harrycoyster

General Discussion on Canadian Youth Teams

I watched a Whitecaps development team (average age, 18) play a friendly against an Isthmian League team (currently 5th in the English 6th tier) last night. Simon Colyn looked okay, but the kid who's really special is 15-year-old Kamron Habibullah. He's not big, nor is he exceptionally fast, but he's got unbelievable quality as a player. 

4 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I watched a Whitecaps development team (average age, 18) play a friendly against an Isthmian League team (currently 5th in the English 6th tier) last night. Simon Colyn looked okay, but the kid who's really special is 15-year-old Kamron Habibullah. He's not big, nor is he exceptionally fast, but he's got unbelievable quality as a player. 

Apparently the WhiteCaps rate him as a 5 star prospect.

Isthmian League Premier Division is 7th tier not 6th..surely if he goes pro Afghanistan will try to get him and with asian cup now at 24 teams could be interesting for him

15 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Isthmian League Premier Division is 7th tier not 6th..surely if he goes pro Afghanistan will try to get him and with asian cup now at 24 teams could be interesting for him

I don’t think we have to worry to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I don’t think we have to worry to be honest. 

Do you know whats the story??  Family came over from Afghanistan recently or just Afghan roots?  

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Do you know whats the story??  Family came over from Afghanistan recently or just Afghan roots?  

I didn't get to speak to him at the game on Tuesday night, but from afar, he looks and acts like any other 15-year-old kid from Vancouver, albeit one with exceptional football talent.

With the U17's qualifying for the World Cup, it would be interesting to see if we can get 2003 Toronto born forward Lucas Dias on board. He plays for the Sporting CP academy and has been called-up to the Portugal U16 national team before. We do have a strong midfield and forward group, but from what I've heard, Dias is very highly touted and it would be a good opportunity to cap him. Also of note, Portugal did not qualify for this tournament, so we would not have to compete with them to give Dias a call-up. 

On 5/16/2019 at 8:53 PM, Jith12 said:

With the U17's qualifying for the World Cup, it would be interesting to see if we can get 2003 Toronto born forward Lucas Dias on board. He plays for the Sporting CP academy and has been called-up to the Portugal U16 national team before. We do have a strong midfield and forward group, but from what I've heard, Dias is very highly touted and it would be a good opportunity to cap him. Also of note, Portugal did not qualify for this tournament, so we would not have to compete with them to give Dias a call-up. 

Dias has signed a professional contract with Sporting. I really hope that we can get him on board for the U17WC, he seems like a very good prospect.