Charles-Andres Brym

Vince193

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Le-losc-prete-charles-andreas-brym-a-belenenses/1042126

You were right, on loan for the season. I love this move, great league to develop in. 

Only saw your previous post now. Lille has a few really good followers like ALLEZ LIlle who are pretty up to date on this stuff, so that's how i caught it. He had actually played on the 6th for Belenenses and I had posted in Canadians abroad thread for that week. He had a very good second half of the season at Lille so hopefully this jump starts his career.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Only saw your previous post now. Lille has a few really good followers like ALLEZ LIlle who are pretty up to date on this stuff, so that's how i caught it. He had actually played on the 6th for Belenenses and I had posted in Canadians abroad thread for that week. He had a very good second half of the season at Lille so hopefully this jump starts his career.

Lille is also my team because my son worked in there for the last few years.  I've been to a few games in the stadium and watched others at a supporters bar there. Both Lille and Lyon (LOSC and OL) have really good youth development systems. Hazard, Cheyroux brothers, Payet, Pavard, etc., all came through the Lille system.

10 hours ago, Bikerack said:

interested to see if he gets playing time in a really good league this year and if he does, where does that put him on the CMNT depth chart?

A good season puts him up there ahead of all but 2 i think, and 3 if Larin has a good season. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't score. I was actually reasonably impressed from what I saw though.

He didn't look raw, which is good. He was comfortable and confident with the ball at his feet. Took on some defenders.

Looked very energetic. Ran down defenders a lot. Also tracked back very deep , twice collecting a loose ball and at 1 point bringing the ball all the way to the box.

Small sample but looked good. Hopefully gets more opportunities.

Edited by Colliedor

2 hours ago, Colliedor said:

Didn't score. I was actually reasonably impressed from what I saw though.

He didn't look raw, which is good. He was comfortable and confident with the ball at his feet. Took on some defenders.

Looked very energetic. Ran down defenders a lot. Also tracked back very deep , twice collecting a loose ball and at 1 point bringing the ball all the way to the box.

Small sample but looked good. Hopefully gets more opportunities.

Did he play upfront or wide?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

From the article:

In sporting terms, Excel will have the possibility of welcoming young elements belonging to LOSC, as was the case during the first romance between the two clubs. "For example those who have been loaned to the training of Portuguese D1 from Belenenses, goalkeeper Hervé Koffi, Show circles and Imad Faraj, striker Charles-Andreas Brym," reports L'Équipe. This season, five Lille elements have been loaned to Belenenses, with which Lille has set up a partnership

I don't see a confirmation in this article, but it sounds very promising. I hope it happens because I think he has the talent to play in the Belgian First Division A.  

Edited by Obinna

57 minutes ago, Ivan said:

I thought the Belgian FA ruled that both teams in the promotion playoff will go up when they cancelled the season?  The Belgian First Division will increase by 2 teams - no one relegated?

If you saw that info from Canucks Abroad, I believe they got it wrong at first and then corrected themselves. I still don't know what the final decision is though.

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

I thought the Belgian FA ruled that both teams in the promotion playoff will go up when they cancelled the season?  The Belgian First Division will increase by 2 teams - no one relegated?

No, that was one option that was mentioned by some clubs. Right now, the plan is that either a) They play the return leg of the playoff and the winner is promoted b) They don't play it and another team gets promoted.

However, it's far from decided, because this is going to court and we should have a ruling on the 17 about that from Waasland Beveren who were relegated from the first division. So, it all depends on what happens. 

14 hours ago, Aird25 said:

If you saw that info from Canucks Abroad, I believe they got it wrong at first and then corrected themselves. I still don't know what the final decision is though.

Can't remember where I read it, but it was probably linked to this site.  Don't remember seeing a correction.  Anyway, thanks for the clarification guys.