The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Wow.. he's really made an impact. 6 months ago people would have laughed in your face if you slotted him ahead of Phil Foden and Vinicius Jr. Tough to argue with #1

Interesting quotes about his dislike for playing LB. I hope Herdman is listening

Edited by SpursFlu

28 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

You're embarrassing yourself here, mate. I would recommend that you find a different angle.

Yah.. just entertaining myself buds. Bit if an Ali G type routine I'm testing out. Hopefully some people had a laugh

Lest anyone thinks someone might actually think you can run faster with a ball than without

Edited by SpursFlu

On 4/6/2020 at 7:59 PM, Stryker911 said:

As I see it, this ranking is fragile. It has everything to do with what those players did in the last few weeks of play. If you'd done it in January it would be rather different. If they'd all kept playing, probably also.

Davies probably lept 5 spots merely on the basis of the Chelsea game.

I am not taking anything away from it, just think that these rankings are not too solid, they are more anecdotal. If Haaland went 3 fixtures without scoring and someone lower down had played a few top matches, it'd look different.

Now with the top mature players, that does not happen, Messi or Cristiano, or whoever else you want to stick in there, tend to hold up regardless of the last few months of play.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

That article. It sounds like a kid gushing about how much fun his dog must be having at the farm his parents took it too. It seems like he doesn’t even think cancelling the champions league is even an option, when it actually seems like a near certainty.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

That article. It sounds like a kid gushing about how much fun his dog must be having at the farm his parents took it too. It seems like he doesn’t even think cancelling the champions league is even an option, when it actually seems like a near certainty.

Well UFC bought an Island. As a Concacaf Nations League super fan, I know some scenic destinations that would be great for the Champions League round of 8. I'm half kidding of course

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/top-10-alphonso-davies-plays~1937414

Is it bad that I want this to end just to watch Davies in Champions league?

The most underrated thing Davies has done was the goal against Las Vegas. The Vegas coaches reaction is priceless. It's like he was slowly watching Godzilla emerge from the ocean