General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

Always Canada relying on other results, nothing changes.  El Salvador got lucky on that goal, but the football gods would rather El Salvador be in the Hex than us.  TBH, If El Salvador ever get a quality striker they should be 3rd best in CONCACAF.  They missed so many chances in the 1st half.  And the way they protect the ball and make good passes, which Canada would incorporate more of that style in our game.

2 minutes ago, SirBobsaget said:

How fair is it that 2 nations playing in league B get to walk into the world cup qualifying round while 8 others who have rolled them over get no chance at it.

It's CONCACAF fair.

I don't think we are likely to be able to close the gap with El Salvador unless the D.R. delivers on Tuesday night. We really need a D.R. win now.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

Always Canada relying on other results, nothing changes.  El Salvador got lucky on that goal, but the football gods would rather El Salvador be in the Hex than us.  TBH, If El Salvador ever get a quality striker they should be 3rd best in CONCACAF.  They missed so many chances in the 1st half.  And the way they protect the ball and make good passes, which Canada would incorporate more of that style in our game.

El Salvador just got held for 90 minutes at home against a country of <5,000 people, not sure how there's any takeaway from that match that involves them being good.

I mean shit even we get results in El Salvador.

Edited by theaub

2 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

Not sure how you can watch that and come to the conclusion el salvador is one striker away from being third in Concacaf

3 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

It all comes down to Tuesday.

Dominican Republic still have plenty to play for.  They are fighting for that second spot in their group, so they can go to the Gold Cup qualifier playoffs.  They will need a result against El Salvador to hang onto that spot.

Just checked and they will be playing at Cuscatlan in San Salvador.  With playing at home, Refs showing home favouritism and beating them at home.  Don’t like those odds.  According to the spanish commentator El Salvador is undefeated at home.

edit:  El Salvador is maybe 1 quality striker and a #10 away from challenging Mexico and USA.  They actually remind me of Peru in the 1990’s.  Play very technical but lack quality players.  They showed flashes of brilliance and obviously breakdowns too.  If El Salvador is not 3rd than 4th for sure.  The El Salvadorean commentators were saying that Pinto, the CR coach that took them to the quarters was approached by El Salvador.  Seems this coach will be sacked soon.

Edited by nolbertos

Just now, lamptern said:

The soccer god is against us as usual again......

Not to be over dramatic but I'm almost at my breaking point like what am I doing to myself spending my Saturday night watching El Salvador vs Montserrat at the edge of my seat? Surely there's a more enjoyable way to spend my scarce free time? And even if Canada managed to stumble their way into a final 6 position we all know they would land in 5th with a final game result which saw them blow a sure top 3 finish .