FC Edmonton launch/2019 offseason thread

1 hour ago, Soccerpro said:

I actually really like the Eddies roster. Time will tell if I'm wrong, but I rate them as a top 3-4 club in the league. Paulus is getting players he's familiar with, many of whom are experienced with the North American game, including travel.

Calgary are in a similar situation. Just like Edmonton they have a core of the squad from foothills who know the manager and vice versa and have a winning mentality. 

Halifax are another unknown commodity players wise and what they lack from past and prior relationships they gain from having the most experienced manager in the league. 

The other teams all have intriguing and stronger looking rosters on paper that with the right gelling or player excelling could see them come out on top.

Without being cliche to the entire focal point of the CPL marketing being based around telling stories, the storylines to this first season are going to be as intriguing as it gets. Despite being openly gutted about no sask team yet and worrying about whether it was possible to be a neutral fan of something, I cant wait for the ride!

Got my email for Edmonton flex packs. I checked the sales online, and so far of their reserve seat sections over it seems like around 75% blacked out. I checked the tickets on a Wednesday game, so I am assuming most of the blacked out seats are seasons memberships. I think we will see a lot of packed games this year in Edmonton.

https://fcedmonton.canpl.ca/article/see-where-were-at-fce-cavs-to-meet-in-pre-season-friendly?fbclid=IwAR2thkNUrZCYkxuHpliF4ZjHDv77gyXHJAWIkBGKc5d2NUHFlifFsZt9wkg

FCE are playing a pre-season game against the Cavalry and have a Sigma FC player, David Velastegui, in on trial for one last left-sided player roster spot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Velastegui

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

Hello,

during Easter break, I will travel to Calgary and I'm thinking about goin to Edmonton for a day. Do you know if there will be any event (fans or club) during this week-end, I know that FC Edmonton is supposed to be in Vancouver to play against Whitecaps U-23

On 3/24/2019 at 10:30 PM, Soccerpro said:

I actually really like the Eddies roster. Time will tell if I'm wrong, but I rate them as a top 3-4 club in the league. Paulus is getting players he's familiar with, many of whom are experienced with the North American game, including travel.

A bold call in a 7 team league.

The rally rabbit appeared in the early days of FC Edmonton when they were playing the impact in the Canadian championship. FC Edmonton was down, then after the rabbit showed up, they "rallied" to win. 

After that the rally rabbit became a symbol for the club. First on tifos and eventually making its way onto the jersey. It really was a fan driven icon of the club. Everyone cheers when the rally rabbit shows up at the games, which happens fairly often.

Lately the rally rabbit has also become a symbol of FC Edmonton coming back. It was the main icon of the supporters push to bring FC Edmonton back. Essentially it is now the symbol of FC Edmonton almost as much as the logo is. It's a symbol of risiliance almost. I'm glad is is so prominent on the jersey.

1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

The rally rabbit appeared in the early days of FC Edmonton when they were playing the impact in the Canadian championship. FC Edmonton was down, then after the rabbit showed up, they "rallied" to win. 

After that the rally rabbit became a symbol for the club. First on tifos and eventually making its way onto the jersey. It really was a fan driven icon of the club. Everyone cheers when the rally rabbit shows up at the games, which happens fairly often.

Lately the rally rabbit has also become a symbol of FC Edmonton coming back. It was the main icon of the supporters push to bring FC Edmonton back. Essentially it is now the symbol of FC Edmonton almost as much as the logo is. It's a symbol of risiliance almost. I'm glad is is so prominent on the jersey.

Thanks, such an awesome story and part of what makes this league authentic. 

I'm always curious when I see or hear odd nicknames for clubs in Europe. When you look them up it's always similar stories from decades ago!