CNL - Canada vs Dominica - October 16th Toronto

Admin

50 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Some.  A few others are cashing in as well now.  "True Born Islander" and "East Coast Lifestyle" are brands that are moving in to the insular-society clothing market.  The dirt shirt had the slight disadvantage that it was ugly as hell.

I saw a family of 5 all wearing the dirt shirt one day. It was hard to decide whether to laugh or pity them. ?‍♂️

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Some.  A few others are cashing in as well now.  "True Born Islander" and "East Coast Lifestyle" are brands that are moving in to the insular-society clothing market.  The dirt shirt had the slight disadvantage that it was ugly as hell.

Last time I checked the ECL shirts were getting made not on the east coast anymore.   Or maybe they were knock offs, but when I finally did see some for sale they were made in China or Honduras or something. 

I can understand why to some degree if it is indeed true.  I want to use Canadian made shirts, but it's like driving into a brick wall when you go to do some things.

I would like to make a Canadian made clothing line and more generic soccer shirts, but that description of insular-society clothing market is very apt. There is something about it that bugs me.  I would rather it be more celebratory and positive than insular.    Was in Kingston on Saturday and someone said I had gone to the armpit of Canada..... and I'm like wtf? The downtown is really nice, this inter city negativity is tiring, and that is after getting a lifetime does of it living in Montreal.  I'm not talking about taking the piss in the football sense.

One of the reasons our tickets are cheaper is I make one purchase, then do it all manually.

It is similiar on their end to a single ticket sale.   It's one transaction for say 1000 tickets vs 1000 transactions of single ticket sales.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am a proud Islander, do my best to dispel the hillbilly image, and do my part to make the Island strong.

I will still never ever wear one of those shirts.

Anyone that makes shirts with a cement mixer is my hero.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:04 AM, admin said:

One of the reasons our tickets are cheaper is I make one purchase, then do it all manually.

It is similiar on their end to a single ticket sale.   It's one transaction for say 1000 tickets vs 1000 transactions of single ticket sales.

Would love to be with the Vs man, I just can't... I don't and neither does my brother like watching games from behind the net. 

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Would love to be with the Vs man, I just can't... I don't and neither does my brother like watching games from behind the net. 

No problem at all.  I totally understand this.

Make sure you come to the pre game party. 

There will also be two events on Sunday & Monday.

Sunday will be a joint event with Canada Soccer, for ticket holders only.

Monday is a fund raiser with Kristian Jack and Steven Caldwell.  You can get tickets here

Are the details about the pre-game party known? Would it likely be the kind of thing that 8-10 guys could just show up to unannounced? If more heads up is needed I could always poll the guys I'm bringing to the game ahead of time to see if there is interest in doing our pre-gaming wherever the V's are.

7 minutes ago, Kent said:

Are the details about the pre-game party known? Would it likely be the kind of thing that 8-10 guys could just show up to unannounced? If more heads up is needed I could always poll the guys I'm bringing to the game ahead of time to see if there is interest in doing our pre-gaming wherever the V's are.

Definately come to our pre game party. 

It will be at Shoeless Joe's on King by Dufferin. 

More the merrier... maybe some of those guys need a scarf... ;)

There will also be two more events in the preceding days.

Sunday - Oct 14th - TBA - Joint event with Canada Soccer & The Voyageurs  - Ticket holders only.

Monday Oct 15th - Fund raiser for Football For Good -  hosted by Kristian Jack and Steven Caldwell.  Tickets here

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Definately come to our pre game party. 

It will be at Shoeless Joe's on King by Dufferin. 

More the merrier... maybe some of those guys need a scarf... ;)

There will also be two more events in the preceding days.

Sunday - Oct 14th - TBA - Joint event with Canada Soccer & The Voyageurs  - Ticket holders only.

Monday Oct 15th - Fund raiser for Football For Good -  hosted by Kristian Jack and Steven Caldwell.  Tickets here

Confession time. I don't even have a scarf. The only Canada scarf I have is a matchday scarf that I got from my in-laws after they went to the Canada vs Scotland friendly in Edinburgh a couple years back.

Thanks for the info on the other things. I definitely can't do the Monday one. The Sunday one is unlikely as well but I've just put it in my calendar to keep in mind in case I am able to go.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

Confession time. I don't even have a scarf. The only Canada scarf I have is a matchday scarf that I got from my in-laws after they went to the Canada vs Scotland friendly in Edinburgh a couple years back.

Thanks for the info on the other things. I definitely can't do the Monday one. The Sunday one is unlikely as well but I've just put it in my calendar to keep in mind in case I am able to go.

Pre game is the one that matters.

It's great having everyone in one location.  

JM

1 hour ago, admin said:

Pre game is the one that matters.

It's great having everyone in one location.  

JM

36 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Go to pregame regardless of where you’re sitting in the stadium. 

That’s an order!

Please. 

Definitely will try to make it on the Sunday... As for the pre-game I'll be there nice and early... Should I preorder my scarves? 

Would love to see this group of players called up

GK’s – Crepeau, Roberts, Busti

LB - *De Jong, Morgan 

CB - *Jakovic, *Edgar, Straith 

RB - *Ledgerwood, Aird 

MF - Hutchinson, Johnson, Hoilett, Arfield, Tabla, Davies, Piette, Wotherspoon, Millar 

FW - Larin, Cavallini, Ricketts, David 

Starting XI ⬇️

At HT: Busti in for Crépeau, Davies in for Arfield and Tabla in for Hoilett

• Return for Hutchinson and Johnson 

*and RET (Farewell match) for the defenders, last game played for the National Team, about 175+ Appearances combined 

6C8F870D-9D1D-4B6C-942F-630E4AD21FE3.jpeg

I think we need to start involving Cordova in more camps. He's only been at that pre-Gold Cup camp so far. I don't really fear losing him, but we need to know what we've got. Surely he's good enough to be at least on par with our other right back options. He's had enough time to "settle" with his club, or whatever the excuse was.

32 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I think we need to start involving Cordova in more camps. He's only been at that pre-Gold Cup camp so far. I don't really fear losing him, but we need to know what we've got. Surely he's good enough to be at least on par with our other right back options. He's had enough time to "settle" with his club, or whatever the excuse was.

He was also at the camp vs El Salvador last October so he’s actually only missed the last 2 calls.  I’d imagine he’ll get a look but also keep in mind he hasn’t featured as much lately and Herdman doesn’t seem to have an interest in using a true RB just yet. 

24 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

If I manage to get up there for the game, I will be staying at the Sheraton Gateway on Sunday night, but will be looking for a decent hotel to crash in for Monday and Tuesday night.  Is there anything that is reasonably close to the stadium and that is a decent balance of price/non-shithole? 

hotwire.com; day of...always good deals. 

15 hours ago, Keegan said:

He was also at the camp vs El Salvador last October so he’s actually only missed the last 2 calls.  I’d imagine he’ll get a look but also keep in mind he hasn’t featured as much lately and Herdman doesn’t seem to have an interest in using a true RB just yet. 

We don't need a true RB in the last game, we might not even need it against Dominica either. I'd still like to see him though. 

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If I manage to get up there for the game, I will be staying at the Sheraton Gateway on Sunday night, but will be looking for a decent hotel to crash in for Monday and Tuesday night.  Is there anything that is reasonably close to the stadium and that is a decent balance of price/non-shithole? 

As I shared last match, from what I am hearing:

• Similar tactical (offensive) approach to this game. Winning goal differential battle is being pushed hard
  • We can expect to see 3 in the back, not 2. Yet, I don't expect more wing backs to be brought into camp, rather wide midfielders (considering formation this makes sense) 
  • Youth flair mixed with our vets. Will use match to cap-tie a few more players (certainly Tabla lol)
  • Game will be used for Gold Cup prep...in saying this, I really dont expect to see some of the names Thomas listed above (ex., Ledgerwood)

Really nothing new from what I shared for the USVI match

Archived