David C.

Position Group: Centre Backs

Anyone follow Edgar on twitter etc??  Maybe there are some shots of him eating pies in Luton town or Shreswbury etc.  Might be trialing somewhere right now.

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Canada,  Sweden ,  Germany ,  Bosnia and if  Kosovo  gets its own team. 

Sadiki is eligible for 5 different teams?? Is that what your saying??

6 hours ago, jpg75 said:

That's right, he was born in Germany to Bosnian/Croatian parents. But how is he eligible for Sweden?

I have no idea how he’s eligible for Sweden but according to transfer market he is. 

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

I was surprised that Dunn got more playing time than Sadiki at the Toulon tournament. I think he only played 1 game? Only watched the highlights. How did he perform?

Me 2 ! I  thought he played really well 

18 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I was surprised that Dunn got more playing time than Sadiki at the Toulon tournament. I think he only played 1 game? Only watched the highlights. How did he perform?

This. I'm not totally sold on Dunn, his decision making and mobility are question marks for me. Sadiki seems much more solid as a pro prospect.

On 7/18/2018 at 9:12 AM, jpg75 said:

This. I'm not totally sold on Dunn, his decision making and mobility are question marks for me. Sadiki seems much more solid as a pro prospect.

And the weakest part of his game is positioning. He's plays deep, rides the centre line, and doesn't hold z14 properly. Add his mobility and decision making...those are three major holes for a CB to have in their game.

He's occasionally showed flashes of 1v1 defending and passing ability, but I don't really see why he's rated as highly as he is. I've had more informed soccer people than myself tell me he'll be an MLS starter, so go figure. He is still really young for a CB. 

Then again, TFCII is winless in 17 games so far this season. They are maybe the worst team in North American professional soccer history and Dunn-Johnson is a major contributing factor to that. Like, probably the worst starter on the team. If somebody gets past Okello on the left side, there's a good chance Dunn isn't even in position to attempt a tackle.

Hate to beat up on the kid and hope he proves me wrong, but I think we have a number of better CB prospects in the u20 age group.

Edited by harrycoyster

Is TFC2's overall record worse than FC Montreal now? An ignoble chapter in Canadian soccer history, to be sure. The VWFC2 playoff run under Alan Koch being the exception.

Edited by Dub Narcotic

2 hours ago, Dub Narcotic said:

Is TFC2's overall record worse than FC Montreal now? An ignoble chapter in Canadian soccer history, to be sure. The VWFC2 playoff run under Alan Koch being the exception.

TFC2- 19-15-49 (.86ppg)

VWC2- 25-24-41 (1.1ppg)

FCM- 15-6-37 (.88ppg)

So far this season, TFC2 is 0-3-14. In their last ten games they've allowed 3.4 goals per game and had 2.4 shots on target per game. Not exactly an ideal situation for developing talent. 

not ideal....but it's a weird trend when you notice that Babouli, Edwards, Telfer, Fraser, all have contributed some substantial minutes to the first team. That scenario is ideal. 

2 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

not ideal....but it's a weird trend when you notice that Babouli, Edwards, Telfer, Fraser, all have contributed some substantial minutes to the first team. That scenario is ideal. 

There is a difference between playing in MLS and being a starting calibre player in MLS. None of the players you've mentioned have locked down a spot in an MLS XI. To me that speaks to the gap that TFC has in its development system. If a player isn't ready for serious MLS minutes, but is too good/old for academy play, their options are to get 400 minutes a year with TFC or play noncompetitive games in USL. Neither are great for development. Hopefully USL3 solves that issue for all the Canadian teams.

3 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

TFC2- 19-15-49 (.86ppg)

VWC2- 25-24-41 (1.1ppg)

FCM- 15-6-37 (.88ppg)

So far this season, TFC2 is 0-3-14. In their last ten games they've allowed 3.4 goals per game and had 2.4 shots on target per game. Not exactly an ideal situation for developing talent. 

Ha ha, wow. And that French coach bailed on the team within a month. Really don't think the dedicated second teams have worked out any better than the USL affiliations overall.

It’s a tough position.  TFC3 is doing really good again in L1O and TFC 2 would be way to strong in L1O.

The problem is that most USL teams are filled with veteran D2 level players or fringe D1 players and not academy players.  The average age of the Ottawa Fury is about 26 and TFC2 is about 21 for example.

USL professional teams are trying to win games and attract fans.  Academy guys are just trying to get a call up and develop. That makes pro teams too seasoned for the young TFC2 guys and as a result just blow them up every week.  

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, SkuseisLoose said:

Mate that’s a bit rude just because how he talks. Maybe English isn’t his first language maybe he didn’t do great in a school. Don’t go around calling people autistic, because how they talk is annoying to you. 

Sorry snowflake, but autism is very real, and it's not an insult to be speaking of it as a possibility to explain someones behavior. I find it worst that very little people consider these things. My best friends girlfriend works with autistic people, I've met several people in my life with different levels of autism, and I've always respected them. I dont see why I wouldnt, do you?. And btw English isn't the language of my mother nor my wife, thank you.

2 hours ago, Shakmur said:

Sorry snowflake, but autism is very real, and it's not an insult to be speaking of it as a possibility to explain someones behavior. I find it worst that very little people consider these things. My best friends girlfriend works with autistic people, I've met several people in my life with different levels of autism, and I've always respected them. I dont see why I wouldnt, do you?. And btw English isn't the language of my mother nor my wife, thank you.

I know autism is real as my sister has it but it’s just plain rude to say someone like tg11 is autistic just because what he says is confusing at times. So how about you don’t be an ass and just ignore tg11 or me instead of resorting to name calling.

^^^....the reason why mods are needed @admin. You've done a lot but you can't do it on your own. A lot of people continue to be turned off for several valid reasons - but a structure is the main one.