The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Your statement is arrogant and ignorant. Imagine leveraging the guilt of murder on to someone else with no basis of fact just in order to try and elevate yourself on to some make believe moral high ground. Pathetic 

If you think I'm trying to stand on some moral high ground then that's your problem, cause clearly I seem to have hit a nerve there (guilty conscience over something perhaps?). We can all live without football for half a season. The scientific/health community has no grasp on this pathogen whatsoever and it doesn't seem to follow the "standard" infection paradigm. Might I suggest a hobby?

Edited by LeoH037

7 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

If you think I'm trying to stand on some moral high ground then that's your problem, cause clearly I seem to have hit a nerve there (guilty conscience over something perhaps?). We can all live without football for half a season. The scientific/health community has no grasp on this pathogen whatsoever and it doesn't seem to follow the "standard" infection paradigm. Might I suggest a hobby?

But you have a grasp on it? Go back under you bed with your mask goofball. The rest of us adults have a life to get back to

34 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

me grow up? You realize how ironic that statement is when Football literally is a GAME. One lost season isn't going to end your life, but this virus could end someone else's.

We’re all fully aware of how dangerous the situation is.   I am just tired of the call out culture so prevalent on social media today.  Why can’t we presume that a person writing has good intentions with what they are saying.   Obinna has been on this board a long time.  I’m pretty sure you knew that was not what he was saying, yet took what he wrote and made it a battleground.  It was completely unnecessary as I find it shuts down meaningful conversation.  

Edited by Weng

25 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

But you have a grasp on it? Go back under you bed with your mask goofball. The rest of us adults have a life to get back to

I'm sorry the brutal reality of it all is an inconvenience for you. Ignore it and tell yourself whatever it is you want, but the consequences are real. It appears you are fortunate to not have experienced them first hand yet, and hopefully it stays that way forever.

1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

I'm sorry the brutal reality of it all is an inconvenience for you. Ignore it and tell yourself whatever it is you want, but the consequences are real. It appears you are fortunate to not have experienced them first hand yet, and hopefully it stays that way forever.

Not true very far from it. Trust me

But I'll respect what people are saying cuz I agree. We should focus on the forum topics 

18 minutes ago, Weng said:

It was completely unnecessary as I find it shuts down meaningful conversation.  

Define "meaningful" conversation? Cause it appears to be the type that upset certain folk. My opinion is that all sport leagues should finish their seasons because ultimately sports are an entertainment industry and not essential for everyday life, and any risk is a risk too large.

Edited by LeoH037

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

Not true very far from it. Trust me

But I'll respect what people are saying cuz I agree. We should focus on the forum topics 

Well I have, and its okay if you are handling it differently, but because of my experiences I will not be apologetic about how I am

4 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Define "meaningful" conversation? Cause it appears to be the type that upset certain folk. My opinion is that all sport leagues should finish their seasons because ultimately sports are an entertainment industry and not essential for everyday life, and any risk is a risk too large.

Might I suggest taking a break from sports forums then. It seems you came here to pick a fight.

Are people actually suggesting Davies is going to be made captain of Bayern?!

Edited by Aird25

2 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Phonzie photo in the top football story on BBC. 

AD2795A4-BA84-4713-B98F-FF012014FDAB.png

If that is the case, playing games behind closed doors may be the way to go not just for soccer but for other sports like NHL, NBA, MLB, etc. because Bundesliga are taking the first steps but will the rest of the world like other sports leagues as well as other football leagues like EPL, La Liga, Serie A, French Ligue 1, Eredivisie, etc. follow their lead?

2 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

How about you tell the over 3,000 families in the UK who lost members in the age range of 15-65. 

Did they have nothing to worry about? 

Obviously you have something to worry about when you lose a family member. Can we get back to Alphonso Davies now?

We get to possibly watch him again as early as 8 days from now.

If anyone is looking to get their fix in the meantime, the full DFB Pokal match against Hoffenheim is up on Youtube. I also watched some of the ICC pre-season matches in 2019 yesterday (also on youtube in their entirety). It is amazing to compare and see his growth. 

Edited by Obinna

24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Obviously you have something to worry about when you lose a family member. Can we get back to Alphonso Davies now?

We get to possibly watch him again as early as 8 days from now.

If anyone is looking to get their fix in the meantime, the full DFB Pokal match against Hoffenheim is up on Youtube. I also watched some of the ICC pre-season matches in 2019 yesterday (also on youtube in their entirety). It is amazing to compare and see his growth. 

Yes and he has grown a lot ever since joining Bayern...more mature

6 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Yes and he has grown a lot ever since joining Bayern...more mature

The biggest thing I noticed is that now he can play in the flow of the team. Back in 2019 he still had the raw talent, but wasn't quite on the same page as everyone else.

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The biggest thing I noticed is that now he can play in the flow of the team. Back in 2019 he still had the raw talent, but wasn't quite on the same page as everyone else.

Yeah but now playing with superstar elite level talent at Bayern surrounding him it has no doubt made him a much better player

38 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

Phonzie would've had a decent chance at Winning the CL this year. Bayern were looking pretty good..

Has CL been officially cancelled?  Where did you hear?

On 5/7/2020 at 3:22 AM, LeoH037 said:

Actually maybe mid-March he was boasting that he and his entire family had probably gotten the virus, and had survived, when maybe have had a conventional flu. He was using it as a status symbol, typical BC stuff. Lacking anything exciting going on in your life, you just contrive I-am-special narratives. 

Some people want to turn the current disaster into an opportunity to prove they really pertain to a new superrace of viral-resistant illuminati. I can't wait to hear from local vegans how their diet made them especially immune, the meditators and mindfulness gurus, all lifestyle-splaining their way into that special class of humans Covid-19 was never going to touch, and all to their own credit. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist