Best XI

Addona

12 hours ago, yothat said:

why is larin in these list. He's great professional soccer futboler

terrible canadian soccer player. 

I dunno. Why is Cavallini, who doesn't show up and when he does doesn't score, on these lists? Oh I know, we have all of 5~ guys up front.

• 3 months later...

With Tabla in the mix, our best 11 and formation is now totally up in the air.  Its a versatile team with many moving parts.  I can't wait for the Gold Cup.  With this team, and our deep bench, anything is possible.

-------------Cavallini----Larin

-----------------------Tabla

Davies------Atiba-----Arfield-----Hoilett

------DeJong----Henry----Jakovic

----------------------Borjan

41 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

With Tabla in the mix, our best 11 and formation is now totally up in the air.  Its a versatile team with many moving parts.  I can't wait for the Gold Cup.  With this team, and our deep bench, anything is possible.

I really like that lineup but im just scared it'll be easy for other teams to exploit us defensively

42 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Was thinking about this shortly after I read the news today.  I admit that i haven't seen Tabla play a whole lot - but based on what everyone is saying and where he is playing I am a huge fan of the idea of him.  But is it safe to assume he absolutely walks into our starting 11?  Hard on Osorio if he is the one dropped to make way during what is obviously the strongest period of his career. But no one else in our midfield is really touchable assuming everyone is healthy.

Great problem to have.  Wish we had the same kind of issues in defence.

51 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

I think Osorio has earned the start until Tabla can take it from him

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

That is a terrible defensive team. We might score 2 goals, but we'd give up 4 every game.

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Davies------Atiba-----Arfield-----Hoilett are all quite responsible defensively.

This.... Ive been watching every Cardiff game, because of Hoilett.... And my God does he doing a lot of tracking back. I've barely seen him get on the attack, so it's definitely something he could do. 

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Switch Henry and Jakovic, and Tabla for Osario... that would be my best 11. Either way though, I'm getting really excited about this team!

With his age and injuries I think Atiba isn’t in our best XI anymore and Piette has probably passed him at this point.

Also as good as a prostpect Tabla is, right now Osorio is our best attacking midfielder.  He has to take the spot and Osorio has it and is in his prime.

At the moment I think our best formation is 3-5-2 and our best XI is as follows:

Cavalini       Larin

Osorio        

Davies                           Hoilett

Piette         Arfield 

James     Vitoria    Henry

Borjan 

I put Vitoria in the middle of James and Henry because as a central guy with his in box skills I think he’s the best there right now.

32 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

This.... Ive been watching every Cardiff game, because of Hoilett.... And my God does he doing a lot of tracking back. I've barely seen him get on the attack, so it's definitely something he could do. 

Cardiff give up so much possession. He's had to do a ton of defending this season.

7 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

With his age and injuries I think Atiba isn’t in our best XI anymore and Piette has probably passed him at this point.

Did you see his first match of the year v Fenerbache? Guy was a vacuum cleaner in the midfield. Should have been MOTM. Definitely the first name on my team sheet if he is willing and able. 

1 hour ago, Alex D said:

Did you see his first match of the year v Fenerbache? Guy was a vacuum cleaner in the midfield. Should have been MOTM. Definitely the first name on my team sheet if he is willing and able. 

Yeah, there is no way Hutch is bumped by Piette.  Sure, you can make an argument about building the team for 2022, but just based on current levels of play there isn't a question - Hutch is there.

31 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I’ve been saying it for years but I’d love to see Hutch on the back line when we play tougher opponents.  We are so weak back there and stacked in midfield it would be such a nice luxury to put him back as our vet, captain and best player. 

Agreed.  Especially with the wealth of young talent we now have in mid, as well as the issues at the back, having Hutch back there almost seems like a no-brainer (assuming he wants to play there).  Soccer IQ is so important in the back line, and he has it in spades.

Almost enough depth to field two semi-competitive teams. Except at right back, obviously (unless I'm missing someone). And I'm aware some of these players are slightly out of position. I think the first team is without question the strongest team Canada can field (except possibly at RB).

First Team:                                                                                   Second Team:

Larin                                                                                              Cavallini

Tabla                                                             Teibert           Millar      Wothersp.   David                 

Davies        Arfield       Osorio       Hoilett                                                               Piette

MDJ            Jakovic     Hutch        ZBG                                  Adekugbe    James    Henry           Petrasso

Borjan                                                                                           Crepeau

Edited by BleepBlap