General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

9 hours ago, Shway said:

Also remember we played a Mexico "b" team. No chucky, no Chicharito, no Tecatito and others. 

Mexico is miles ahead in Concacaf, but like @Olympique_de_Marseillesaid we are far behind the US.... We'll need a historical result. 

While they obviously have way more depth than us (population and the fact that we only just got a professional league makes it inevitable) but with how they’re playing right now I don’t think our first team is that far behind. We have a better keeper and attacking players (Zardes is still starting lmao) and a potential Arfield-Eustaquio-Kaye midfield isn’t going to be outclassed by theirs. The only thing that will screw us over could be our back line. 

Edited by Bdog

12 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Montserrat vs Dominican Republic just kicked off.  A stunning setting on a hilltop in the bright sunshine with the volcanic mountain on the right and the Atlantic Ocean on the horizon.  The English Championship's leading goalscorer Lyle Taylor starting upfront for Montserrat.  These are the two teams we need to take points off El Salvador.

Yes, it's a lovely, scenic place to play football, but is it any better than playing at Ambleside in West Van?

Update: Bermuda wins 2-0! Panama shutout at home, losing to a country ranked 100 places lower than they are. 

This is huge considering Panama's only other group stage matches are against Mexico. El Salvador will be cheering this result as much as we are.

Edited by jtpc

Dreadful slip ups against island

3 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

It's supposed to be a 25 coefficient for Nations League matches since it's a Gold Cup qualifier. So, it'S probably more than 18 points. But they would have also gained  2 more points in their first win. 

It was about 12 points with I=15. So around 18 for I=25

31 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

I wonder how much a draw against the US gets us and who we need to count on to slip up

Draw against the US gets us approx 5 points.  A win gets us 17 points. 

Panama is set to play Mexico twice in Oct and Nov, so they're basically out of our way.  We are ahead of them as of now on FIFA points.

It would be extremely helpful if El Salvador dropped points against anyone in their group, but its very unlikely given their opponents (St Lucia, Dominican Rep, and Montserrat).

Edited by BrennanFan