U. S. Virgin Islands vs Canada , September 9th 4pm IMG Academy in Bradenton Florida

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Cblake said:

The Dominica game will be interesting as TFC has a road game at DC the night after. Wonder if  they are still fighting for their playoff lives will there be a compromise to keep any Reds out of it? Will be interesting, from Osario, Morgan, Chapman etc. 

I cannot imagine Osorio, Morgan, Chapman or even Ricketts being selected if there's a remote chance TFC can still make the playoffs. No way.

I don't even think we'd call Telfer. He's always making the bench and TFC aren't going to want even their bench options diminished, let alone their starters.

I could see Fraser, maybe, and maybeee Hamilton now that Jansen is at the club and doing well.

Any of the TFC 2 guys could be options, but I don't think Herdman calls any of them. We have a lot of other options and Dominica, while a minnow, is not USVI.

If it’s not streamed we are next level disasters.

I wonder if the plan is to use the u20 team I never considered this was the same venue as qualifying.. or better yet call a few u20s and have some more join down there and use up the rest of the window for a big camp.

53 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Right but it's in Florida though right? There should be no reason to not set up a decent quality stream...

Loads of reasons.

It isn't our venue, our telecast rights.... more.... I dunno, I can think of many reasons.

11 minutes ago, Keegan said:

If it’s not streamed we are next level disasters.

Why would we be next level disasters when the home country doesn't do someting, or doesn't let you do it or simply isn't doing anything but holds all the cards.

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Why would we be next level disasters when the home country doesn't do someting, or doesn't let you do it or simply isn't doing anything but holds all the cards.

Loads of reasons?.  It would be next level disaster if the CSA did not pursue it.  And if it were the case that USVI decided not to allow it and the CSA meekly accepted it, that would also be a next level disaster...more...

But credit to the CSA, they have been much, much better at providing access to games and I don't see why it would change with this game.

Because a freindly is just that, a freindly.  You decide on those terms.

This is not a freindly.    It's a country that has to play their game in another country.

There will almost certainly be a stream. 

I don't know the particulars, but people really  need to stop making the automatic  assumption that everything is easy to do, and the only reason things don't happen is everyone is an idiot. 

IMG does some video casting of events; they are generally ok in standard.  

But if for some reason the USVI Soccer Association decides to cheap out, they may not pay IMG to do it.  Or they could hold the CSA ransom to pay for rights/ability to webcast to match.  A reasonable amount I'm sure the CSA would pay for (and maybe produce it for broadcast so the local USVI audience can watch too).  But the CSA will/should not pay a ridiculous amount either.  

Question: would anyone on this board pay for a quality stream?

40 minutes ago, admin said:

USVI holding us ransom doesn’t seem likely.. I’m sure they can use a reasonable cash injection since they aren’t making a gate and have to travel.  I think it’s a deal that’s in the best interests of both nations so if you can’t get something like that done it’s disastrous and if they want to extort us they lose and we should smack them by 10. 

A nation like Canada not being able to watch their team in Bradenton, Florida in a qualifier in 2018 is a disaster any way you slice it.. let’s not pretend that any other nation in concacaf wouldn’t have it broadcast.  You can bet Nicaragua would have it on tv even.. 

Lets just not make these anticipatory excuses.  If the CSA can’t pay for a damn stream in Florida let us know ahead of time so we can set up a gofundme ffs.

4 minutes ago, socceronly said:

I'm pretty fucking tired of anyone insuating I'm being an apologist or making excuses.

You guys go off half cocked constantly with assumption after assumption and it makes us all look stupid.

Sorry, but you took a comment that it would be disastrous if there wasn't a stream for this game and provided excuses for why there might not be one.  

I think people are just frustrated with the idea that, after not playing for so long, we might not even get to see our first CMNT game in what seems like forever.  People are itching to see some of the guys get turned loose at this exciting time.  The idea that we potentially might not even be able to catch a stream is pretty crazy.

Just now, kacbru said:

Sorry, but you took a comment that it would be disastrous if there wasn't a stream for this game and provided excuses for why there might not be one.  

No. 

I am trying to point out that there may be reasons why things are more complex than everyone is an idiot.

That is the level that most people are posting at and it needs to be elevated. 

If you can't do something becuase the people who control it are not you, and you have  no say in the matter, that is an explanation not an excuse. 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

No. 

I am trying to point out that there may be reasons why things are more complex than everyone is an idiot.

That is the level that most people are posting at and it needs to be elevated. 

If you can't do something becuase the people who control it are not you, and you have  no say in the matter, that is an explanation not an excuse. 

I think there is probably a lot more grey area between an excuse and explanation there, but regardless of how complex it may be, I think everyone here would agree it would be a disaster if there wasn't a viewing option.  

I fully expect there to be one, as I said earlier the CSA has been much better at this over the last number of years.  But we're not allowed to be cynical?  About the CMNT?  What else is there?

Everyone put in 20$ send one of us down there with a camera and computer and get me a live stream. There's no way I'm not somehow watching this game. I understand all that goes into broadcasting the games and all but there is 0% chance this game is not streamed. 

9 minutes ago, kacbru said:

I think there is probably a lot more grey area between an excuse and explanation there, but regardless of how complex it may be, I think everyone here would agree it would be a disaster if there wasn't a viewing option.  

I fully expect there to be one, as I said earlier the CSA has been much better at this over the last number of years.  But we're not allowed to be cynical?  About the CMNT?  What else is there?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a disaster. I'm saying it doesn't mean we would be the disaster.  That is different, but that is what is being implied.  

Given the history of the CSA I understand people's tendancy to jump to the least charitible interpretation of almost everything.  I used to do the same thing, spent years doing it.

But if we want to solve the problems we face we actually have to understand them.  

We are playing the USVI at a training ground away. Given this, and the numerous other there reasons shared, I would not be surprised if there was no stream.

Frankly, we are highlighting our ignorance as a group by debating/suggesting a non stream away match vs USVI (ranked 199) would be ‘disastrous’ to the program. comical! 

I’ll take a stab at defining ‘disastrous’...an event or action causing extremely negative, potentially unreversable, impact (to our program). Reminder...we are playing the USVI away!!! How the heck would not streaming this match be disastrous? 

I applaud the CSA for the improvements with the digital team and encourage to continue improving their services. 

Pick your battles folks! Hopefully we are able to view the match live. If not, game film will surface shortly after, Twitter will be providing us minute to minute updates, and we will crush USVI

Well lets say it would be a lost opportunity then.  Disaster no, but dissapointing yes.  All thats been going on, Davies going to Bayern, MLS teams in playoff run, CPL buzz, you would think that they would like to keep the ball rolling with at least a streaming feed of these games.  I know we are all used to this kind of stuff, but if things are really changing then this has to change as well.  Lots of chances for CSA to keep soccer more in the fore front. I want to use some big herdman words here, those big important buzz words that get everyone fired up, but I'm not as slick as he is.  

1) make sure our games are well advertised and the home team has every advantage and a big crowd behind them

2) make sure we at least get a decent stream of away games like USVI

3) pull some strings and get some stories out there about CPL and other success stories, David, MAK, Hutch and Larin, Millar, what deguzman is doing in ottawa etc etc they could probably take all 3 of the soccer journalists out for a steak sandwhich and it wouldn't break the budget

Archived