Pacific FC Launch / 2019 off season thread

I love the away kit. Definitely kind of wish I could get one of those with my season tickets.

I do like the home ones as well. I think we certainly have some of the more unique ones in the league. Although I am generally rather pleased with them all. York 9 FC are the ones that I want to see in person first. Cavalry FC's reds seem like they will be really sharp.

1 hour ago, LatinInuk said:

I don't know, I think the home kit would have been better as just purple. The trident creating the line in the middle splitting 2 similar colours, it kinda ruins it for me.

I was there at the shop in person last night and I couldn't see the Trident. It is way more subtle in person than in the hi-res photos.

42 minutes ago, C2SKI said:

I'm a bit disappointed with Volkswagen as the kit sponsor tbh. I would've preferred someone local.

What matters is the money they are paying, but yeah hoping a local company can outbid them next time...

21 hours ago, Ansem said:

What matters is the money they are paying, but yeah hoping a local company can outbid them next time...

I'd love to have a "local" company outbid VW. Not sure how realistic that is as we don't have a lot big companies headquartered or operating here.

I was thinking that since they throw money away on useless advertising anyway (seriously, why do they need to advertise) we might as well get BC Ferries to do it.

14 minutes ago, ted said:

I'd love to have a "local" company outbid VW. Not sure how realistic that is as we don't have a lot big companies headquartered or operating here.

I was thinking that since they throw money away on useless advertising anyway (seriously, why do they need to advertise) we might as well get BC Ferries to do it.

Here is a somewhat dated list (2011) with the top CRD employers. Of the bunch, only Thrifty is even an option really. 

Looking at the list, what would you islanders do without mainland tax dollars to keep you employed? ? Also, why does the District of Saanich need 1,500 employees? If I lived in Saanich, I'd be outraged. Then again, people that live in Saanich are probably predisposed to being calm and mellow. 

--------

1. Province of British Columbia (All Ministeries) Government 12,226

2 Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA)  10,009

3 Department of National Defence - CFB Esquimalt Government 6,000

4 University of Victoria Institutional 4,886

5 Thrifty Foods Inc.  2,338

6 School District # 61 (Greater Victoria) 2,011

7 District of Saanich Government 1,611

8 School District # 63 (Saanich) 1,500

9 Government of Canada (All Depts.) exc DND Government 1,328

10 School District # 62 (Sooke) 1,300

11 BC Ferry Services Inc. 1,290

12 Camosun College (both campuses) 1,102

13 Capital Regional District Government 1,036

14 BC Transit Crown Corp.  879

15 City of Victoria Government 771

16 Victoria Shipyards Co. Ltd. Private  700

17 Canadian Corp of Commissionaires Private 551

18 Fairmont Empress Hotel Private 520

19 Coast Capital Savings (several branches) 511

20 Royal Roads University 427

5 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

Here is a somewhat dated list (2011) with the top CRD employers. Of the bunch, only Thrifty is even an option really. 

Looking at the list, what would you islanders do without mainland tax dollars to keep you employed? ? Also, why does the District of Saanich need 1,500 employees? If I lived in Saanich, I'd be outraged. Then again, people that live in Saanich are probably predisposed to being calm and mellow. 

--------

1. Province of British Columbia (All Ministeries) Government 12,226

2 Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA)  10,009

3 Department of National Defence - CFB Esquimalt Government 6,000

4 University of Victoria Institutional 4,886

5 Thrifty Foods Inc.  2,338

6 School District # 61 (Greater Victoria) 2,011

7 District of Saanich Government 1,611

8 School District # 63 (Saanich) 1,500

9 Government of Canada (All Depts.) exc DND Government 1,328

10 School District # 62 (Sooke) 1,300

11 BC Ferry Services Inc. 1,290

12 Camosun College (both campuses) 1,102

13 Capital Regional District Government 1,036

14 BC Transit Crown Corp.  879

15 City of Victoria Government 771

16 Victoria Shipyards Co. Ltd. Private  700

17 Canadian Corp of Commissionaires Private 551

18 Fairmont Empress Hotel Private 520

19 Coast Capital Savings (several branches) 511

20 Royal Roads University 427

FFS! Is there even a private sector in Greater Victoria?

3 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

I mean I don't think it's a question of being outbid. It seems like no companies were interested in a kit sponsorship deal with Pacific, York 9, HFX, Valour and FCE.

I'd submit that the league is only interested in a certain type of corporate sponsor - using a Victoria example, I don't think the league wants the team sponsored by Galaxy Motors or Sabhai Thai, even if these companies were willing to shell out the $.  

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

I mean I don't think it's a question of being outbid. It seems like no companies were interested in a kit sponsorship deal with Pacific, York 9, HFX, Valour and FCE.

What an odd way of reading the situation. I don't think VW, the biggest corporate sponsor in the league, got the "leftovers". 

A more likely way of reading it is that a big money sponsor got exactly what they wanted, and chose the two clubs they were most interested in.

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

FFS! Is there even a private sector in Greater Victoria?

LOL, there is some ship-building and even aircraft building, as well as some tech-sector companies, but mostly we have the big three: RCN Pacific Fleet, University of Victoria, and the Provincial Government.

38 minutes ago, xancgr said:

Anybody else concerned with the lack of progress on the stadium? I am aware that the seating is being shipped in, but even still the season starts in three weeks and the stadium is nowhere near ready...

Yeah, I'm trying to stay positive but there is some tension building.

Maybe they are opening the grounds so early on the 28th (1:00 pm) so we can bring wrenches and help put it together? ;)

Apparently PFC are expected to sign 5 new players to their squad in one week or more

My guess is:

Usports Draft Pick (UBC) | Rookie of the year& former WFC 2 player - Thomas Gardner, FW - Mamadi Camara, Simon Fraser University standout in, was a part of the Foothills winning team last year and drafted by SJ Earthquakes 

As well as the reported player on Twitter, Shun Takano, Japanese, winger, 23, got noticed at the got game open trials and was CCAA MVP and POY in the Pacific region with VIU Mariners. He has been on trial since the club came back from Tofino

I can sense the final two are loans in from the Whitecaps; Sean Melvin, Derek Cornelius, Michael Baldisimo, Theo Bair come to mind as options. David Norman Jr. Suffered an injury and Hasal/Colyn too are focused on training 

Does anyone remember when Cornelius appeared on a promotional poster from Pacific FC or is that just me? I swear we could probably find it somewhere

6 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Do they have the supporters and family section bleachers in place behind both goals done? Those are being sold as general admission right now and should be easy to do unlike the big grandstand behind the goal. If they haven't sold out the rest of the stadium, there's probably no huge rush on the grandstand.

Yeah they'll figure something out for sure. Still not as great as a full capacity fully erected stadium though.