Canada vs Dominica Tuesday October 16th 7pm in Toronto

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On one hand, it's disappointing that a CPL city isn't getting the chance to host. But on the other hand, I'm happy that I'll be able to go, and at a time when there seems to be interest from several of my coworkers to be dragged out to the game.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

On one hand, it's disappointing that a CPL city isn't getting the chance to host. But on the other hand, I'm happy that I'll be able to go, and at a time when there seems to be interest from several of my coworkers to be dragged out to the game.

Somebody with time on their hands, needs to email the city of Toronto to ask if the 16 000 seats a year deal with the CSA is still in effect.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-44376.pdf

Is so, they kinda had to play there...

Really think this is a missed opportunity to host a game outside of the "big 3" markets.  If you're serious about trying to grow the game in Canada, putting this in a CPL city at a time you're trying to promote that league would have been better.  

10 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Really think this is a missed opportunity to host a game outside of the "big 3" markets.  If you're serious about trying to grow the game in Canada, putting this in a CPL city at a time you're trying to promote that league would have been better.  

Well, do you know the answer to this question:

40 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Somebody with time on their hands, needs to email the city of Toronto to ask if the 16 000 seats a year deal with the CSA is still in effect.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2012/ex/bgrd/backgroundfile-44376.pdf

Is so, they kinda had to play there...

because if not, they may not have had the choice. The CSA doesn't have $100 000 to throw away one would think.

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Excellent!  THAT is how it's done. 

We will have tickets on sale shortly and a pre game party to bring them to. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

Our tickets will be $17.  

Yeah okay I wonder if I would have to go through Ticketmaster to buy it or?

16 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah okay I wonder if I would have to go through Ticketmaster to buy it or?

Nooooooooooooooooooo

Our site, this one.  That is the only way to get into the supporters section.

I'll have them up for sale in a few minutes.  

Glad you are joining us for this game!

12 minutes ago, admin said:

Nooooooooooooooooooo

Our site, this one.  That is the only way to get into the supporters section.

I'll have them up for sale in a few minutes.  

Glad you are joining us for this game!

Well thank you for the invite

IIRC, last time Dominica got a decent amount of supporters which filled the North End of BMO. Should be a good game and a chance to see a fresh pool of players.

Plus, it should help Tosaint gain ground in the scoring race ?

52 minutes ago, matty said:

gonna be there. also for anyone who's like "shame they didn't use a cpl or non-big 3 market" do you think this would draw in winnipeg?

16 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

IIRC, last time Dominica got a decent amount of supporters which filled the North End of BMO. Should be a good game and a chance to see a fresh pool of players.

Plus, it should help Tosaint gain ground in the scoring race ?

This drew under 10 000 last time:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_CONCACAF_Second_Round#Canada_v_Dominica

North end turnout aside, as the numbers say, I don't recall much of a crowd at all for this one.

This would not sell well in Winnipeg + greater hotel/ transportation costs and more connecting flights for players.

Players like Hoilett will want to show up for this because it's a professional excuse to play in front of family and friends. Does he really want to take long flights in the middle of the Premier League season to play on a moderate-to-shit surface in Winnipeg in October? (Does he even know anybody there?).

5 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_CONCACAF_Second_Round#Canada_v_Dominica

North end turnout aside, as the numbers say, I don't recall much of a crowd at all for this one.

This would not sell well in Winnipeg + greater hotel/ transportation costs and more connecting flights for players.

Players like Hoilett will want to show up for this because it's a professional excuse to play in front of family and friends. Does he really want to take long flights in the middle of the Premier League season to play on a moderate-to-shit surface in Winnipeg in October? (Does he even know anybody there?).

I was at the match and recall the low overall turnout. I was moreso specifying that I was impressed there was so much away support, let alone any away support at all.

I agree though, such a small opponent wouldn't likely sell much anywhere else. 

8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I recall (was there). I think at this stage in the NL, playing it safe and sticking to Toronto makes sense at least financially for all parties. It's also likely easier travel for Dominica.

Has anyone been in contact with the CSA to ask about friendlies?  Love how they have a promo for Dominica but it makes me think that the rest of the year will be a lost cause.

If so, this must be the worst year for the cmnt in history. 1 friendly? Damn, I thought 2007 was bad.  And we just got announced as hosts.. FIFA must be like f these guys.

Who here has contact with the CSA?  How do we get a national news story out that tells everyone how pathetic we are? I’m sure many watched the national with phonz or the world cup and wondered about our MNT and then found out we play 3 matches a year against amateur teams and said screw this. 

18 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Has anyone been in contact with the CSA to ask about friendlies?  Love how they have a promo for Dominica but it makes me think that the rest of the year will be a lost cause.

If so, this must be the worst year for the cmnt in history. 1 friendly? Damn, I thought 2007 was bad.  And we just got announced as hosts.. FIFA must be like f these guys.

Who here has contact with the CSA?  How do we get a national news story out that tells everyone how pathetic we are? I’m sure many watched the national with phonz or the world cup and wondered about our MNT and then found out we play 3 matches a year against amateur teams and said screw this. 

I spoke with Findlay last year when he was interim. He said they were working to bring more games into Canada (which they did in 2017). I know they've over gone a massive change since and I think they wanna save money and stick to official games for a while.

4 hours ago, matty said:

gonna be there. also for anyone who's like "shame they didn't use a cpl or non-big 3 market" do you think this would draw in winnipeg?

Given that the MNT has stuck to the big 3 cities for quite a while now, I would think you'd be able to market the novelty of seeing them in another market.

Archived