Sébastien

General - CONCACAF Nations League

42 minutes ago, umpiredice said:

Assuming the above schedule is correct, does anyone know actual dates that these games would be taking place? I'd like to start thinking about saving up money for a trip to Cuba!

The international window will be from September 2nd to the 10th; so you'd probably expect the games to be played on the 6th and 10th, give or take a day.

https://img.fifa.com/image/upload/jt0d6qoqwqwbp5sbofoc.pdf

Posted (edited)

Please for the love of Kawhi schedule games during our two one game windows against other teams in the same situation from group A.  Let’s give a chance to some of the younger guys against good competition and start to develop some team chemistry.

Edited by Club Linesman

Crucial to get off to a good (perfect) start. If we can do that we have a shot.  And I wouldn’t hold your breath on other friendlies in the fall windows - we all know the CSA only plays when forced to.

On May 21, 2019 at 10:35 AM, Ansem said:

IMG_20190521_113407.jpg

Something does not fit with the time of the game in Havana. Normally the matches at Pedro Marrero are in daylight, since the stadium has no lights. Lighting has not worked for a long time.

3 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

Something does not fit with the time of the game in Havana. Normally the matches at Pedro Marrero are in daylight, since the stadium has no lights. Lighting has not worked for a long time.

That is very true and I will add Cuba would want to play this match in the stifling afternoon heat as they did in 2012, it was a real advantage for them, it was crazy hot for us supporters, I couldn't imagine having to play football in that!

I feel as though the game start times are being set by CONCACAF to ensure 'prime-time' coverage during the international windows, regardless of where they are playing*.

*obviously there will be changes to start times as not all stadiums are of the same quality in CONCACAF

1 hour ago, canta15 said:

It also weird that our home games are listed at a set time considering we don’t know where they will be. 

While we don't know where the games will be, CONCACAF might.

22 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Based on those times im saying v Cuba in Winnipeg and v USA in Toronto

The game in Cuba could be anywhere honestly if the time is set in stone. Its on a Saturday so there is a lot of flexibility

7 hours ago, canta15 said:

The game in Cuba could be anywhere honestly if the time is set in stone. Its on a Saturday so there is a lot of flexibility

I can't really see a 9 pm kick-off in Halifax - which is surely more deserving of finally getting a match.

Though as pointed out, the kick-off time can't be set in stone, given they've scheduled night games in countries where they can't play at night ...

Posted (edited)

After the  historic moment of  qualifying  to  the World Cup Mexico 1986 in St. John's  Newfoundland, the Maritimers have been forgotten. My bet is that both games will be in Toronto (I hope to lose the bet) ;)

Edited by xabuep2

On 5/22/2019 at 7:51 AM, Yoginess said:

I like the way the schedule shaped up. IF we can take care of business against Cuba. It puts a ton of pressure on the US and they will have to play us on 4 days rest.

Agree, and we'll be playing at home and they will have to travel during their 4 day rest.