Pacific FC Launch / 2019 off season thread

7 hours ago, ted said:

Jeebus, it's like you have not been paying attention.

Rob and Josh made it very clear from the beginning that they want the priority to be BC players. Why on earth would you think that they would be interested in signing old pros from Denmark when they can get plenty of Canadians, if not BC players? 

Because they've signed an odd German, or two, have a guy from Panama lined up, because basically they are signing a few key pieces internationally, and rather randomly it seems. 

If  you have guys who were in Europe very recently, like Simpson as well, the most likely you have players you know very well you can trust in and whose signing would be strategic. Like Hart has done in Halifax. Like in fact most of the other coaches. Ours is the only one of all the league who has not signed a player they know personally.

In any case, the local boys story is nice but if the level is not good enough, especially for the crucial subs, they'll change the BC tune fairly quickly.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, Soro17 said:

So, 8 - nil PFC over TSS over the weekend apparently. Blasco with 3. 

Here's the pics from TSS 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/161784169@N03/sets/72157691046599173/with/33796843208/

That game was played at Goudy Field in front of Belmont High, right near Westhills, it really is a nice field turf pitch, there are decent concrete stands, I wonder if they'll eventually use it as their practice pitch, or alternate.

That is quite the friendly result. What is the state of TSS right now? I mean they played in the same division as the Calgary Foothills last year, and that is half of Cavalry FC's roster. 

On the stadium, it is a little unnerving, as it would be great to wow the fans who go first. My sister is using my season tickets, as I am still out of country, and if it goes great and is fun, she'd go back. If it is unpleasant, she may not even want the free tickets again...

1 hour ago, ktf said:

That is quite the friendly result. What is the state of TSS right now? I mean they played in the same division as the Calgary Foothills last year, and that is half of Cavalry FC's roster. 

On the stadium, it is a little unnerving, as it would be great to wow the fans who go first. My sister is using my season tickets, as I am still out of country, and if it goes great and is fun, she'd go back. If it is unpleasant, she may not even want the free tickets again...

Ah you know what? It will all become part of the Legend that is The. First. Game. Ever. 

6 hours ago, ktf said:

My guess is it isn’t the full PDL team. College and University haven’t completed their finals yet so many of their players would be locals from their academy at the moment. I could be wrong but most PDL teams don’t start their training camp until May. Still a decent team I would imagine, but not a full strength PDL team. 

As for TSS as a PDL club, they do a good job of development, but they don’t recruit as hard as Foothills did last year. Last year it was clear Wheeldon had one eye on the CPL, as did many of the players (Carducci and Ledgerwood the obvious ones). I believe TSS has a very local/Canadian focus, which is awesome, but won’t always lead to results. A good team, but the PDL was very strong last year with CPL hopefuls and even some ex NASL players dropping down late.

15 hours ago, xancgr said:

Any idea what they have done for the dressing rooms/players-only areas of the stadium? I assume they would use existing infrastructure but I don't know what that looks like out there.

I am not sure, but I think they could use the dressing rooms in the Rugby Canada building, which if you have never been out there is the red building with a flat white roof set back from the North-West corner. I have no idea if that would condition the rugby people.

If there are facilities behind or under the main stand, I do not know, but I don't think there is a direct tunnel access to them from the pitch.

24 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Still no second set of bleachers which points to a capacity of around 3500 and work they are doing on the turf is making the rugby lines a lot more visible than previously. Hopefully they plan to paint those out before Sunday.

Are you going to give us “Bleacher Update” every day?

Nothing wrong with stadium updates keep them coming I love these little stadiums that a lot of the CPL teams will have, the atmosphere in these small stadiums when packed will be amazing . I’m hoping York9 can have a few of their games sold out because looking at that Pan Am stadium if that is full it’s going to be a nice place to watch a game.

6 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Still no second set of bleachers which points to a capacity of around 3500 and work they are doing on the turf is making the rugby lines a lot more visible than previously. Hopefully they plan to paint those out before Sunday.

I guess there are going to be a lot of people without seats then!! The club has stated what the capacity will be for game 1 (5000+), and that a sellout is expected. Are you just skeptical of what they're reporting?

It's easy enough to verify what's happening by using the webcam and ticketmaster. Only 127 seats available on ticketmaster at the moment, so I don't doubt the sellout part on tickets available for use at game time. That part should happen.

As things stand they have a lot of work to do over the next three days to have more than around 3500 seats available. In the absence of a furious level of activity at the family section end through to the end of the week, I guess they might be decanting the family section sales into the sideline grandstand depending on the level of overall demand for tickets. Time will tell.

They have 569 still available for Wednesday's game down the sideline and are actively selling tickets for two sets of bleachers at either end for the supporters and family sections, with the latter yet to be installed. Even that's less than a week away now with only two days fully available for more construction work after Sunday's game.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

It's easy enough to verify what's happening by using the webcam and ticketmaster. Only 127 seats available on ticketmaster at the moment, so I don't doubt the sellout part on tickets available for use at game time. That part should happen.

As things stand they have a lot of work to do over the next three days to have more than around 3500 seats available. In the absence of a furious level of activity at the family section end through to the end of the week, I guess they might be decanting the family section sales into the sideline grandstand depending on the level of overall demand for tickets. Time will tell.

They have 569 still available for Wednesday's game down the sideline and are actively selling tickets for two sets of bleachers at either end for the supporters and family sections, with the latter yet to be installed. Even that's less than a week away now with only two days fully available for more construction work after Sunday's game.

Again, capacity and ticket sales for the opener have been reported by many sources and directly from the club. I'll trust them.

They had sold more than 3500 a while back, and they've been selling tickets for unfinished seats since the start. I would imagine the front bleachers on the family end are going in considering they've been selling seats for it. I've heard it's been sold out. The supporters section has only gone up in the last 2 days.

Edited by Aird25

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Again, capacity and ticket sales for the opener have been reported by many sources and directly from the club. I'll trust them.

They had sold more than 3500 a while back, and they've been selling tickets for unfinished seats since the start. I would imagine the front bleachers on the family end are going in considering they've been selling seats for it. I've heard it's been sold out. The supporters section has only gone up in the last 2 days.

But BBTB says otherwise. Why would you believe multiple sources and the club over him? Don't you know how long he has followed Canadian soccer? Such disrespect /s

On 4/23/2019 at 1:33 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

There is no sign on the live camera of bleachers going in behind the goal at the family section end yet with only three work days to go before Saturday.

On 4/23/2019 at 2:03 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

There was nothing much happening early this morning after sunrise Pacific time when I was checking out the webcam and they don't appear to have all that many people working on the site from what I can see. They are not exactly bursting a gut putting in the two dugouts and what appears to be a wooden platform for Mediapro's cameras in at the moment. 

On 4/23/2019 at 2:48 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

My understanding is that the family section bleachers which are grayed out completely now on ticketmaster were around 900 capacity in the plans that were posted on here. I think from memory the new big grandstand behind the goal was around 1800. If they are 800 short of capacity right now (and there are still plenty of blue dots visible on ticketmaster) with only one set of bleachers going in that would be around 2500 sold, if the eventual capacity when all the work gets done this year to have something that looks like the rendering below is around 6000. That would be 3400 tickets sold with scope for over 4000 in total if that second set of family section bleachers is already sold out and does go in by the weekend.

th?id=OIP.kJVm-0IZ8ZyPm8JNzYlIvgHaFL&pid

On 4/24/2019 at 5:52 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

15 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 6.48.34 PM.png