The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Actually maybe mid-March he was boasting that he and his entire family had probably gotten the virus, and had survived, when maybe have had a conventional flu. He was using it as a status symbol, typical BC stuff. Lacking anything exciting going on in your life, you just contrive I-am-special narratives. 

Some people want to turn the current disaster into an opportunity to prove they really pertain to a new superrace of viral-resistant illuminati. I can't wait to hear from local vegans how their diet made them especially immune, the meditators and mindfulness gurus, all lifestyle-splaining their way into that special class of humans Covid-19 was never going to touch, and all to their own credit. 

Lol.. ok buddy. In the words of Bill Burr I'll just take a knee and let the clock run down 

Enjoy the football 

10 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Lol.. ok buddy. In the words of Bill Burr I'll just take a knee and let the clock run down 

Enjoy the football 

Illuminati....Cruise Ships....you know Bill Burr is going to work Covid-19 into that. 

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

One of 3 male Canadians featured

Of course Alphonso definitely deserves to be there, not only because he plays on one of the most elite clubs in all of Europe, Bayern Munich, but also because of the talent he already possesses making a name for himself out there in Germany playing alongside world class players.

So Bundesliga is meant to start up next weekend, both 1 and 2, and now all of Dynamo Dresden has been put in quarantine. Two players tested positive and they've recently all been training together, so there you go. So they can't play, and that just shows the difficulty of doing this: all you need is one player on a team sharing a dressing room to come down, that removes that sides fixtures for two weeks, possibly the rival team played against as well. So cancelled matches in an already tight schedule because managing this properly is not that easy.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/german-football-restart-dilemma-dresden-squad-quarantine/1slurqcoei1t01nnpb0fi1y6t7

I happened to see Dynamo in a late August fixture in blistering heat, in their stadium, mediocre team with a great venue and superb fans, was one of my best experiences in a stadium. I was there as I have a niece in the city, and it has barely been affected by the virus. So if it is happening there, in an unlikely spot, on a side that probably would have the least exposure amongst German pro teams, let's not be surprised if we see more of this shredding the Bundesliga schedules to pieces as it occurs elsewhere. 

Really hope all goes well for the Bundesliga re-opening...

If they can prove to the world they have a proper system in place to mitigate the risk of this novel coronavirus, being brave and being first will have been a masterstroke.

Not just on the public health side of things, but what I mean is from a sporting perspective. All eyes will be on them!

I was already gravitating away from English football and towards German football. Now that they will be the only show in town, i'll be doubling down. 

The other big leagues will have some catching up to do...   

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

If they can prove to the world they have a proper system in place to mitigate the risk of this novel coronavirus, being brave and being first will have been a masterstroke.

Not just on the public health side of things, but what I mean is from a sporting perspective. All eyes will be on them!

I was already gravitating away from English football and towards German football. Now that they will be the only show in town, i'll be doubling down. 

Yes, same. I know there are a fair share of people who want this to fail. I hope they've built in enough contingency plans for if small breakouts happen. If a team could isolate for 2 weeks but the league could keep going. 

1 hour ago, Yoginess said:

Yes, same. I know there are a fair share of people who want this to fail. I hope they've built in enough contingency plans for if small breakouts happen. If a team could isolate for 2 weeks but the league could keep going. 

My understanding is that players will be isolated and not teams. Players will be regularly checked, before games, training, etc, and that should be enough to prevent a situation where a whole team is forced to miss out.

This could also open up chances for reserve team players to play more often with first teams. It will be more critical to have a big squad.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Cant agree with this more. The world needs this to work. Sport has the power to lift people out of times of turmoil. A successful launch will expedite a return to a life of normalcy.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

My understanding is that players will be isolated and not teams. Players will be regularly checked, before games, training, etc, and that should be enough to prevent a situation where a whole team is forced to miss out.

This could also open up chances for reserve team players to play more often with first teams. It will be more critical to have a big squad.

I think that's what they would like to do but on the Gegenpressing Podcast they mentioned this is how the DFL would like to handle things but in Germany, a ton of powers are in the hands of states and local governments. Dresden was put into 2 week quarantine because that's what the health authorities in the region suggested. 

I really hope they continue to just roll with the punches on this one and keep it moving forward, even if some teams need to sit out or miss key players.

28 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Canada Nike jerseys you obviously have to order them online and have it personally delivered to you because you obviously are not going to have access to it in a store because of COVID-19 and everything that's going on in the world right now but Canada jerseys anyway probably won't be on sale at least until Gold Cup time if that

Just checked Nike site, could not find Canada kit anywhere.