Saskatoon CanPL

9 hours ago, vancanman said:

3/4 of that is beautiful.  

Each rendering that comes out seems to have a bit more stadium added to it.  Maybe there'll be a stand on the other end on the blueprints by the time they get around to building the thing.

There are stands on all 4’sides. It’s just the one on the right is small and not covered

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2021 at 8:49 AM, An Observer said:

There are stands on all 4’sides. It’s just the one on the right is small and not covered

Ah, so there is.  I couldn't see it without my glasses on.  I presume the plan is for it to be more visible in person.  It looks like the steps up to the house I grew up in.  

To me, that thing is to grandstand what shopping trolley is to sports car.

Edited by vancanman

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 3:38 AM, toontownman said:

Living Sky looking for feedback! Show some love if you have a minute on FB or Twitter to comment. The roof must remain imo. But the pond returns so it's a win. 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/livingskysports/photos/a.111715447653152/148917147266315/

Twitter:

image.png.c5c03924595b83c41c2438740105f3d6.png

At first glance, this looks like a rendering of the effects of global warming:  A stadium on the seaside in Saskatchewan.

PCL sure does some dodgy work.  The roof's fallen off one end, and someone's nicked the staircase from the other end a couple of years before the team kicks its first ball.

Nope, definitely keep the roof, and bring the staircase back.

Edited by vancanman
Because the idiots at Smellcheck have no clue what they're doing

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, DontPanic said:

Come on Saskatchewan. Great people in that province deserve a team (or 2).

would be so good for the growth of the league. Would he sell the rights for the 2nd team if it takes off? 

Think he would have them both. Seems sketchy but Bob can do it so I guess it will fly. 

Looks like Saskatoon won't be until 2024, IF it passes council and gets money, then it will be trying to get money from the Province. All being well with that, construction could start in 2022. Doubt its done for 2023. Just need to get over the first hurdle in getting funding and approval from City of Saskatoon. If we get that I am sure the Province will follow. We are talking a total stadium cost of 21m, 30max. Mosaic was nearly 300m, new library in Saskatoon will be 150m. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...