General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

3 hours ago, RS said:

Also the contract at BMO allows for the CSA to make more money / lose less money than at any other venue in the country.

Either way, I'm not convinced that a midweek October CNL match against the U.S. is a slam dunk sell out anywhere in Canada. There's literally no history to back it up.

Yes, that too. I typed out a bunch of reasons and deleted them because I would rather perform self surgery than see this discussion again.

BCPC I think takes all the revenue from concessions at Caps & Lions games.  Perhaps with a one off event you can negotiate something, but who knows.   I remember a post a while ago about some fantasy revenue from concession sales.... 

I did not mean to suggest that the USA game would be a sell out.  I just don't think it's going to have poor attendance, someone suggested 10K, and I'm like.... we alone have already sold 5% of that and as you say, the game is months away....

15 minutes ago, admin said:

Yes, that too. I typed out a bunch of reasons and deleted them because I would rather perform self surgery than see this discussion again.

Agreed. Better still, perhaps we could start a separate thread entitled "My Dick is Bigger Than Yours - Preferred Venue Discussion" where all that type of discussion could be transferred to so that this thread can be used to discuss the actual Nations League.

20 hours ago, admin said:

There is absolutely zero chance we get less than 15K for a game against the USA. 

This is a 20+ game for sure.

I smell a bet! I think we are under 20K. 

It's a tuesday in the fall. 

11 minutes ago, Califax said:

I smell a bet! I think we are under 20K. 

It's a tuesday in the fall. 

When you put it that way perhaps. 

I think I was over reacting to the other extreme. 

The south end is priced well, with TM tickets at $24 all in $22 with the double game option.   Not sure what the rest of the stadium is price wise.   Ours are $20.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

They will not buy tickets in our section.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying they can't, but they won't.    The AO are very organized.  They will have their own section, and the fans are just not that stupid/arrogant to buy tickets in another teams supporters section.  There are countries for which that is a problem for us, the US isn't one of them. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

Just to clarify, I'm not saying they can't, but they won't.    The AO are very organized.  They will have their own section, and the fans are just not that stupid/arrogant to buy tickets in another teams supporters section.  There are countries for which that is a problem for us, the US isn't one of them. 

This. The Americans are pretty flawless when it comes to this. 

However it might not matter. It's hard to take three days off for a game in a tourney you might not of heard of. 

Short of the fly in fly out crowd, we won't get the buses from NY CHI and CMB.

It's kind cool for us. Thanksgiving Monday into a game on Tuesday. Way easier to justify travel to Toronto for a free day for Canadians. 

We should probably bring three or four new guys in the fold for the Cuba matches.

I think the following deserve consideration:

• Stephen Eustáquio - he's probably a shoe in already when he gets healthy
  • Tristan Borges - impressed the most in the CPL so far
  • Liam Fraser - central midfield doesn't seem like an issue going forward but we can test him out
  • Jacob Shaffelburg - Had a really strong mid-week game and if he keeps it up, he might warrant a call up
  • Richie Laryea - Might be worth considering for the right back role
  • Diyaeddine Abzi - Could solve our left back problems
Edited by Macksam

2 minutes ago, Macksam said:

We should probably bring three or four new guys in the fold for the Cuba matches.

• Stephen Eustáquio - he's probably a shoe in already when he gets healthy
  • Liam Fraser - central midfield doesn't seem like an issue going forward but we can test him out
  • Jacob Shaffelburg - Had a really strong mid-week game and if he keeps it up, he might warrant a call up
  • Richie Laryea - Might be worth considering for the right back role

What about James. Cordova. Adekugbe?

Edited by king1010

29 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Manjrekar James? I was specifically referring to new guys. A guy like him who already has caps is a given.

Cordova should be looked at.

Which Adekugbe?

O new guys. My bad. Misunderstood then. O just wanted to see some defenders who werent part of gold cup included in nations league. 

My 23 today:

GK- Milan Borjan | SRB / FK Crvena zvezda (Red Star Belgrade)
GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- Jayson Leutwiler | ENG / Blackburn Rovers
CB- Derek Cornelius | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Doneil Henry | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Kamal Miller | USA / Orlando City SC
CB - Manjekar James | DEN |  FC Midtjylland
FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | CAN / Impact de Montréal

FB- Juan Córdova | CHI / Club Deportivo Huachipato
FB- Samuel Adekeugbe | NOR / Vålerenga
M- Scott Arfield | SCO / Glasgow Rangers FC

M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
M- Stephen Eustáquio | MEX / Cruz Azul
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Los Angeles FC
M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
F- Lucas Cavallini | MEX / Puebla FC
F- Jonathan David | BEL / KAA Gent
F- Cyle Larin | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
W- Alphonso Davies | GER / FC Bayern München
W- David Junior Hoilett | WAL / Cardiff City FC
W- Liam Millar | ENG / Liverpool FC U-23

IMO we should actively recruit Cristián Gutiérrez and bring in Greg Ranjitsingh. 

On 6/30/2019 at 11:45 AM, Macksam said:

Love these guys listed. But the thing is for me, Borges or Shaffelburg shouldn't play over any of our current attackers. We are good there whether its Hoilett, Millar, Davies, Tabla, and shit lets put David back to his normal position. 

Abzi while has been verrrrrrry impressive to me, he should be in the u23 along with the other guys. But will we have an U23 camp/friendly for these players to showcase themselves? Won't hold my breathe.

Edited by Shway

4 hours ago, Shway said:

My 23 today:

GK- Milan Borjan | SRB / FK Crvena zvezda (Red Star Belgrade)
GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- Jayson Leutwiler | ENG / Blackburn Rovers
CB- Derek Cornelius | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Doneil Henry | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Kamal Miller | USA / Orlando City SC
CB - Manjekar James | DEN |  FC Midtjylland
FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | CAN / Impact de Montréal

FB- Juan Córdova | CHI / Club Deportivo Huachipato
FB- Samuel Adekeugbe | NOR / Vålerenga
M- Scott Arfield | SCO / Glasgow Rangers FC

M- Atiba Hutchinson | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
M- Stephen Eustáquio | MEX / Cruz Azul
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Los Angeles FC
M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
F- Lucas Cavallini | MEX / Puebla FC
F- Jonathan David | BEL / KAA Gent
F- Cyle Larin | TUR / Beşiktaş JK
W- Alphonso Davies | GER / FC Bayern München
W- David Junior Hoilett | WAL / Cardiff City FC
W- Liam Millar | ENG / Liverpool FC U-23

IMO we should actively recruit Cristián Gutiérrez and bring in Greg Ranjitsingh. 

Beautiful squad!  Not sure I would change a single player.  Perhaps, Tabla can come back strong.  Gutierrez & Tomori would be excellent additions.  I love that Cordova can play both outside back positions and even out wide on the wing.  His diversity alone should have him in this squad.  Also really watching the progress of Laryea out wide for TFC.  To me he has been the surprise of the season for the squad.

Edited by Corazon

• 2 weeks later...

Since we're talking about when the intercontinental playoff draw will be done in the 2022 WCQ threads, it made me think of another placeholder draw that hasn't happened yet: The draw to determine which League A group winners will face each other in the semi-finals for the Nations League. Is CONCACAF waiting to see who might emerge as group winners before telling us what the semi-final matchups could be? 😉 I wonder if the higher ups want to take a similar approach to this as the Gold Cup, where they don't want to have the potential of Mexico and the US meeting until the final. If so, I wonder if a draw will even be done or if they will just announce what the matchups are between 1A, 1B, 1C, and 1D. Who knows with CONCACAF. It could be a bit of a silver lining being in Group A with the US. If they want to try and avoid a potential Mexico/US matchup before the final, they wouldn't put 1A with 1B in a semi-final. From a FIFA ranking point perspective, wouldn't it be nice to win the group and know that your semi-final opponent was going to either be 1C or 1D and not Mexico.

Edited by jtpc