

Look, I have worked with companies designing externally for Zara brands, providing patterning proposals that Zara then chooses from (they outsource a lot of their design), I have seen how it works. For me, the process is very sophisticated, but the results are low end.

If you're dressing like Alphonso, which is basically urban streetwear, then go to one of the many great small streetwear designers in Paris, amongst the highest quality anywhere, and you find unique pieces at reasonable prices and are taken care of by the creators themselves. 

But what do we expect: Alphonso is a great player, he plays social media brilliantly, but some assinine video of them shopping is more important than making a statement about quality fashion.

Edit: have to add this. Why give this totally unnecessary promotion to Zara, whose owner is one of the top 10 wealthiest men in the world, what is that worth to them? And his divorced wife one of the wealthiest women. And his daughter is in there too. It's pathetic, think of it, when you can use your name to help someone who really needs it and can make a difference.

You get what you pay for.  Zara is inexpensive fashion for the masses. I have bought stuff there that has lasted years and stuff that hasn’t.  All the people I know in fashion - even the ones in the high end - have a respect for Zara and what they have achieved by making fashion available to the masses at affordable prices of decent quality. 

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

30D84539-2F14-46DB-8DEE-E100B88F7C6F.png

It should read.. Man yells at cloud

I'm not really following along on this cuz its way boring. But if someone's opinion is he doesn't care about Phonzie shopping with his girlfriend. Its absolutely the right answer for anyone over the age of 25

Go have fun Phonzie, I'll check back in when your playing football

Edited by SpursFlu

15 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Among the final 40 for Golden Boy award.. and honestly when you look at the competition, he is definitely the front runner.

I think the general consensus is between Sancho, Haaland and Davies. On many a twitter feed Davies is favoured widely.

Some of the other finalists make you wonder, you have to wonder why any reasonably good player at Man Utd always gets favoured. 

I personally think we are missing some real talents on that list, like the Swede Alexander Isak at Real Sociedad: mark my words, he's a super talent, but he's just on too modest a team to get noticed. 

12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think the general consensus is between Sancho, Haaland and Davies. On many a twitter feed Davies is favoured widely.

Some of the other finalists make you wonder, you have to wonder why any reasonably good player at Man Utd always gets favoured. 

I personally think we are missing some real talents on that list, like the Swede Alexander Isak at Real Sociedad: mark my words, he's a super talent, but he's just on too modest a team to get noticed. 

Alexander Isak is too old to be nominated.

5 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought David's transfer fee was reported as 30 millions euros. Shouldn't that place him at #4? In his case that would be actual transfer paid rather than an estimate.

Transfer Markt is a valuation and does not directly translate to transfer fees.  If that was the case Davies would be far less.

Most players are actually transferred for less than their valuation.  In this case, Transfer Markt vlauation is less than what Gent were able to sell David for.

For example - Leroy Sane was bought by Munich from Man City for $50 million but his market valuation according to Transfer Markt is $88 million.

Edited by Corazon

8 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yes, so too old. Thanks for coming out genius.

When is the cut off though? This award is for the season that ended already right? And I believe it’s an under 21 award. I haven’t been able to find the age cut off point. Honestly asking, I don’t know these answers.

52 minutes ago, Kent said:

When is the cut off though? This award is for the season that ended already right? And I believe it’s an under 21 award. I haven’t been able to find the age cut off point. Honestly asking, I don’t know these answers.

It’s for players born in 2000 or younger this year. So essentially what we know as u20. 

It just dawned on me how much gold these two guys are. We have 2 Gold Cup Golden boot winners that are up for the golden boy award, and one of them was also (if I am not mistaken, it’s too hilarious for me to be able to believe) called the golden c*ck for winning the golden boot in Belgium.

Well, you'll get to watch Davies on tv again this year: 

Though unknown (at the time of posting) if it will be just on Sportsnet World or regular Sportsnet as well.  I thought it was a real missed opportunity by Sportsnet last year not to just shift it to their regular channels after the loss of the EPL (they eventually did during the return to play late in the season).