CNL - Canada vs Dominica - October 16th Toronto

Admin

May I ask why tickets are so damn expensive? 

We are playing VS 160 ranked Dominica for crying out loud

I think it’s because this is the only Home Game of 2018 for the MNT they try and profit 

Section 123 is $135.00 CDN - Standard, you serious? 

Section 121, 122, 124, 125, 107, And 108 are $55.55 CAD

Section 126, 120, 110, 109, 106 & 105 are  $40.50 CAD 

Only Sections 127, 104, 111, 119, and the Supporters section (behind the goal) are $24.00 CAD

Excellent prices for the Voyaguers, but for the General Public not so much. 

A36DC944-D22B-4993-962E-77D0DD3D79FA.jpeg

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

May I ask why tickets are so damn expensive? 

We are playing VS 160 ranked Dominica for crying out loud

I think it’s because this is the only Home Game of 2018 for the MNT they try and profit 

Section 123 is $135.00 CDN - Standard, you serious? 

Section 121, 122, 124, 125, 107, And 108 are $55.55 CAD

Section 126, 120, 110, 109, 106 & 105 are  $40.50 CAD 

Only Sections 127, 104, 111, 119, and the Supporters section (behind the goal) are $24.00 CAD

Excellent prices for the Voyaguers, but for the General Public not so much. 

Really? I bought tickets in section 124 through a group sale and it said the regular price was $45 (group rate for 10 people was $36). So that's $10 cheaper than what you are quoting. The dark greys they listed as $30 regular (again, $10 cheaper) and the light greys as $20 ($4 cheaper). Not sure about 123 because that got it's own colour and wasn't part of the group deals. Probably 123 is allocated for players families, FA executives, sponsors, etc, but the $135 price point still doesn't make sense. It should either be not for sale or presumably similar to the price of the reds.

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

Really? I bought tickets in section 124 through a group sale and it said the regular price was $45 (group rate for 10 people was $36). So that's $10 cheaper than what you are quoting. The dark greys they listed as $30 regular (again, $10 cheaper) and the light greys as $20 ($4 cheaper). Not sure about 123 because that got it's own colour and wasn't part of the group deals. Probably 123 is allocated for players families, FA executives, sponsors, etc, but the $135 price point still doesn't make sense. It should either be not for sale or presumably similar to the price of the reds.

Group Sales help a lot or if you buy it through promotions, but this is what showed up in the map for me anyway 

I just looked it up, and the prices I was quoting are before fees. The prices you were quoting are apparently after a $10.50 BS fee. Interestingly enough, for my group sale the BS fee was only $4. So the prices you and I were posting are both accurate, one way or the other.

1 minute ago, Kent said:

I just looked it up, and the prices I was quoting are before fees. The prices you were quoting are apparently after a $10.50 BS fee. Interestingly enough, for my group sale the BS fee was only $4. So the prices you and I were posting are both accurate, one way or the other.

I Wonder if a good walk up crowd could be in the possibilities? Even better if they can pay in person and avoid these BS Fees 

1 hour ago, hamiltonfan said:

Very few tickets sold to-date based on the Ticketmaster map. 

Ironically, section 123 is the most sold section. Seems like there are a handful of sections with nearly no tickets sold.

Not surprising, but still disappointing.

53 minutes ago, masster said:

You still pay those fees at the box office if I am not mistaken.

I get a kick out of that.  Charge someone for a ticket.  Then charge them a fee for the act of selling them the ticket.  WTF is that?  I don't pay for a burrito and pay an additional 'buying burritos' fee.

CBC's story today about Ticketmaster and the ticket racket is pretty apropos.

Lowest ticket should be 15...highest should be $150.

I was thinking the same thing for pricing when I wanted to buy a seat at mid level for me and my brother.... I then thought, "why buy an expensive ticket when I know the seats will be available, and can move". 

Missed opportunity to promote not only the game but the current crop of talent we have. It's a joke. 

On 9/19/2018 at 8:05 PM, Kadenge said:

Is Canada Soccer Business not involved with marketing this game?

I have purchased 12 tickets and counting. 9 of the guys attending have never been to a CMNT game before. I hope we put on a good performance ..need to convert some of them to  permanent supporters. 

Buy 12 with us?

9 hours ago, Arif said:

Hell. I'm here for a year and this is my first Canadian match and I am coming with you guys! 

Awesome.

We will have a pre game event, info will be out closer to the game. 

I'll have a table set up, come by and say hi.

15 hours ago, admin said:

...we sell tickets and they are $17 all in?

How close to the game are V tickets available.  I am waiting on travel approval from work and (if approved) will need to figure out the logistics (no late flight gets me back to PEI after the game so I will need to crash another night).  Not sure when I will know for sure if I can go.

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

How close to the game are V tickets available.  I am waiting on travel approval from work and (if approved) will need to figure out the logistics (no late flight gets me back to PEI after the game so I will need to crash another night).  Not sure when I will know for sure if I can go.

If it's one or two, it won't be a problem at all. 

Just let me know, I'll get you in. 

8 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Only one requirement ... you need to wear a ‘dyslexic nam’ nametag at pregame. ?

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly, I was thinking about getting it put onto my Canada jersey. 

That would be brilliant. 

Honestly, it’s a very fun thing to be able to actually meet the people behind the names on here. Also, I can’t recall a time we’ve had someone from PEI in the supporter’s section. 

Just now, rob.notenboom said:

Just wear the PEI dirt shirt.

Do they still have those at every tourist attraction?

Some.  A few others are cashing in as well now.  "True Born Islander" and "East Coast Lifestyle" are brands that are moving in to the insular-society clothing market.  The dirt shirt had the slight disadvantage that it was ugly as hell.

Archived