FC Edmonton launch/2019 offseason thread

10 hours ago, coach_86 said:

Edem has physically gotten stronger and much faster since his last stint with FCE when he was a 19,20 year old. He also did not get along or fit into Colin's playing style and went on trials in Sweden, he ended up picking up a serious achilles injury prior to signing a contract in Sweden and has been rehabbing and training hard for a moment like this. Edem will shock the league with his play this upcoming season. 

Well, lets hope so. He has a big mountain to climb but hey, I honestly hope he proves me wrong. 

On 2/6/2019 at 2:59 AM, Zem said:

They are chasing the league title this year, which they have never won and Albert Watson would have played for their manager previously when he was at Linfield, so not too surprising. Daryl Fordyce had a trial with Linfield last month as well as the Ballymena tryout mentioned in the article, so looks like he will probably be playing for somebody in Northern Ireland soon as well.

It’s exciting that FC Edmonton has a full enough roster that every position can be filled. Bruno Zebie is not typically a right back, but has played there in the past and same goes for Moses at CB. This is a roster which I am extremely excited about actually, i have been hoping Edmonton would look like this for a while.

762027D1-5EF3-4BB0-949B-2FD07D42F082.jpeg

Edited by BenFisk'sBiggestFan

Mortotsi will be higher up the pitch than that. Look for Allen and Yongchan as the two work horses in the middle. They'll be non stop pressing and closing down the ball. Hopefully they bring in a LB...............also look for mortotsi to be one of the better players in that roster this coming season.

14 minutes ago, coach_86 said:

Mortotsi will be higher up the pitch than that. Look for Allen and Yongchan as the two work horses in the middle. They'll be non stop pressing and closing down the ball. Hopefully they bring in a LB...............also look for mortotsi to be one of the better players in that roster this coming season.

I agree, Mortotsi is more the creative guy in the midfield. So he will be further up the pitch. I just needed to plug the d-mid position. And I totally agree about him being one of the better players. In my opinion, Mortotsi will be the biggest surprise to everyone in the league.

And I agree that Allen should be the workhorse in the middle, that is where he thrived before. But I am pretty sure I remember Jeff saying he would be using Allen as a fullback.

1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I agree, Mortotsi is more the creative guy in the midfield. So he will be further up the pitch. I just needed to plug the d-mid position. And I totally agree about him being one of the better players. In my opinion, Mortotsi will be the biggest surprise to everyone in the league.

And I agree that Allen should be the workhorse in the middle, that is where he thrived before. But I am pretty sure I remember Jeff saying he would be using Allen as a fullback.

Fair enough. At least it's nice to see that we have multiple players that can play in more than 1 position this season. I see a lot of variations of a 4-3-3 from Jeff and his staff. We will need at least one more CB.

FC Edmonton announced Friday it has signed three Academy products to first team deals.

David Doe, Prince Amanda, and Marcus Velado-Tsegaye have all inked contracts to join the main squad ahead of the inaugural Canadian Premier League season. All three have previously been part of Canada Soccer youth identification camps.

47 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Played across the US, has scored against Canada, has played against FCE but never in Canada?

Are we sure the Reds are referring to Canada? What is Paulus' favourite Premier League club? Could have scored against Liverpool in a friendly or something

12 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

Are we sure the Reds are referring to Canada? What is Paulus' favourite Premier League club? Could have scored against Liverpool in a friendly or something

Just checked and it is Liverpool.. 

Amarikwa?  Have no idea about other Liverpool friendlies. 

Just now, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Problem is I don't this Amerikwa has ever played against FCE?

Could be preseason in the states though.  Did Edmonton ever play Colorado, TFC, Chicago or San Jose in preseason? 

There can’t be many guys who have played in MLS and who have scored against Liverpool. Amarikwa and Edgar are the only two I can think of (not thinking of huge name players like Ibra). 

5 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Could be preseason in the states though.  Did Edmonton ever play Colorado, TFC, Chicago or San Jose in preseason? 

There can’t be many guys who have played in MLS and who have scored against Liverpool. Amarikwa and Edgar are the only two I can think of (not thinking of huge name players like Ibra). 

Just looked through all of Amarikwa's former teams - none have played FCE during the years with him on the roster

6 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Could also be a player who scored against Liverpool in a friendly while playing in another country, then made the move to the US

At first thought it seems like Edgar. But it talks about playing against FC Edmonton not in Canada. So it wouldn’t be him. I looked through the Deltas roster(east and west), and i don’t believe it is any of them.

another thing to consider: I doubt it is a forward or winger. Fc Edmonton is full up front. They need more players in Mid and defence. 

Edited by BenFisk'sBiggestFan