FC Edmonton launch/2019 offseason thread

Heads up this just took 15 minutes to make, but I think it is a good start. Let me know what you think I need to change. The light blue matches up with the slice in the crest. I've always like doing things like that. I made a Galaxy mock up where the sash lined up with the logo like that and I've always wanted to see a team make it a reality. It's simple but completely unique. 

Nike_FCE_H_PRES.thumb.png.5969d3aa32a3be87f1ef33d596d67405.png

3 hours ago, Xavier said:

Heads up this just took 15 minutes to make, but I think it is a good start. Let me know what you think I need to change. The light blue matches up with the slice in the crest. I've always like doing things like that. I made a Galaxy mock up where the sash lined up with the logo like that and I've always wanted to see a team make it a reality. It's simple but completely unique. 

Yes! This is awesome. I love the bones of the jersey. Maybe incorporating a white stripe or a couple stripes somewhere. I know the old fc Edmonton jerseys had diagonal pinstripes. Maybe A white stripe down the seam under the arms? I really have no idea what I’m talking about...

4 hours ago, Xavier said:

Could you make "Rexall" off-centre to match their lopsided crest? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeff Paulus said in an interview recently (I think it was a French newspaper)

That he plans on giving opportunities and playing time to 18-19 & 20 Year olds.

Tbh I don’t know how I feel about that, on one end it’s great but it’s important to have a mix of youth and experience

I guess if the goal is to produce these guys and get them prepared for their future perhaps with the U20/U23 Team and MNT then it’s good 

But you also have to aspire to be competitive in the league otherwise he won’t have a job for much longer

Combination of players is what matters 

6 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Jeff Paulus said in an interview recently (I think it was a French newspaper)

That he plans on giving opportunities and playing time to 18-19 & 20 Year olds.

Tbh I don’t know how I feel about that, on one end it’s great but it’s important to have a mix of youth and experience

I guess if the goal is to produce these guys and get them prepared for their future perhaps with the U20/U23 Team and MNT then it’s good 

But you also have to aspire to be competitive in the league otherwise he won’t have a job for much longer

Combination of players is what matters 

I didn’t hear/read the interview you are referring to, but what you claim he said doesn’t mean there won’t be a mix of youth and experience. Giving playing time to young players doesn’t mean he will exclusively give time to young players.

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

I didn’t hear/read the interview you are referring to, but what you claim he said doesn’t mean there won’t be a mix of youth and experience. Giving playing time to young players doesn’t mean he will exclusively give time to young players.

Right right 

He must have meant that he will give opportunities to young players but it won’t be all the roster is made by 

Might as well throw my predictions up here... I'm thinking Fordyce will be back (has a bunch of brand new FIFA coaching certs under his belt now too... could come in very handy), I think there's a solid chance for Ameobi (married someone from St Albert, and JUST had a child, so plenty of reasons to want to play close to family again).

Allan Zebie is almost a lock... he's been practicing with the Academy pretty much all year.

Doe and Dukuly most likely will be back. When Jeff Paulus was on the Loyal Co of the River Valley podcast just after he was announced as coach, he mentioned both of them if I recall correctly. 
There's plenty of young talent on the Academy that I think Jeff will call up as well. Someone like Prince Amanda would fit right into the wing/striker role, especially as an understudy to either Fordyce or Ameobi. 

I think there's a serious shot at seeing players that are still out there come back as well... Mallan Roberts for example, or even Hanson Boakai (particularly if he's matured past where he was several years ago). 

Agreed. After all of Hanson struggles in Europe why not continue to play out his contract in finland and see where he can go from there. I would switch nationalities if i am hanson after u23 canada cycle i would switch nationalities. He no longer in the picture of senior national team. 

Make sense Tomi Amoebi would be back then. Didn't know they had a baby. Didn't prince amanda have a brother who played with the whitecaps2 .. 

12 minutes ago, yothat said:

Agreed. After all of Hanson struggles in Europe why not continue to play out his contract in finland and see where he can go from there. I would switch nationalities if i am hanson after u23 canada cycle i would switch nationalities. He no longer in the picture of senior national team. 

Make sense Tomi Amoebi would be back then. Didn't know they had a baby. Didn't prince amanda have a brother who played with the whitecaps2 .. 

Gloire Amanda is now in the NCAA with Oregon State.

According to a video interview with Jeff paulus, Fc Edmonton plans on running a U-21 reserve team in the AMSL. This is contingent on the academy gaining promotion this week. They won the first game 4-0 against Victoria, so unless they are blown out in leg 2 it sounds like we will have a reserve squad next year. Jeff says it’s a good place for players to train when returning from injury as well. 

Personally I think funding a reserve side at a decent level is the number one thing to look for in terms of player development. I am proud to be an Fc Edmonton fan as they extend their commitment to developing players even past the age of 18.

Edited by BenFisk'sBiggestFan

• 2 weeks later...

Article from the Belfast Telegraph :

Footballers' Lives with Daryl Fordyce

"Q. Where will you resume your career?

A. I'm 31 and still want to play. Canada is my long-term home and I was pleased to see Edmonton have been resurrected with the new Canadian League starting next April. I'm talking to a few teams at the moment but still waiting on Luka's passport so can't go anywhere yet. It looks like we will stay in Canada.

One team might give me the Under-16 Academy to run as well as joining the first-team backroom staff. I could still play as well and it would be a nice start to my coaching career."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/footballers-lives-with-daryl-fordyce-painful-loss-has-made-me-stronger-and-escaping-belfast-bubble-was-type-of-experience-life-is-all-about-37338780.html

https://the11.ca/edwini-bonsu-set-to-play-for-fce-in-al-classico/

FCE’s Al Classico Roster

GK Dylon Powley – FC Gute (Sweden)

GK Will Sykes – Lincoln FC (Gibraltar)

D Jackson Farmer – Calgary Foothills FC (PDL)

D Andre Bona – CS Longueuil (PLSQ)

D Kevin Bandundi – CS Mont-Royal Outremont (PLSQ)

D Patrick Zsamzimfura – CS Mont-Royal Outremont (PLSQ)

D Marcus Lees – Sigma FC (League1 Ontario)

D Isiah Tekie – FC Edmonton Academy

D Luke Withers – FC Edmonton Academy

D Carson Janzen – FC Edmonton Academy

D Zsombor Sarok – FC Edmonton Academy

M Allan Zebie – FC Edmonton

M Ajay Khabra – University of Alberta/Green and Gold (USports/AMSL)

M Bruno Zebie – Calgary Foothills FC (PDL)

M Edem Mortotsi – Green and Gold (AMSL)

F Randy Edwini-Bonsu – FC 08 Homburg (Germany)

F Amer Halilic – NK Vitez/Korona Kielce (Bosnia/Poland)

F Marcus Velado-Tsegaye – FC Edmonton Academy

F Prince Amanda – FC Edmonton Academy

F Ousman Maheshe – FC Edmonton Academy

Edited by Thomas

Nice to see some PLSQ players there. It feels like it gets looked over a lot, at least in English media/boards, even though they have been competitive with L1O when they have played each other (including I think 2 wins out of I think 4 matchups).

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone from Edmonton provide an update on the stadium situation? Has there been any further news regarding Clarke? Upgrades, funding, cooperation with the Eskimos and minor/highschool football? There has been news on other stadiums and plans for the 7 teams, just haven't heard much on Edmonton for awhile!  Thanks in advance.