Pacific FC Launch / 2019 off season thread

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You don't work for the club, and being a supporter is not conditioned on having to suck up to the club publicly...

Anyways, you were the one slagging them indirectly over the smoke rules, I did not see that on any other club thread.

Wow. How can one person contradict themselves so badly in one posting? Am I a butt-licker or am I slagging them?

I asked you to stop lying, not to stop criticizing. You have every right to criticize, as I do. I simply refuse top allow you to lie about what the club has done or said.

BTW, I agree that a stadium should be tested before opening day. I expect Sunday to be a gong-show which is why I plan to be there about 2 hours before KO.

None of that means the club lied to us or hid things from us. 

@ted you have every right to defend the club and post what you want, but not to tell me or anyone to shut up. You have no authority to do that, not here, not anywhere. I probably bought by membership as early or almost as most here, I am in two figures. I was also visiting the stadium site a year ago when you were posting negatively about the relationship between the new club and the Highlanders. So you have zero authority, and you are being hypocritical.

The supporters stand, by the way, is for supporters. Who are not buying into Lake Side Buoys. If you guys do a great job getting that rocking, fantastic. But you do not own it, are not in charge of it, fans can buy tickets there without knowing you are, and have no obligation to do what you say. Just in case you want to stay on your bullshit high horse for that too. 

As for the stadium, it is even worse than I am saying. You are aware that any structure for private or public use,  has to be inspected after the work is done to ensure it meets code and respects  safety standards. If it is a public facility, the same and even more so. Standards for safety, evacuation, structural, are no small thing when dealing with a sporting event.

Has Westhills been inspected and approved for public use after all construction has been completed?

Pacific FC not doing this with Westhills, or getting the mayor to help get past laws (unless they are inspecting on a Sunday morning, which if so, all power to them), would not only be irresponsible, it would be illegal. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

@ted you have every right to defend the club and post what you want, but not to tell me or anyone to shut up. You have no authority to do that, not here, not anywhere. I probably bought by membership as early or almost as most here, I am in two figures. I was also visiting the stadium site a year ago when you were posting negatively about the relationship between the new club and the Highlanders. So you have zero authority, and you are being hypocritical.

The supporters stand, by the way, is for supporters. Who are not buying into Lake Side Buoys. If you guys do a great job getting that rocking, fantastic. But you do not own it, are not in charge of it, fans can buy tickets there without knowing you are, and have no obligation to do what you say. Just in case you want to stay on your bullshit high horse for that too. 

As for the stadium, it is even worse than I am saying. You are aware that any structure for private or public use,  has to be inspected after the work is done to ensure it meets code and respects  safety standards. If it is a public facility, the same and even more so. Standards for safety, evacuation, structural, are no small thing when dealing with a sporting event.

Has Westhills been inspected and approved for public use after all construction has been completed?

Pacific FC not doing this with Westhills, or getting the mayor to help get past laws (unless they are inspecting on a Sunday morning, which if so, all power to them), would not only be irresponsible, it would be illegal. 

Don't go then if you don't feel safe...or will you even be there? As far as bullshit high horses...you ride your's far more often than Ted(if he even does). He didn't tell you not to have an opinion or be critical of the club but to stop lying...I think that's a fair request.

42 minutes ago, longlugan said:

Don't go then if you don't feel safe...or will you even be there? As far as bullshit high horses...you ride your's far more often than Ted(if he even does). He didn't tell you not to have an opinion or be critical of the club but to stop lying...I think that's a fair request.

He told me to shut up. If I am at his house, he can ask me to leave. If he is on this board, he can block me, as I do with quite a few people. Other than that, he can screw off. 

Whether I am at the game or not (I only am in BC a few months of the year) is irrelevant. I am still a fan, paid my membership, my July schedule is adjusted around seeing all the matches I can over there. 

Thing is, I know Ted is a great guy, I remember him being one of the most knowledgable on this board 15 years ago about what would make a league work. He has his opinion like I do and is outspoken and passionate. I have praised his Lake Side TV videos, which are good quality amateur. So no problem. But just don't fucking well tell me to shut up when the club has dropped the bucket on a few things.

19 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The problem is fan group leaders often feel a need to do that sort of thing to try to make sure they keep their unusually high level of access to management, coaches and players. The tension between people pointing out online that the emperor has no clothes in certain contexts and those who are determined to deny that he is letting it all hang loose in order to stay in good graces with the prevailing power structure is always going to be there.

Wait, are you talking about fan leaders or Canadian soccer journalists?

Guess that comment really applies to anyone who needs to stay in the good graces of the powers that be to retain their unusual level of access. Hence why we heard nothing about Benito Floro's jacket being on a shaky peg until after he was out the door despite it apparently being a secret that was widely known.

18 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Now that this is no longer a Voyageurs forum, how long before BBTB gets the boot?

Is this board run like a totalitarian state where any views that are not always feel good  and everything is great here in Canadian soccer are banned lol! As long as no one is slandering anybody or being racist or threatening anyone or being homophobic or is constantly spreading outright lies then no one should be getting the boot. Nothing wrong with being critical and yes even of the CPL  if someone wants to be. However, the poster in question along with approaching the CPL with a skeptical and at times a critical eye also posts a good share of positive things, sure maybe more on the critical side so so what? He at least makes you look at the other sides of things even though one might not ever agree with that side of things. But give someone the boot coming at things from more of let’s say the doubting Thomas side of things , come on suck it up . The CPL is here it’s great for soccer in this country and really has a great chance of making it just because of how different the soccer climate is now in Canada and hopefully it grows and it’s successful , but if someone has not so optimistic views all the time so be it !

On 4/27/2019 at 6:16 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

He told me to shut up.

You said the club was being dishonest and I challenged this factually inaccurate statement. I never said you shouldn't criticize the club or the league or anyone, I am just asking that you be honest.

Now you are ranting about me being a hypocrite for criticizing the club after attacking me for being a shill for the club? My critique of the club is proof that I am an independent supporter and not a "yes man". Proof of your error is not hypocrisy on my part.

@ted sorry but I do think the club is not being straight up. If you think I was harsh sorry, just post why I am wrong, you won't be the first to be right about that. 

In any case it is the least of my worries today and hoping you guys have an amazing game, that your presence is really felt. I am not sure where you are planning to set up, but if you are more on the left side of the stand, you will appear far more in tv coverage.

So glad we won! So disappointed that I could not be there. I cannot wait to watch it later today. I am actually shocked how emotionally invested in this team I am already. 

I am doing my best to be an unpaid social media and advertising rep by annoying people who follow me and people I know with information about PFC. 

What a great match. Seeing Borges the day before, and now Verhoeven and Baldisomo, you really get to see in real time why this league is so necessary, and why it seems like a huge success already. We've heard for at least 10 years that the Whitecaps academy is cranking out great technical footballers but you never see it in action. I thought this would be Sunday league kick & chase thuggery and the first two matches have been super entertaining. As much as we're biased since we've been hearing about these kids since they we're in their early teens, I would think we are meeting at least the minimum standard of first tier football (which in my head is some Voyageur not saying "shocking defending, looks far below USL level. :))

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 8:43 AM, xancgr said:

So did they sign Shun Takano? Wondering how close to 23 players they have, and why that hasn't been announced if they did sign a few more to fill it out.

I guess Pacific decided to pass on Takano, as he will be playing with the Highlanders instead.
http://www.highlandersfc.ca/news/highlanders-round-out-roster-with-three-additions