U. S. Virgin Islands vs Canada , September 9th 4pm IMG Academy in Bradenton Florida

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Roberts is hurt, (fibular fracture) not sure how long he'll be out for.  If Borjan gets one of these camps off and we call Crepeau and Busti, how about Melvin if we are looking for a 3rd keeper who probably wont play.    

Seems like a good shout.

Or Carducci for that matter.

Just came off a PDL championship. Gives him a good training opportunity to help fill the void, since his season is finished.

24 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Didn't Carducci face a ridiculously low number of shots on their run to PDL title?

And it was the PDL....is the keeper situation that thin??  Not to write off Carducci, I was surprised he didnt catch on in the USL somewhere, but he is young and maybe a couple of busy seasons with the Cavalry will bring him into the CMNT picture. 

I thought this is why Leutwiler would be useful, he has played alot of 3-4th level in england, he is mature and still has lots of years to give the program.   This is if Borjan takes a game off.    

37 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

And it was the PDL....is the keeper situation that thin??  Not to write off Carducci, I was surprised he didnt catch on in the USL somewhere, but he is young and maybe a couple of busy seasons with the Cavalry will bring him into the CMNT picture. 

I thought this is why Leutwiler would be useful, he has played alot of 3-4th level in england, he is mature and still has lots of years to give the program.   This is if Borjan takes a game off.    

Yes.

28 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

CSA has trained in Orlando a lot of time before. I think they'll stay in Florida.

Typically they train in Sunrise, FL at the Sawgrass Grand which is a hotel with built-in soccer complex. Since this match is in Bradenton just outside Tampa i'd assume they'll just stay nearby and train at the IMG complex.

6 hours ago, Keegan said:

No Carducci.. if we’re going young and with two keepers it’s Busti and Crepeau.  One to cynically cap tie and the other because he’s earned it. 

That's my preference too. I am talking about a scenario with a 3rd keeper who won't play in all likelyhood. In that case why not Carducci?

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

That's my preference too. I am talking about a scenario with a 3rd keeper who won't play in all likelyhood. In that case why not Carducci?

I think because he has fallen pretty down the proverbial depth chart. Roberts, Pantemis, Hasal, Breza, Desjardins or other youth players might be more likely to get a look than Carducci I’d think

i think Borjan plays the match, Creapeau gets evaluated and They have another chance to sell Busti on Canada with all hands on deck. Who knows tho, maybe Borjan is tired and says “let the kid play” 

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

My thing with Carducci is that he hasn’t done anything in his career.  He wasn’t starter on our u20s, he couldn’t cut our u23 squad and now he’s won a slam dunk championship in PDL, a level lower than anyone else in our pool and he’s going to earn a call?  It’s just too cheap and easy for a guy who’s claim to fame is being a u17 keeper and starting 2 cup games 4 years ago. 

1 hour ago, soccer.shocker said:

I think because he has fallen pretty down the proverbial depth chart. Roberts, Pantemis, Hasal, Breza, Desjardins or other youth players might be more likely to get a look than Carducci I’d think

i think Borjan plays the match, Creapeau gets evaluated and They have another chance to sell Busti on Canada with all hands on deck. Who knows tho, maybe Borjan is tired and says “let the kid play” 

I have no idea who the last 3 keepers on that list are, but Roberts is 3rd string on LAFC and just joined them after playing in league 1 Ontario right? I know Carducci was playing PDL, which is also a low level, but his team won the championship. He is also younger than Roberts by 2 years and more or less has the same resume. Ex TFC versus ex Whitecaps.

I'm not sure Roberts is head and shoulders ahead of Carducci by virtue of just signing with LAFC recently, but at least he is on the LAFC payroll. Training with them day-in and day-out. Etc. 

One way to look at it is you go with the MLS guy and not the PDL guy.

Another way to look at it is to leave Roberts where he, because what if the starting keeper gets injured and he gets a chance to get in the 18?

If he is not going to play for Canada anyways, why take him from his MLS club? Same for Pantemis.

20 minutes ago, Keegan said:

My thing with Carducci is that he hasn’t done anything in his career.  He wasn’t starter on our u20s, he couldn’t cut our u23 squad and now he’s won a slam dunk championship in PDL, a level lower than anyone else in our pool and he’s going to earn a call?  It’s just too cheap and easy for a guy who’s claim to fame is being a u17 keeper and starting 2 cup games 4 years ago. 

His claim to fame is winning the PDL championship now :)

i do get what you're saying though. I definitely do not expect him to get called, nor do I think he's earned it per se. Just floating around the idea to see what folks think.

Again I should reiterate, we are talking about the 3rd keeper here, someone who is not going to play - just train.

And that being the case, I think it could be a good opportunity for him, whereas with Roberts or Melvin or some other 3rd string MLS keeper, you are pulling them from their club, perhaps.

Just an alternative viewpoint. I can also see the angle where those two, or Pantemis, are unlikely to play with their club anyways, so they might as well bring them in the train with Canada, as they'll be sharper than Carducci, and thus arguably more deserving than Carducci.

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

My opinion, he calls the strongest squad available, he’s done a few interviews talking about how this is the beginning of the road for Qatar 2022 (unofficially) and these games matter, etc. 

Busti is the only one we know thus far who was called. I wonder if he'd be considered "strongest squad" material?

30 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Busti is the only one we know thus far who was called. I wonder if he'd be considered "strongest squad" material?

Well he is play for the Juventus U19 which is in my opinion stronger than the PDL league in which Carducci is playing but why not if by chance we have a big lead on USVI sub him in late in the game to cap tie him from what I have been reading Juventus rates him very high as a prospect and have him on there list of five future players to watch out for so we might as well cap tie him on a game that Canada should have no problem winning.

4 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I think it has to be majority mls and usl players because it’s not worth it to call someone from Europe to fly to Florida who has a chance they’ll play against the USVI.

Well with all the money we’ve saved doing absolutely nothing all year they should be able to fly in whoever they want on a private plane.  Hilarious that costs should be a factor when they’ve cheated us out of games all year. 

Little update.. El Salvador will play a team by the name of Brazil in a friendly after their First Nations league match.  What are we doing again?? 

Honestly if I was a Canadian international who hasn’t played a game all year and they bounced me for some local players and did nothing all year I would be PISSED.  Think about it.. your career is limited, your international career even more so and you’ve essentially been cheated out of a year.  Great job CSA, not like we have any exciting prospects or anything.. and we really struggled last home match selling 20k seats.  Help me understand please.

Just now, Keegan said:

Well with all the money we’ve saved doing absolutely nothing all year they should be able to fly in whoever they want on a private plane.  Hilarious that costs should be a factor when they’ve cheated us out of games all year. 

Little update.. El Salvador will play a team by the name of Brazil in a friendly after their First Nations league match.  What are we doing again?? 

No I didn’t mean worth in money I meant it’s not worth the time of a player playing in Europe especially one trying to get a spot in their team to come and train in Florida and not play.

Archived