Pacific FC Launch / 2019 off season thread

PFC is the only club without an international signing so far, Blasco is considered Canadian according to CPL website. 

I’d hope they go after some internationals to shore up the centre of the park.

Silberbauer must have a connection of some sort to bring a player or two over.  Doesn’t seem like they’ve given him much deference, although I could be wrong.

Edited by Keegan

7 minutes ago, Zem said:

I'm guessing it's Callum Irving

Seems logical but with 2 CPL level keepers signed already I don’t think teams are going to have guys like Wirth/Village as third keeper.  

I’m disappointed that there only seems to be one keeper spot left in the league and we have so many Canadians yet to sign.

19 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Seems logical but with 2 CPL level keepers signed already I don’t think teams are going to have guys like Wirth/Village as third keeper.  

I’m disappointed that there only seems to be one keeper spot left in the league and we have so many Canadians yet to sign.

I'm not sure if Village and Wirth really qualify as "CPL-level", both are definitely highly-rated but neither have substantial pro experience. I could definitely see Silberbauer letting them compete for the starting spot, but with Irving still available at this point in the year it makes sense for him to be signing with them.

22 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I'm guessing he signs with York9. They're the only team with one GK on their roster. Every other club seems to have a quality, experienced player at GK.

Tomer Chencinski is still available to handily fill that void for York. And Pacific definitely does not have an experienced keeper, Wirth and Village only have one professional game combined.

3 minutes ago, Zem said:

I'm not sure if Village and Wirth really qualify as "CPL-level", both are definitely highly-rated but neither have substantial pro experience. I could definitely see Silberbauer letting them compete for the starting spot, but with Irving still available at this point in the year it makes sense for him to be signing with them.

Tomer Chencinski is still available to handily fill that void for York. And Pacific definitely does not have an experienced keeper, Wirth and Village only have one professional game combined.

Seems that inexperienced keepers are par for the course.  I just don’t see how in a salary cap league you give a third spot to one of those guys.  Why not just get a cheap USport or youth player to be 3rd keeper?  I think that’s what most will do.

30 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Seems that inexperienced keepers are par for the course.  I just don’t see how in a salary cap league you give a third spot to one of those guys.  Why not just get a cheap USport or youth player to be 3rd keeper?  I think that’s what most will do.

I agree with Zem that the pairing at Pacific is the least experienced of all the keeper signings, but at the same time, neither makes sense as a third keeper.

I doubt that Irving will be signed by Pacific. Maybe he has something lined up in USL

30 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Since Roberts just came off the board it makes sense Irving would sign somewhere, and he is a BC boy.  

30 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

I agree with Zem that the pairing at Pacific is the least experienced of all the keeper signings, but at the same time, neither makes sense as a third keeper.

I doubt that Irving will be signed by Pacific. Maybe he has something lined up in USL

At least they have both been pros.. FCE has two guys with zero pro games.

7 minutes ago, downtownordinary said:

One name I haven't seen mentioned too often for CanPL is Michael Petrasso.  Seems like he could be a candidate no?

Kind of gets in Chung's way, but maybe. The only big Canadian CB signing other than Edgar I can think of would be a loan of Callum Montegomery from FC Dallas. Although I think he's hurt right now.

2 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Issey Nakajima's

He always said he would be interested in playing in a Canadian League. 

Wouldn't say no, even at his age, he has been without a club since last August though hasn't he?

Really though... CB's CB's CB's....

..Maybe they are holding out hope of Edgar.  

3 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Anyone check out Issey Nakajima's instagram account lately?  He was in BC hanging out with DeJong 2 days ago.

According to a message from De Jong in the same post, he wished him safe travels and his next post is in Japan, so thinking it was just a layover