FC Edmonton launch/2019 offseason thread

21 Year old CB - Noah Cunningham reportedly signed for a developmental contract to preserve his eligibility and finish his studies, has been a First team XI for the U of A and received recognition from the CIS West conference. Former U-18 with canada back in 2014. Entering his (senior) 4th and final year in September, was USports Championship MVP in the 2016 Final

Edited by Blackjack15

2 hours ago, shamrock said:

So other teams can sign drafted players from other teams? Or is it a polite way of saying he didn't get a contract in Calgary which freed the way so to speak for FCE to sign him?

I think Edmonton spun this a bit. Wheeldon had said that there was only room for them to sign one of Ongaro or Bitar. Cavalry then signed Bitar and had a full roster

So what’s the story with Clarke Stadium watching that spot on your local news it seems there are some obstacles regarding updating Clarke Stadium and making it more of a soccer specific stadium and opposition coming from the pointy ball people and the Edmonton Eskimos not looking like the pointy ball people and the CFL Eskimos not showing much love for soccer and FC Edmonton? Maybe it’s time FC Edmonton just get out of Clarke Stadium so they don’t have to put up with these guys, if I recall even in FC Edmonton days in the NASL I kept reading and hearing squawking from the pointy ball guys and the Eskimos whenever the Faiths tried to make Clarke Stadium more soccer friendly, it’s 2019 not the 1970’s that soccer still has to deal with this kind of stuff ?